Thread: XBOX on LCD monitor

Default XBOX on LCD monitor

Has anyone here hooked up their XBox to an LCD computer monitor? I'm going to college and want to conserve space so I figured if the XBox looked good on an LCD monitor I wouldn't have to bring my TV. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated- thanks!

Also, I would assume that hooking the XBox up to a regular VGA computer monitor would look fine- but the LCD I wasn't too sure of. Am I correct in this assumption?

Default Re: XBOX on LCD monitor

Originally posted by Skin03
    Has anyone here hooked up their XBox to an LCD computer monitor? I'm going to college and want to conserve space so I figured if the XBox looked good on an LCD monitor I wouldn't have to bring my TV. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated- thanks!

Also, I would assume that hooking the XBox up to a regular VGA computer monitor would look fine- but the LCD I wasn't too sure of. Am I correct in this assumption?
    The hell if i knew, get a VGA box and try it out.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Doesn't an LCD monitor allow for a VGA adapter?

I was wondering the same thing because we are getting a LCD monitor soon (already ordered it), and we don't have any real nice tvs so I want to try it out.

It looks like pure dog sh it, not crisp very fuzzy but that was with a vga box that acted as a line doubler not a true vga signal. hey i'm fanatic.
    Last edited by FuNkY mOnK; 05-26-2003 at 07:26 AM.

Retired Giveaway Guru BigJosh359's Avatar

Default Re: XBOX on LCD monitor

Originally posted by Skin03

Does your LCD have an S-Video input, if so, should be pretty easy.

Default Re: Re: XBOX on LCD monitor

Originally posted by Josh-XBA

Does your LCD have an S-Video input, if so, should be pretty easy.
    Unless it is a true vga signal you'll never know how it will look on an lcd (please keep us informed), as far as vga line doublers and s-video, if picture quality means nothing to you go for it otherwise grab that cash with both hands and make a stash.:wink:
    Last edited by FuNkY mOnK; 05-26-2003 at 07:39 AM.

They do sell a convertor now that converts HDTV signals to VGA so you can play at higher resolutions on your monitor. They usually cost about $300 though but if you look around you could probably find one for cheaper. From what I've been told, it looks damn good. A lot better than the standard tv and almost better than on a real HDTV. Imagine playing Halo on a 19" monitor inches away from you...~drool~ the clarity!
    As far as lcd's go...Well they usually only look good at one resolution. As anybody seen the new Playstation 2 kiosk? It uses an lcd for the display and it looks like total shiet!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Originally posted by Cyclone
    They do sell a convertor now that converts HDTV signals to VGA so you can play at higher resolutions on your monitor. They usually cost about $300 though but if you look around you could probably find one for cheaper. From what I've been told, it looks damn good. A lot better than the standard tv and almost better than on a real HDTV. Imagine playing Halo on a 19" monitor inches away from you...~drool~ the clarity!
    As far as lcd's go...Well they usually only look good at one resolution. As anybody seen the new Playstation 2 kiosk? It uses an lcd for the display and it looks like total shiet!
    I don't know, man...XBox games on my 50" HDTV looks absolutely breathtaking

Thread Information