Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Game Do You Think Will Become The Next Halo?

I'm thinkin its gonna be....................... Halo 2

Brute Force!
    i am here

I'll go out on a limb and say Duality. Half-Life 2, DOOM III, and those other multi-platform games wouldn't be considered the next Halo since they are coming to PC as well. I suppose that is what you were talking about anyway, the next big Xbox game right?

If Duality keeps the amazing visuals I saw in one of the older OXMs and is Xbox Exclusive like I think I read in the magazine then it might just be a huge hit. What it would need is a good multiplayer, right now it looks like a single-player game.

Here is an off-topic question. How likely is it that Ubi-Soft will ever be a second party deveoper for Microsoft? Right now I am loving the stuff Ubi-Soft is putting out (the Tom Clancy titles anyway) and it seems like it'd be a huge thing if Microsoft could get them to be exclusive to the Xbox/PC.
    Hidden Content

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?" Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others" - Nelson Mandela

I think Full Spectrum Warrior could be awesome. It looks great in the stills. We shall see.

I think u all need to let halo 2 alone and let it finish being made. You all are getting to excited and its not even coming out till next year. I want this game bad, im giddy like a school girl and keep reading OXMs article. But im also excited about SOf2 that comes out June 17th. I think it'll be fun! No halo 2, but fun!

Loves Katamari Damacy StudioAlex's Avatar

Shouldn't the next Halo be a game that doesn't neccesarily resemble Halo as a game but as an event?

Halo wasn't a sequel, its developers were untested on the FPS genre (the games debut at E3 came with little fanfare), it blew apart what we had come to expect from FPSs (I don't care how good Doom 3 looks, if it's the same gameplay from ten years ago I'm not interested) and it became a sensation the moment it was released.

So the next Halo, a game that will redefine its genre or create a new one and will have us discussing what the next "enter mystery game's name here" in a year or so, will be... I don't know. Fable?

Thread Information