Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Halo or Fable?!?!

halo 2 will obviously be the biggest, i mean halo is..."perfection", but still, my eyes will be on fable, i prefer RPG's to any other kind of games, so fable will be at the top of my list.
    \_\/_/ |_|)_) /_/\_\ \_\/_/
    ~~THE POWER OF XBOX~~
    /_/\_\ |_|)_) \_\/_/ /_/\_\

Don't be hatin!

Ok this is easy. Reserve Halo 2 and get it the day it comes out. Fable probably won't be out until after you've beaten Halo 2, so that you can purchase two great games!
    In the immortal words of Detroit rapper Obie Trice "Get the **** out my way" Go do ya mother proud, son.

Halo 2 with out questions will beat ANY game.
    http://halo.bungie.net/images/site/halo/screenshots/halo2/h2_e3_03.jpg

well that is a really tough choice and to make matters worse or good which ever way you mind goes first, Halo2 and Fable are both coming out in March. trust me on this. they would both be out the same month. so after they debut we can see how they each revolutionize the gaming world

The answer is forty-two frog11983's Avatar

Why are you so confident that they are going to release Fable in March? If you look around, everything points to, and there is even a confirmation that it is coming out in Winter 2003. I don't understand why you think that Fable and Halo2 would come out at the exact same time...

Think about it... If they released Halo2 and Fable at the same time, then people are either going to have to shell out $100, or just buy one game. Most people are not going to shell out $100. It would be much smarter to release the games months apart, allowing people to save money for the next one, and feel like they aren't spending as much. IMO, I think Fable will be Janurary/early spring release and Halo2 will be a early spring/summer release. However, it would be nice if Fable came out for Christmas, as long as there weren't any bugs.

Oh and don't forget about Half Life2. This freaking awsome(and in some ways more exciting than Halo2) game should be coming out about the same time for the Xbox.
    The glove compartment isn't accurately named.

Hippie kicking champion TuffEagle88's Avatar

Alien

I think Halo was great and all, but once you beat it there isn't a whole lot to do especially since I could never get 1/2 way throught the last level on legendary.
    Both Halo2 and Fable will be must haves, but if I can only get one- sorry Master Chief , I've got a dragon to slay.
    Hidden Content
    thanks to lax_defense for the siggy!
    "We go feet first!"

Thumbs up

HALO 2 by far
    Hidden Content Annalise your enemiesHidden Content Make them beg for there livesHidden Content Think twice act onceHidden Content

you all no me im Snoop E Snoop E's Avatar

halo 2 will defiantly be bigger but fable is also going to be hge i say pre-order both.

Wink

maybe i am the only one but i didn't like halo (maybe cause i am more into rpg and strategy then FPS or 3d PS) so i think fable will be better and more accepted by people than halo 2 but again it might be just me an the other 50 million of rpgish here in usa...
    Hidden Content I am GameFreak I already know that

Get a Life(US Navy)

Default Halo

Halo is bigger it is much better than Fable.Halo was prabably the best game for a long time until Halo 2 comes out.
    Life,Liberty,and the Pursuit of all who threaten it.

you guys forgot to mention the most important thing, Halo2 will be XBOX LIVE. The most intense battles will be fought in the Halo environment and will go down in history as the mother of all multi-player game. i say Halo 2 for the serious part of the brain.

If Fable is as good as it's supposed to be it will sell very well but nothing will compare to Halo2.

I'm confused, you know halflife2 and counterstrike? Well which one Is it coming out for XBL? I love counterstrike It's like my favorite FPS and it's a mod of halflife will cs be in halflife 2? Cuz, I watched a trailor of it and it looked like cs...so thats good.
    dean for president!!!!!!

Originally posted by Seawolf X
    I'm confused, you know halflife2 and counterstrike? Well which one Is it coming out for XBL? I love counterstrike It's like my favorite FPS and it's a mod of halflife will cs be in halflife 2? Cuz, I watched a trailor of it and it looked like cs...so thats good.
    you're confused??? we have to read what you wrote.

I think that there is no doubt that both will be great and sell extraordinaryly well. I think that Halo will sell more and have more fans, but there is no way that it will have the effect on the gaming world that Fable will. Fable is going to change everything about RPGs, sure Halo changed sci-fi shooters forever, but that was the first one adn no matter how much you add to it, it will still be halo- the insanely popular shooter.

Bottom line is that Fable is going to do to RPGs what Halo did to first person shooters.

Originally posted by Seawolf X

HL2 and CS:CZ are going to be 2 different games and CZ for sure will be XBL capable, but there haven't been too many details on the console version of HL2.

I agree that Halo 2 will be bigger, but Fable will shut up all the PS2ers that say XBox has no RPGs (assuming its as advertised). It should attract a ton of the RPG fans that hang with the PS2 for RPGs and with KotOR XBox should have 2 of the best RPGs ever made.

I will also agree that we shouldn't forget HL2. HL was as big on PC as Halo is on XBox and if it lives up to its reputation (like Halo 2) then it will be huge. If you haven't seen the E3 movie (the 22 minute one) I highly suggest you download it from fileplanet or where ever you can find it. The gfx of course are top notch, the gameplay should be up there with Halo 2 and the physics are unlike anything else. Everything is usable/destructable and the materials act like they would in real life. If you hide behind wood, someone can shoot through it and it will hit you and splinter the wood. They pick up a matress with a gravity gun and lay it on different objects and it folds and contours to fit the objects its on. They do the same thing with a dead body. They use the gravity gun to pull the letters F and U off a building and shoot them at a monster. Metal barrels float in the water as does wood instead of sinking like normal games. Cars and stuff respond to being hit by big guns by moving when hit. When you lop off a zombies legs its upper body crawls after you. They showed the environment being changed and I think it was meant to display that if something like a bomb goes off then there will be a crater instead of just a black char mark and that would be unscripted. There are a bunch of traps, and since the materials act "properly" you shoot a thing holding back a big log and it shatters to release the log on the zombies. You can pick up anything with the gravity gun (that isn't too large for the gun) and toss it. I think it was a heater that the guy ripped from a wall with his gravity gun and shot a zombie.

These things aren't prescripted events and are a part of normal gameplay, not like a few special items that you can interact with. Its really quite amazing and will revolutionize game physics.

So in a way I'd say Halo 2 Fable and HL2 will have a huge impact, but in a different way. I think any of them have the potential to be bigger then the others and i sure as hell can't wait for all of them!

good points.

Hidden Content
    "We go feet first!"

Are you serious? Is this really a question? Halo 2 without a thought.

CONKER

Hey fragmaster, where did you get that avitar? My parent on outwar has that exact same one.
    Hidden Content
    "We go feet first!"

Thread Information