Thread: What do you think

DON'T BE LIKE HER! Batman_wanna_be's Avatar

Default What do you think

Do you think Microsoft should make video companies put out games that are up to the xboxs capibilites or still put out cheesey PS2 ports?

I don't think they should MAKE them put out games that are up to the 'Boxes capibilities, but they should get some REALLY big guys to "strongly suggest" it to them.

Here is the thing. You, like most other people, probably consider anything ported from PS2 with no improvements a 'cheesy port'. Unforutnately what a lot of people don't realize is there are actually some really good ps2 games that I would love to see on the xbox, direct port or not. Sly Cooper is a GREAT GAME! If it made it to the xbox with no improvements I would still play it.

Renegade of funk

Personally I think it's profit / ease of transition.
    A company takes a game and makes more money by releasing it across the platforms. What's the fastest, yet easiest way to do that? Program for the lowest platform and send it across making the minimal changes to make it playable on the other machines.
    It doesn't happen all the time, but I can guess that it does most of the time. If you ran a company that makes games, you want to make the most money, yet be efficient in the process. It would make sense to make a game all the way across and only make the necessary changes i.e. translating programming code to make it playable from one platform to the next.
    Is it a cop out? To the hardcore gamer, it would be. In the terms of business, no it's not. Maximize profits, utilize maximum efficiency.
    Sure, some companies go the extra mile by making a good port. Utilizing the platforms capabilities to it's best and what not. Usually they add more console specific content, but that can be a disguise to make the game more apealing to that console.
    But I think if Microsoft had direct control over total content then they would disenfranchise alot of companies. Meaning making it too hard. Microsoft get's a cut from the games right? Isn't the fare that console companies make their profit from the games rather than the console themselves?
    So it would make sense to lay back and license as many companies as possible to make games for your machine, rather tha scrutinize so much you basically scare away your potiential business. What would you think? Having a hundred companies making mixed quality games, or having 20 companies making superior games. You're trying to make money.

I could be completely wrong, this is just me thinking out loud.

Lets go Canes/ Marlins! AlBoogy's Avatar

The only companies Microsoft can "make" do games that utilize the Xbox's capabilities are the ones the own!

Thank you to Caged Soul for the Sig! Hidden Content

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Like Kraft says, there are some good titles in PS2 that i want they appear on the Xbox. But this gonna ain't happen until Microsoft going strong somewhere in the future.
    Back into the world of gaming.

Thread Information