Thread: Xbox Live Version 2 FAQ

Post Xbox Live Version 2 FAQ

From IGN.
    Everything you need to know about the future of Xbox Live.

I thought this part was neat, I had not heard of the trial time.

How much is Xbox Live going to cost now?

The pricing plan was a simple as could be at launch: $50 for a year of service, software disk and a Communicator headset. For year two of Xbox Live and beyond, Microsoft has several pricing options:

New Starter Kits (year of service, software disk with demos and headset): $69.99
    Renewing Subscribers: $49.99 for 12 months of continued service
    Free Trial: After purchasing an Xbox Live compatible game (and a headset, sold separately), gamers can go online for free for two months. After 60 days they can get the renewing subscriber rate ($50/year) or pay $5.99 per month every month.
    Standalone headsets will sell for $29.99 and there's no set date for when these prices will go into effect. November 15, 2003, the one year anniversary of Xbox Live's launch seems like a logical start date since that's when several thousand subscriptions will lapse. The month-to-month rate and any other applicable charges will be automatically deducted from whatever charge account you used when you registered for Xbox Live. Also gamers will also have the option of buying renewal cards at a local videogame retailers. The card will cost $50 and come with a year of service and all you'll do is enter a code from the card into your Xbox to activate your renewal.
    More here
    http://xbox.ign.com/articles/421/421014p1.html
    Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

It's pretty cool to have options. I think this is a great deal, too. I figured that the second year for renewing XBox Live would only be $50...if it was more, I would have simply gotten a new subscription....but, now I won't have to

Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
    It's pretty cool to have options. I think this is a great deal, too. I figured that the second year for renewing XBox Live would only be $50...if it was more, I would have simply gotten a new subscription....but, now I won't have to
    Since when you buy the deal for the first time you get one full free game, headset, and two or three demo's for 50 or 60, I think when you renew you should get something over the top.

Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

Originally posted by Brevity

Since when you buy the deal for the first time you get one full free game, headset, and two or three demo's for 50 or 60, I think when you renew you should get something over the top.
    Someone didn't read the article.

When you buy the new kit, you get two demo's (not two or three), and 1 full game, and it costs 70 (not 50 or 60)

The only thing people that renew are missing out on is the free game (tetris) but you can buy that alone for 20 which puts you right 70-- same as first time buyers.

I have the new kit and its 50 right now Van, and its got three demo's. Moto, MechAssult, and um......one , two . Ok and Flatkasta. And I was playing all three on my head today. I hate you Van you tryin to make me look stupid? lol It worked. Ok so there are only two demo's, but the price now is still 50.

Originally posted by VAN
    The only thing people that renew are missing out on is the free game (tetris) but you can buy that alone for 20 which puts you right 70-- same as first time buyers.
    Umm... hellz no! They are also getting another headset and another gamertag.
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

Originally posted by Brevity
    I have the new kit and its 50 right now Van, and its got three demo's. Moto, MechAssult, and um......one , two . Ok and Flatkasta. And I was playing all three on my head today. I hate you Van you tryin to make me look stupid? lol It worked. Ok so there are only two demo's, but the price now is still 50.
    I still don't understand. Your thread is about renewals. You are upset because if you renew for 50.00 you wont get the same stuff that new users will get for 70.00.

That doesnt make any sense.

Formerly Jerred B Dyslexic Chaos's Avatar

Talking hehehe

Brevity actually had a short quote from the article and a link? THATS THE WAY YOU POST AN ARTICLE BREV!!!!! I think I may just buy a new kit, like Brev said, you get 2 demos, 1 game, a headset, and a new gamertag for $20. Also, can you put the 2 months of free XBL toward your current account? because if you can, at the rate i buy XBL games, i could probably just buy a games every two months instead.

Thread Information