Poll: Will you support the EA boycott

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Join the boycott on EA games

Too Sixy

Default Join the boycott on EA games

Further quotes from Electronic Arts Information Minister Muhammed Saeed al-Sahaf

"We are not afraid of the Xbox live players. Sony has condemned them. They are stupid. They are stupid" (dramatic pause) "and they are condemned. Xbox live is failing and the people want to pay for each game they play.

Gates that lair says they like to pay one fee. LIES. They are lying every day. They are lying always, and mainly they are lying to their public opinion.

You think their games are in an endless line coming towards us, wrong they are only a few of them and they turn around and then return as if to make a long sony S.
    They are achieving nothing; they are suffering from fiscal losses. Those casualties are increasing, not decreasing.
    It's a small system, it has only a few games... now they are in a trap. Soon the playstations online capabilities will crush xbox live and Sony will roast their stomachs in hell at the hands of Playstation."

Surely we cannot allow these games to continue being purchased.

BOYCOTT ALL EA GAMES, or at least those that have online for playstation only.
    Last edited by JR Alberda; 05-30-2003 at 12:55 PM.
    Hidden Content
    Hardware:XBOX, 1 Orig. 3 typeS controllers, DVD kit, XBOXLIVE

Games I own: Halo, Rallysport Challenge, Amped, Bond AOF, NHL2003, Ghost Recon, MechAssault, UC, DOA3, DOAXBV, CAPCOM VS SNK2EO, RTCW, Enter the Matrix, MOTOGP2, KOTOR, NFL FEVER 2004.

Nice approach man...nice approach!

Member on the run

Now that was hilarious!

LOL, did'nt vote cus I am in a voting boycot right now. But I will say IMO there has not been a game by EA on the XB that I have wanted to play even if it was XBL. There were a few that would have been nice to of had them XBL and all but no biggy. Its really there loss for not going more XBL pro with there games, I have seen threads like this on other forums and here and I always think "Why" cus its not going to help push them into taking a more active XBL role. I hate to say it but I am not sure an EA person (worker at NE level) has ever even been to "this" forum or NE other site with things like this. I would hope that is wrong but who knows. NE way my two cents is that this will not matter just like EA going XBL will not matter atleast to me. The only XB maybe XBL game comming from EA that I hope follows through is battle field 1942.
    Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

Vorticity

Sorry, I'm looking forward to getting NCAA Football 2004.
    Hidden Content

"A mathematician may say anything he pleases, but a physicist must be at least partially sane."
    -J Willard Gibbs

Sorry, but I like Battlefield 1942 too much to boycott em.

Default Ah..

If you didn't know, BattleField 1942 was canned for the Xbox. Just thought I'd let you know.

Originally posted by GokuX
    Sorry, but I like Battlefield 1942 too much to boycott em.
    Well, you could just decide just to boycott Xbox EA games... for however long they decide to keep making them. Honestly, the day that EA decides to support XboxLive they will be making a good chunk of money off of me.

Chancellor Of Dark Enemy # 1 Stunner's Avatar

Originally posted by Kraft-XBA

Well, you could just decide just to boycott Xbox EA games... for however long they decide to keep making them. Honestly, the day that EA decides to support XboxLive they will be making a good chunk of money off of me.
    same here i love nba live and medal of honor..

I don't boycott EA because they don't support Live, I boycott EA because their games suck it hard. I haven't seen a single EA title in the last 4 years worth paying over $19 for. In fact, the last good game EA put out was the original Need For Speed games 10 years ago on the PC.

Well if Fever is better then Madden or even close I wont buy an EA game. NASCAR would only be fun if it was online.
    Your sig image is too big. The entire sig can be no larger than 500x250 pixels. Please reduce it in size before you repost. Thanks, XBA Staff.

It is dissapointing to see EA make halfass ports for Xbox (Frontline, wtf was that? MoHAA quality is much more satisfying) . But, I will still buy their PC games, they're usually awesome.

I can't say I like them as a company, but if they make a good game I am not going to keep myself from buying it due to a bad choice here or there made by the company.
    Hidden Content

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?" Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others" - Nelson Mandela

i agree with that other dude...I've never been interested in any of thier games...they basically lick a big fat one...

Too Sixy

Default Fight the power!

I sure feel sorry for whoevers communicator is going to break into a million peices, but oh well your choice.

The point is to punish the m for making stupid choices.

I can't say I like them as a company, but if they make a good game I am not going to keep myself from buying it due to a bad choice here or there made by the company. -Shrew King
    Thier company is not listening to an entire group of gamers. The only way to make them look at what they are doing wrong is if thier XBOX sales plumit. Then when they come asking why, we can tell them that they suck @$$ and that they should make live games.

If they were a small company it would be different, but we are talking about a game creation superpower here, we cant let this slide.

I think i might start a site with a signup. Then we can send it to them and show em how ****ed off we are.
    Hidden Content

Games I own: Halo, Rallysport Challenge, Amped, Bond AOF, NHL2003, Ghost Recon, MechAssault, UC, DOA3, DOAXBV, CAPCOM VS SNK2EO, RTCW, Enter the Matrix, MOTOGP2, KOTOR, NFL FEVER 2004.

Craziest Mofo in the XBA Crazy Joe's Avatar

here's the problem with a (large-scale) boycott on Xbox EA games. All that will do is plummet EA sales on Xbox, which will of course have a bad effect on EA, but it will have a worse effect on Xbox. EA will not continue to make games on a system if they aren't selling any, and even if you might not like EA, they are the largest games company and without them the Xbox will lose the casual gamer and most likely fail.

Of course, a large scale boycott won't happen, but people keep asking for boycotts of EA on Xbox without thinking of the effects if it happened. I for one, do not agree with EA, not just for the non-Live issue, but for their straight across ports, and don't buy too many EA games, but I will not boycott them under some false belief that it will benefit Xbox.

Too Sixy

I really dont think it will benifit xbox, but to punish EA is the goal. They suck. And really, the only games of theirs I like are the ones that would be live. But the fact is, not doing anything, makes them think they are right. I will boycott but maybe a petition type of thing is a good idea. Or maybe everyone should just email the idiots and tell them they are stupid.
    Hidden Content

Arrow well..

Considering th 2K games are way better than anything EA has put out over the years, I could care less what they do. NBA2K4 can't come soon enough!

H-I-T-E-R........NO L! hiter101's Avatar

FACT #1: ea really dont give about ur 50 bux for a game because there heads are shoved so far up sonys a$$ they are grabbin money from the small intestine.

OPPINION # 1: I have yet to see a decent game from ea for the xbox except for NBA street VOL. 2 that game caught my attention but yet i will not be gettin it cuz my friend just got it and ill just pplay it at his house
    Heaven Won't Take Me And Hell Is Afraide I'll Take Over

Hidden Content

"He LIved By His Word And He Died For His Word" Rip DZ

Hidden Content

Craziest Mofo in the XBA Crazy Joe's Avatar

Originally posted by hiter101
    OPPINION # 1: I have yet to see a decent game from ea for the xbox except for NBA street VOL. 2 that game caught my attention but yet i will not be gettin it cuz my friend just got it and ill just pplay it at his house
    i dunno man, Two towers was good, so was Nightfire

Thread Information