Thread: New Halo 2 Info

Default New Halo 2 Info

" One of the most spectacular new features displayed in the E3 demo of Halo 2, was when Master Chief "jacked" ( or as Bungie likes to call it " boarded " ) a covenant Ghost hovercraft. While many thought this was simply an "cut-scene only" action, it is a new, and very in-depth feature that will be featured in the final game.

"Boarding will be implimented in both the single and multiplayer modes of the highly anticipated sequel. While the final implimentations have not been finalized ,here is how it will primarily work:

You can board any land based vehicle ( sorry no boarding of air-borne vehicles ). You can board both enemy AND friendly vehicles ( no more stopping the car when you are carrying the flag and need a ride to base.)
    The player needs to face the vehicle he wants to board head-on, then wait for the screen to display a prompt at just the right moment (" press X to board Ghost") timing will be VERY crucial for boarding. Press the button too late or too early and you will be spartan road-rash. Attempting to board a vehicle from any other angle will still instantly kill the player.

Boarding an enemy vehicle:

Boarding vehicles comes with a price, your entire shield gets depleted ( this happens when you board both enemy and friendly vehicles ). This serves to prevent players from doing this move repeatedly during prolonged game sessions.
    Once you successfully board the vehicle you have a limited amount of time to do the following *3* actions:

-1 Using your current weapon you can shoot the driver untill you kill him, or he decides to bail out.

-2 You can stick/drop a grenade inside/on the vehicle and then you make sure to jump off before you become ingulfed in the ensuing explosion.

-3 Last but not least:This is what most players will do, you can "melee" the driver out of the car, this is the fastest way to take control of the vehicle. The downside is that the driver remains mostly unharmed from this action and will be very purturbed that you just stole his ride."

( By the way, don't get c0cky and try to board a fully loaded enemy vehicle, all the passengers CAN and WILL shoot you).

"Boarding a friendly vehicle:

This works pretty much the same as boarding and enemy vehicles but with some slight but noteworthy differences.

You can only board multi-passenger friendly vehicles ( sorry no kicking a buddy off his ATV so you get all the flag-scoring glory).

Using the Warthog as an example, you can board only vehicles with a spare seat/ gunners seat open. Once on the hood of the car you must quickly choose wheter you would like to ride shotgun or gunner ( each choice will be mapped to an appropriate button press).

"The main benefit of boarding friendly vehicles is that it allows for faster getaways than the first game allowed.
    Vehicles always get tripped with grenades when they stand still, or slow down dramaticly to pick up a passenger.So this will make for a much faster and dynamic multiplay experience, especially with CTF games."

Of course boarding enemy vehicles will keep them from bumrushing you for an easy kill, especially once you "slap" them out of their ride once."

"While all this information is very exciting, the game is still a work-in-progress and might be altered dramaticly from its current form. But I am certain we would all agree that it is certainly quite exciting what Bungie has in store for us. And imagine this is just ONE aspect of the many features the game will bring forth."

*Article from a Dutch Xbox gaming magazine, off-the-record interview with a bungie employee.*

Got it from GS forums.. (lol), but it's pretty cool

Thumbs up wow...

Man....this game is going to kick all kinds of asses...

I am on Halo like shadows on Sam Fisher.
    Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Damn, nice find, buddy! I can't get enough news about this game.

I'm really surprise that this thread is not creating a huge impact for members here...maybe this bump will get this thread's needed attention

bust a nut

lol, its a yeeeeeeeeeeaaaaar away. but its good to read new info on halo 2. nice find and thanks for bumping this.

Oh man, I don't like the sound of the Boarding thing...
    I have toppled many a Warthog as they slow down to get the flag at my base. One well place frag and that hogs a rollin'

Im sure there will be many new ways to counter that though. That's what I love about Halo MP

Oh, and now I wont be ran over my countless Ghosts! yahhh!

This is awesome. This is what Halo 2 is all about. I can't wait till this game comes out

Originally posted by LongBow
    Oh man, I don't like the sound of the Boarding thing...
    I have toppled many a Warthog as they slow down to get the flag at my base. One well place frag and that hogs a rollin'

Im sure there will be many new ways to counter that though. That's what I love about Halo MP

Oh, and now I wont be ran over my countless Ghosts! yahhh!
    Yeah, no joke...one of the things I hate in the current Halo multi-player is playing with Ghost Ships. I don't mind them during Team Slayer or Slayer...but, with CTF it is a no go for me. Only Warthogs...but, with this new added element in Halo 2, I'd open my mind to having Ghost Ships in multi-player...simply bad ass!

Originally posted by No Fear 23
    lol, its a yeeeeeeeeeeaaaaar away. but its good to read new info on halo 2. nice find and thanks for bumping this.
    Yes, it's about a year for this game, but, the time will fly and soon it will be here before we know it. Besides, this is relatively new news about it...so, I say keep the news coming as it becomes available!

The D.D.C. likes to stay on top of things:wink:

Lets go Canes/ Marlins! AlBoogy's Avatar

I don't want to talk about a game thats coming out in about a year when we have games coming out before then that will be good. Since Xbox came out on the first day thats all we talk about is future games. And a year and a half later, we are hyped about a sequel to a game that came out on day 1.

Thank you to Caged Soul for the Sig! Hidden Content

Originally posted by AlBoogy
    I don't want to talk about a game thats coming out in about a year when we have games coming out before then that will be good. Since Xbox came out on the first day thats all we talk about is future games. And a year and a half later, we are hyped about a sequel to a game that came out on day 1.
    Like a stated before, regardless to when Halo 2 comes out, it still doesn't discount the fact that the news presented in this thread is new. That is what the thread is mainly about.

Lets go Canes/ Marlins! AlBoogy's Avatar

I hear ya Maximus. But as one of the few people around here that have been around before the Xbox was released I'm pretty sure you can agree that the majority of discussions (in the general board) is about stuff that is a ways away. Although there is NO DOUBT Halo2 is going to be a huge game, im personally tired of discussing future games. I want them now. And I think a lot of the stuff that we were talking about back in the day are finally starting to pop up.
    I realize this is a Halo2 thread and that info is great. But I was more replying to when you said you were surprised no one was replying to it. Maybe some feel the same as I do and dont want to get hyped up for a game thats coming almost a year away.

Thank you to Caged Soul for the Sig! Hidden Content

If you're driving a warthog and someone boards it, how do you shoot them?
    Hidden Content

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?" Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others" - Nelson Mandela

Originally posted by shrew king
    If you're driving a warthog and someone boards it, how do you shoot them?
    Good question, because in the first one, the driver can't shoot. I wonder if the driver can shoot in Halo 2. I guess things will become more clear as more news is presented.

All I know is that I can care less when the game comes out.....any new news about Halo 2 is worth reading about. Not everyone will agree with that because the game is very far from being finished (And, I believe AlBoogy made a great point)...but, for me, I love new info on Halo 2. Hopefully we'll get more relatively soon

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Maybe in that situation, you are enter in third-person perspective to shoot the Covenant.
    Back into the world of gaming.

Thread Information