Thread: "Significant" Xbox game from Rockstar and... other big news

Craziest Mofo in the XBA Crazy Joe's Avatar

Default "Significant" Xbox game from Rockstar and... other big news

In Q1 of 2004, Rockstar will release a significant Xbox game, although it is not stated what it is.

Also Take-Two will be publishing one or more games under the Gathering of Developers label that utilizes the HALO ENGINE!

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/du...s_6029145.html

Default Re: "Significant" Xbox game from Rockstar and... other big news

Originally posted by Gortholomew
    In Q1 of 2004, Rockstar will release a significant Xbox game, although it is not stated what it is.

Also Take-Two will be publishing one or more games under the Gathering of Developers label that utilizes the HALO ENGINE!
    I hope that the RS game isnt just a port of GTA3/VC, or a "special" version of it =/
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Renegade of funk

What the heck is this? It's kind of cool.

well since it doesn;t say its exclusive, my guess goes out to Max Payne 2

LOL....Max where so you find this stuff

Anyway, I'm not sure what the game is but I did read that as soon as the exclusive runs out on GTA with Sony, it is XBOX bound.

Member on the run

If they do make GTA for the XBox, the damn sure better make the graphics better!

hehe, Maximus' reply had me laughing my ass off. But yeah. GOD, Rockstar, sounds like Max Payne 2 to me.

Hidden Content This is some obligatory bold text

Loves Katamari Damacy StudioAlex's Avatar

Originally posted by highlite23-XBA

Anyway, I'm not sure what the game is but I did read that as soon as the exclusive runs out on GTA with Sony, it is XBOX bound.
    In the recent OXM (the rumors section), they say that GTA3 and Vice City will be released on the same disc 24 hours after the exclusivity agreement is ended. That won't be until Jan. 1, 2005. By that time I think anyone who wants to play the games will have played it somewhere else by then.

Craziest Mofo in the XBA Crazy Joe's Avatar

Originally posted by StudioAlex

In the recent OXM (the rumors section), they say that GTA3 and Vice City will be released on the same disc 24 hours after the exclusivity agreement is ended. That won't be until Jan. 1, 2005. By that time I think anyone who wants to play the games will have played it somewhere else by then.
    it wouldn't have been until Jan. 1, 2005, but in the article i linked to it said that exclusivity agreement has been amended. Maybe it will be a GTA title. I think if it were Max Payne 2 then he would have said for all consoles, or Xbox and PS2, i think this one is coming out just for Xbox at least in Q1 2004, whether it's been out on other consoles, or coming out later on other consoles.

What about the news that Take Two is gonna use the Halo engine? This is the first i have heard of any other company using Bungie's engine, what do you guys think of that.

I did hear that Microsoft was trying to make Max Payne 2 exclusive.
    Your sig image is too big. The entire sig can be no larger than 500x250 pixels. Please reduce it in size before you repost. Thanks, XBA Staff.

Thread Information