Poll: Will you support the EA boycott

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Join the boycott on EA games

JR Alberda, that was cool..two thumbs up. Why do you want to hurt EA games with this boycott.....All they (EA games) are saying is that microsoft has to much control over the network (xbox live) and that they don't see how they will be paid....If you could get a better deal on your cable or on your internet provider at the same level or better of service....wouldn't you take it? Why should EA games be forced to take a deal that's not in their best interest
    Meanwhile back at the Ranch,Bificus Beefy AKA Evil_Dr_Beefy and his henchmen The Big Dipper Beast plot the destruction of their arch nemesis Spaceboy

Default Re: well..

Originally posted by Series3
    Considering th 2K games are way better than anything EA has put out over the years, I could care less what they do. NBA2K4 can't come soon enough!
    Actually NHL2K3 was a complete joke I thought. The graphics made me sick.

Loves Katamari Damacy StudioAlex's Avatar

uhhhh... I liked Buffy. I thought LotR was over rated. Haven't played a madden game since the genesis.

Yep.

EA can suck, but they seem to rule the world these days. If you want EA to get the message, buy sega or microsoft sports titles instead. You could also form a petition that states explicitly all of the signers will not buy EA games if they are available online for other systems but not the xbox.

Default Re: Re: well..

Originally posted by Pipetender

Actually NHL2K3 was a complete joke I thought. The graphics made me sick.
    Best AI in a sports game ever. Worst camera angles and graphics I have seen in a long time. The graphics were so pathetic I traded NHL 2K3 in.

Craziest Mofo in the XBA Crazy Joe's Avatar

Originally posted by Evil_Dr_Beefy
    JR Alberda, that was cool..two thumbs up. Why do you want to hurt EA games with this boycott.....All they (EA games) are saying is that microsoft has to much control over the network (xbox live) and that they don't see how they will be paid....If you could get a better deal on your cable or on your internet provider at the same level or better of service....wouldn't you take it? Why should EA games be forced to take a deal that's not in their best interest
    how do they get paid? they get their share of the $50 for the game, all they have to do is allow the game to be online, they don't have to pay for any servers or anything like that, so why should they get paid extra for it to be online? they just don't like the fact that MS won't disable online play once a new version of their game comes out

Member on the run

Originally posted by Gortholomew

how do they get paid? they get their share of the $50 for the game, all they have to do is allow the game to be online, they don't have to pay for any servers or anything like that, so why should they get paid extra for it to be online? they just don't like the fact that MS won't disable online play once a new version of their game comes out
    I was going to bring this up too...Though, this leads me to a possible idea for a thread that I've been thinking about...RUMORS...hmm....

Don't be hatin!

Dude this was so funny! Nice approach! It totally sucks that EA doesn't provide Live play and they treat Xbox gamers like s***.
    In the immortal words of Detroit rapper Obie Trice "Get the **** out my way" Go do ya mother proud, son.

Simcity4 was the last EA game I will ever buy. May EA burn in hell.

Hidden Content XBOX RULES!

Mmm...i must admit that i wasn't at the EA board meeting and i have to go on what i have read...I think that there is more to it than just allowing xbox live support and payment. Microsoft has some very deep pockets.....and money shouldn't have been such a big issue..i have the feeling it's more of a power thing...and EA (and a few others) has a problem with control of the server and the long term effects...I don't think that handing over the keys without asking a few questions first..is a smart idea.....
    Meanwhile back at the Ranch,Bificus Beefy AKA Evil_Dr_Beefy and his henchmen The Big Dipper Beast plot the destruction of their arch nemesis Spaceboy

I agree, and i like this guy because he doesnt pick one little thing to dislike EA for. EA was producing games for PC and the Playstation WAY before the XBox, its like you and your friends at school and the new kid comes in and he tries to be nice but you all dont accept him, lol only thing i could think of, but anyways its just like that. And I dont think that you all boycotting or petitioning will do anything to a multi-million/billion dollar company, i mean they did get there WITHOUT the xbox community's help so what will make them want to be so loyal to a community that whines about how much stuff they DONT DO, as opposed to praising them for stuff they DO, do. Now i know that Frontline was nothing great but stick your head out of your dark cave in which you do nothing but play xbox and you will find that EA is not as bad as u all think. I too really think that Microsoft has nothing to offer EA so they dont deal with them, that much.

SO IMO, I think you all should be petitioning to Microsoft to let EA do their thing and make greatLIVEgaming goodness for all of us.

Too Sixy

The whole basis is that they are not giving the choice at all. They claim that people would rather pay to play online per game, they claim that it would be better for the gamer with them in charge and their bias on all of the games they put out shows that they are far too much in favor of the PS2 system.

All of their games are made for PS2 first, so the xbox version has limited graphics, they do not use the xbox hardware to its potential.

The biggest thing is that they want to take the games offline when the next one in the series is put out, therefore forcing online players to buy the new game if they want to play online still. It is a money grabbing, horrible way to make games. The only way they will see their error is if people do not buy thier games.
    Im sure the world will soon see the games that others are putting out soon, that use the Xbox fully, and the tables will turn. Games like Halo2, BC, and KOTOR cannot be matched with sonys system, and therefore the EA games will never match the other games until their ways change.
    Hidden Content
    Hardware:XBOX, 1 Orig. 3 typeS controllers, DVD kit, XBOXLIVE

Games I own: Halo, Rallysport Challenge, Amped, Bond AOF, NHL2003, Ghost Recon, MechAssault, UC, DOA3, DOAXBV, CAPCOM VS SNK2EO, RTCW, Enter the Matrix, MOTOGP2, KOTOR, NFL FEVER 2004.

Originally posted by Kraft-XBA

Well, you could just decide just to boycott Xbox EA games... for however long they decide to keep making them. Honestly, the day that EA decides to support XboxLive they will be making a good chunk of money off of me.
    Well in that case, I guess you could consider me an inadvertant participant in the boycott because I haven't bothered purchasing any EA Xbox games. I did however rent SSX one time when the Xbox had just come out. Though I'm still helping to fund their operations through my PC game purchases.

Gamerscore Whore

Give me a game like NCAA Football every year and EA will get my 50 bux everytime. It sucks they dont support Live but it wont sotp me from buying games I like and that are really good.

SoccerCJM77

I don't really care because I don't even have Xbox Live. Maybe if they gave everyone free xbox live service with broadband because I'm hoping to play HALO 2 on live sometime

Originally posted by JR Alberda
    The whole basis is that they are not giving the choice at all. They claim that people would rather pay to play online per game, they claim that it would be better for the gamer with them in charge and their bias on all of the games they put out shows that they are far too much in favor of the PS2 system.

All of their games are made for PS2 first, so the xbox version has limited graphics, they do not use the xbox hardware to its potential.

The biggest thing is that they want to take the games offline when the next one in the series is put out, therefore forcing online players to buy the new game if they want to play online still. It is a money grabbing, horrible way to make games. The only way they will see their error is if people do not buy thier games.
    Im sure the world will soon see the games that others are putting out soon, that use the Xbox fully, and the tables will turn. Games like Halo2, BC, and KOTOR cannot be matched with sonys system, and therefore the EA games will never match the other games until their ways change.

So youre saying basically EA is trying to control all gaming like a dictatorship?? And if they cant have theyre way they'll behave like a small child and have a tantrum, i.e. not making games with Live compatability?

Question

The only thing that ****es me off about EA is that all their games have to be PS2. But I wont Bouycott them because I'm gonna play the new bond game, and defiantly the return of the king.

Thread Information