Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting an xbox... what games?

Default Getting an xbox... what games?

What games would you suggest?

I'm currently planning on getting MechAssault, the two that come with the XBOX, LotR: TTT, and that's it. Are there any others that I HAVE to have to have an ultimate xbox experience?

Oh, and does Live work well with DSL? I'm getting that too

Yeah, Live works with DSL

Get Halo, for sure. RTCW is supposed to be good on live, but I don't know first hand. And Ghost Recon is also supposed to be great on Live.

Hidden Content This is some obligatory bold text

dont get live if u have dsl. U HAVE to have broadband in order to play live. So your just throwing away 50 bucks, 50 bucks that u could be spending on halo! I dont care how old it is, its still my favorite game. If u have friends that will play with you, you should deffinately get halo to ahve the ultimate xbox experience in halo multiplayer.

Do extra controllers cost a lot? I heard they're like $30 new, which seems a lot for me. But I think only my dad and I will play (at home, at least), and one controller comes w/ the xbox... so I may only need to get one. Still, I'm rather low on cash, so I need tips on where to get my stuff for good prices. Ebay?

Wait a minute... live does or does not work on DSL?

???

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Originally posted by davenporter
    Wait a minute... live does or does not work on DSL?

???
    Yes, XBox Live works with DSL. DSL is broadband. In fact, I have DSL and play on XBox Live religiously.

And yes, get Halo and Brute Force (Brute Force comes out on the 28th). Halo is definately an "A" title and Brute Force is said to also be an "A" title.

Halo is not only XBox's best game, but, it's the best game ever created. Period.
    Last edited by Maximus; 05-26-2003 at 04:48 PM.

awesome, might you have verizon by the way? i do and i live in snohomish, near you

awesome, might you have verizon by the way? i do and i live in snohomish, near you
    I live in Auburn...And Verizon is not available in my area for some reason. For a while, I was using MSN Broadband DSL...it's good, but, I upgraded to Speakeasy.net DSL...it costs more, but, my speed is 1.5M download and 608K upload. It's nice!

sounds okay, verizon's giving me $35 a month and that's all my parents are really willing to pay

we have like 5 computers though so we need it... + an xbox soon.

anyway, i loved being one of the slowest connections on pc when i had my 56k (rollseyes), now i'll probably be down there with my dsl too.. not that it matters much, as long as **** works

we just got dsl recently and figured an xbox would go along with it nicely. can i count on meeting any of you playing mechassault on live?

sounds okay, verizon's giving me $35 a month and that's all my parents are really willing to pay

we have like 5 computers though so we need it... + an xbox soon.

anyway, i loved being one of the slowest connections on pc when i had my 56k (rollseyes), now i'll probably be down there with my dsl too.. not that it matters much, as long as **** works

we just got dsl recently and figured an xbox would go along with it nicely. can i count on meeting any of you playing mechassault on live?
    A lot of people on here play together on XBox Live...in fact, a few clans have been put together on here. Keep in mind, beware of the D.D.C. www.thedirtydozenclan.com

Hehe, i think my forums are going to make a clan but if we don't then i'll probably hook up w/ one of the ones here. If you wanna see my forums I think I left a link in my sig, not as cool-looking as these ones but they're still pretty cool

anyway, sounds good. i have a friend who can get me games cheap, for like $20 each, (actually being a webhost and webmaster of many sites i have lots of connections), and therefore I'll probably be able to get a lot of sweet games... but with all my webhosting/webmastering junk I don't have much money ... ohwell, in the long run i'll probably end up earning money from all the web stuff i do. i made like $15 in ads today (yay!)... lol and I bet the webmaster of this site will say "oh we're advertising x and x new games for microsoft and we just made $1k today" lol. anyway, its all good

Get Buffy($25) and DOA3.

Buffy for $25 is a very good deal.

And like Maximus sayed get Halo and Brute Force.
    Last edited by Knight; 05-26-2003 at 06:54 PM.

Hidden Content XBOX RULES!

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/sho...4628post434628
    Check that thread and my post in that thread. Besides those Xbox exclusives I enjoy the following:
    Blood Rayne
    Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon
    Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
    Enter The Matrix
    Max Payne
    Hitman 2
    Jedi Knight 2
    FIFA 2002
    Buffy The Vampire Slayer
    Conflict Desert Storm
    Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2
    Enclave
    ESPN X-Games Snowboarding 2002
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

Yes, XBox Live works with DSL. DSL is broadband. In fact, I have DSL and play on XBox Live religiously.

And yes, get Halo and Brute Force (Brute Force comes out on the 28th). Halo is definately an "A" title and Brute Force is said to also be an "A" title.

Halo is not only XBox's best game, but, it's the best game ever created. Period.
    wow, thats so not cool. my dad has dsl , and xbox live doesn't work over there maybe he has some weird kind of massachusetts dsl.

Originally posted by bretman1234
    dont get live if u have dsl. U HAVE to have broadband in order to play live.
    uhh...DSL is broadband

Originally posted by VenoM

uhh...DSL is broadband
    where i live, dsl is a type of internet that is the same speed as dial-up, just your always online. I guess its just different here.

DSL runs through the phone line, but it's broadband. Still uses ethernet so it can still use XBL

Sorry for the double post but I was thinking, you don't have 56k running on a second phone line and think it's DSL or something do you? If you do it's an honest mistake, I guess, but I was just thinking about what it is you have.

Originally posted by bretman1234

where i live, dsl is a type of internet that is the same speed as dial-up, just your always online. I guess its just different here.
    You're probably referring to ISDN...not DSL.

im not 100 percent sure we have dsl, but im pretty sure i remember him mentioning it, when the xbox live wasn't working. Maybe he was saying that he should have gotten dsl, but im pretty sure that wasn't it.

Thread Information