Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Washington Bans Sale of Violent Video Games

Sad

Only in america can you enfore fascist like rules, and call it democacy.
    Can i get an inverted flag? Haliooghya

Btw:
    I just bought gta3, killing people is fun. So i think im going to go to my current hooker corner (in WI), and kill them and take thier money. And kill a bunch of pigs. Now all they need to do is sensor what cops watch. This way, they wont kick the **** out of black men.
    Last edited by afon; 05-21-2003 at 09:42 PM.

Gosh, this could be a touchy subject. I think it should be left up to the parents on whether or not their children play violent video games, that said I also think if you are going to supervise your child's entertainment you should do it as a whole. Get some discretion on that TV there too bud! It wouldn't make any sense to me to not let the younger generation play a game such as GTA, and then let them watch Menace To Society, or something.

IN all honesty, and this has nothing to do with the thread really but it's my personal belief that alot of parents stick their kids in front of these things as a sorta makeshift, cheap babysitter. Sure you can't have your kids under your feet at ALL times, so there they are in front of an interactive environment . Whether it be considered good, or bad I do believe there is a certain amount of knowledge, and some basic problem solving skills that can be obtained through playing games.

On to what someone mentioned in an earlier post, basing someone's maturity level on other factors than just "age" Unfortunately this is not how it's done, and will most likely never be executed in this manner, I say unfortunately because, well.... We are talking about influences here, right? Well, ok, take the movie, The Fast And The Furious. Sure imports have been around for ages but I have never in my life saw soooo many tricked out, aftermarket part riddled, custom painted machines in my life until the release of this film.
    Agree, or disagree but Vin's a cool dude, hell when I left the Cine' I had a heavy foot even and I'm 27, and hardly own a "racy" import, more like a lifted Z-71, anyways! You just cannot tell me that this film hasn't inspired this trend somewhat, and they are not just building these things for show, they are racing them. Sure they would have probably raced their mom's Buick also, but this whole trend has IMO fueled the fire.

What I was getting at is, most of the folks who own those rides are gonna be 18 and above, MOST I would think. They have been influenced a certain degree themselves and are at this "certain age where several doors have opened to them" Now would your average 12 year old be doing this? Probably not, however I will go as far as to contradict myself and say it is probably because they are not old enough to be driving in the first place......

Bottom line, they can make all the laws/rules/regulations they want to, I doubt any of them will be followed to the letter, this was just somewhat proved in the above paragraph.. It's a no win situation.

Just my .02

Sleeping whats new

boo whoo whooo- this is so simple to get around EVEN if they enforce it. just get your parents to buy the game while you wait outside Anyway I aint gonna worry because it like they are gonna enforce it. But I do think some little 10-12 year olds need to be cut back on some games because i was just that old it seems like yesterday and I would go about crazy over a damn game too. But hey this is a tough one. but i dont think they will enforce it because if the store manager can get $50 he will let his employee sell it. yeah i would like to qoute like someone above posted "bunch of sissies"

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

It's almost hypocritical. It's already illegal to sell "Rated M" games to minors...what the hell is the difference with this?

It just goes to show "how hard" Governor Locke is working in the State of Washington

I live in washington, and Gov. Gary Locke is a ****ing idiot. I am totally serious about that. What an *******.

Thread Information