Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: John C. Dvorak the Jerkoff talks about the XBox.

Angry John C. Dvorak the Jerkoff talks about the XBox.

Hidden Content XBOX RULES!

John C. Dvorak is a anti-microsoft linux troll.

That guys such a fanboy. I didn't know Sega stoped Dreamcast because MS was making a console.

Sega got scared and abandoned its nifty Dreamcast, and Sony countered with the powerful but expensive PlayStation 2. Nintendo came out with the GameCube, targeted little kids, and further exploited Mario.

Despite the promise of better games to come, we've seen no platform-carrying games. Halo came the closest, but one hit does not make a business. I was told to expect a flurry of games, including a better version of the runaway hit Grand Theft Auto. But Sony pulled the rug out by making the console version of the game exclusive to the PlayStation platform. Sony has also managed to get most of its third-party developers to work for it exclusively. Microsoft is left dangling.
    Hey Dvorak you are a dumbas$. What is Halo2, Half Life2, Doom3, Brute Force, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic, Deus Ex 2 Invisible War, Soul Calibur II, Ninja Gaiden, StarCraft: Ghost, Sudeki, Fable and others? Who needs Grand Theft Auto when you got TRUE CRIME STREETS OF LA? Dvorak you give all journalists a name by talking about stuff you don't know a damn thing about.

Question

How long will it take for the Nintendo fanboy to join in tarring apart fool named Dvorak?

He is not anti-Microsoft. He actually makes some very serious points. No one here can deny the fact that the Xbox doesn't have an extremely serious library like the PS2 does.

Halo is the one really great game for the Xbox. Sure there are alot of really good games. But only one real great game that everyone knows is great. The PS2 has several of these. The PS2 has numerous exclusives. The Xbox has numerous ports.

You see tons of PS2 commercials. Almost no Xbox commercials (marketing). Even the commercials for multi-platform games show the Xbox version for the commercial, but at the end of almost all there is an announcer saying to play it on the PS2 while you only see a small Xbox logo at the bottom of the screen....

I could go on but I'm sure that you'll get the point. Either that or I'll be flamed.

Originally posted by Knight

Hey Dvorak you are a dumbas$. What is Halo2, Half Life2, Doom3, Brute Force, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic, Deus Ex 2 Invisible War, Soul Calibur II, Ninja Gaiden, StarCraft: Ghost, Sudeki, Fable and others? Who needs Grand Theft Auto when you got TRUE CRIME STREETS OF LA? Dvorak you give all journalists a name by talking about stuff you don't know a damn thing about.
    Where are these games now. It's been over a year and Halo is still the only great game. And just how many of the games that you mentioned above are Xbox exclusive? Not even half.

Yea, True Crime will be great. But it is still just another game that uses the GTA type gameplay, but without the big name or big hype of GTA. I've read tons of articles by Dvorak, and every single one he's always pointed out facts to back up what he rights. Can't do that without knowing what your talking about.

Originally posted by carlbme

I've read tons of articles by Dvorak, and every single one he's always pointed out facts to back up what he rights. Can't do that without knowing what your talking about.
    This guy doesn't know **** about Video games and he's nearly as bad as Jayson Blair. Do you like Jayson Blair's journalistist as well?

This guy doesn't know **** about Video games and he's nearly as bad as Jayson Blair. Do you like Jayson Blair's journalistist as well?
    How do you know that he doesn't know about video games? Besides that article is very little to do with video games themselves and mainly about the lack of marketing for the Xbox.

I'm with Knight on this one, this guys a tool.

Hidden Content This is some obligatory bold text

How do you know that he doesn't know about video games? Besides that article is very little to do with video games themselves and mainly about the lack of marketing for the Xbox.
    Do you think this tard plays any Video games, I think Not!? Do you think this jerkoff ask even one member of the game industry when this wrote this dog crap, I think Not!? Then he passes his opinions as facts. This guy writes alot BS & crap, he's ben doing it for a few years now maybe longer. This isn't the first time he passed trash off as journalistist. I'm just sick of his half-ass bs. John C. Dvorak is trash just like Jayson Blair.

The situation has worsened as the hacker community targets the Xbox as a possible cheap computer on which to run Linux or play tricked-out versions of online games. Microsoft is completely freaked out about this. Its entire online-gaming strategy assumes a level playing field, with the goal of attracting the broadest number of players in a distributed scene that has to be fair to everyone. A simple software hack could kill the entire strategy.
    If a simple software hack could kill the entire strategy, why hasn't it been done?

Other than that remark I think the guy made some good points.
    Hidden Content

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?" Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others" - Nelson Mandela

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

The article is way too subjective...Definately not an art of professional journalism. It's all opinion.

Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
    The article is way too subjective...Definately not an art of professional journalism. It's all opinion.
    That's how all of his articles are, one-side and he passes his opinions as facts. Yellow journalism.

hmm.......and how many of those titles are out now?.............thought so

anyway...this guy is not being biased at all, he is just giving the hard facts. You make it seem as if he is bashing the Xbox. The console isn't doing as well as Microsoft expected, and he (as well as you and I) knows about it, and more importantly "why" it isn't doing as well as it could.
    Last edited by y2kash_14; 05-25-2003 at 07:18 PM.

Originally posted by y2kash_14

hmm.......and how many of those titles are out now?.............thought so

anyway...this guy is not being biased at all, he is just giving the hard facts. You make it seem as if he is bashing the Xbox. The console isn't doing as well as Microsoft expected, and he (as well as you and I) knows about it, and more importantly "why" it isn't doing as well as it could.
    Amen!

The way I see it is Xbox has many more titles that appeal to me coming out in the near future than upcoming Playstation titles. And personally I think the current X library is very good, especially when taking into consideration the console is barely over a year old. Sony's library has been growing for like five years or more, and still only has a few appealing titles. But that's just me personally.

Hidden Content This is some obligatory bold text

Default Re: John C. Dvorak the Jerkoff talks about the XBox.

Good find. Even though he writes trash it's good to know IMO.
    Last edited by ARONO129; 05-25-2003 at 11:35 PM.

He is not anti-Microsoft. He actually makes some very serious points. No one here can deny the fact that the Xbox doesn't have an extremely serious library like the PS2 does.

Halo is the one really great game for the Xbox. Sure there are alot of really good games. But only one real great game that everyone knows is great. The PS2 has several of these. The PS2 has numerous exclusives. The Xbox has numerous ports.

You see tons of PS2 commercials. Almost no Xbox commercials (marketing). Even the commercials for multi-platform games show the Xbox version for the commercial, but at the end of almost all there is an announcer saying to play it on the PS2 while you only see a small Xbox logo at the bottom of the screen....

I could go on but I'm sure that you'll get the point. Either that or I'll be flamed.
    You say Halo is the only great game for the Xbox. Each console is known for one game. What that game is, is a matter of opinion.

Al ot of Sony's huge linup is less than mediocre. With Nintendo you have Mario Land 1, Mario Land 2, Mario Land 3 and so on.

Originally posted by ARONO129

You say Halo is the only great game for the Xbox. Each console is known for one game. What that game is, is a matter of opinion.

Al ot of Sony's huge linup is less than mediocre. With Nintendo you have Mario Land 1, Mario Land 2, Mario Land 3 and so on.
    actually, I believe Nintendo and Sony are known for their series of games. And I think Xbox is the only console which is known for only one game.

Thread Information