Thread: 2 year service contract worth $50??

Default 2 year service contract worth $50??

Hello, do you guys think it's worth sinking another $50 into the extra 2 year service warranty on the XBOX? I am debating, but will probably do it. Let me know your thoughts please, thanks!
    Think Different.

Frostberg

a problem wont happen in 2 years. The warranty is just enough because with something like this, it will go bad right when you get it to about a week or in 6 years. Nothing will go bad witing 2 years most likely. If something is bad of DOA, you will know immediately

Agreed. Statistically speaking, if the XBOX doesn't break within the standard 90-day warranty it isn't likely to break within the next two years. That's why Microsoft is happy to take your money to extend the warranty. They know it isn't likely to break and it's free money for them.

i guess you could say that... but i still think it is worth it. with something like a harddrive in it you never know. they can fail. although the average HD life is like 3 years....i still think the 2 year is worth it. plus it covers you controller too... i got the 2 year from media play it covers the box and controller. i mean even if just the control breaks i break even.

All you're buying is peace of mind. If you're like me and have faith in statistics then that $50 would be better spent on a game. If you're seriously worried about the quality of your XBOX then maybe it's worth it to you to belay that worry for another two years.

Oh...I should probably add that I will probably never move my XBOX. If you intend to throw it in a bag and bring it to your friends' homes it might be worth it. If you've got small children or pets in the house that tend to knock things over or otherwise abuse your stuff then it might be worth it.

I treat my XBOX well and it treats me well in return.

Default Speaking of warranties...

I have really never had any problems with any system within an acceptable life-span. My genesis still works, ps still kicking, dc is glitch free and knock wood xbox will follow in their footsteps... However I have given this the once over many a time. ....
    Where on the scam meter does this fall....taking into consideration design remains the same and there is no system to id specific lots...what would keep me from (if my box failed 4 onths from now) just buying another box from say your friendly neighborhood everything mart and for some unexpained reason think this new one was not working either and ummm return it.

I just hope it doesn't perform like a typical PC does where it goes bad out of the box. At least this doesn't have a Windows OS on it, so that will ensure a a few more days of enjoyment at least. Only thing I can imagine going bad is the power supply and/or HD on this badboy. But it's nice having the controllers under warranty as well because those beasts are very expensive and can break easily (especially when playing "Amped" and you throw the thing across the room ).....so far so good though on everything. I just love it.
    Think Different.

Default Re: Speaking of warranties...

Originally posted by maxpower
    I have really never had any problems with any system within an acceptable life-span. My genesis still works, ps still kicking, dc is glitch free and knock wood xbox will follow in their footsteps... However I have given this the once over many a time. ....
    Where on the scam meter does this fall....taking into consideration design remains the same and there is no system to id specific lots...what would keep me from (if my box failed 4 onths from now) just buying another box from say your friendly neighborhood everything mart and for some unexpained reason think this new one was not working either and ummm return it.
    You could probably do this if you keep your original box in like-new condition.

Frostberg

Default Re: Re: Speaking of warranties...

Originally posted by Hugh_Jass

You could probably do this if you keep your original box in like-new condition.
    Just use the box from the new Xbox

haha i do that with everything that breaks after warrente is up.... well ill do that if it breaks after the 2 year i guess

ok think about it, if your xbox breaks, all you have to do is go buy a new one, keep the reciept,put the broken one in the new box and take it back like it was that one. tell them you have changed your mind about it and you dont want it anymore, get your money back! its simple. ive done this a few times and it works every time. once my friend took batteries back this way! the only way this wouldnt work is if the numbers or something is different or something but i dont think they will be.
    I'm going 360 arent you?

sorry Hugh_Jass i didnt read what everyone said before i wrote that, we basically said the same thing, i wasnt trying to copy you or anything. sorry once again
    I'm going 360 arent you?

Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
    Agreed. Statistically speaking, if the XBOX doesn't break within the standard 90-day warranty it isn't likely to break within the next two years. That's why Microsoft is happy to take your money to extend the warranty. They know it isn't likely to break and it's free money for them.
    My words exsactly.

Default Re: Re: Re: Speaking of warranties...

Originally posted by Frostberg

Just use the box from the new Xbox
    The serial number on the new box wouldn't match the serial number on the old XBOX. If they check it you'd be busted.

walmart wouldnt be that smart i dont think..... a friend of mine once got mono.....bought an n64(back in the day) a steering wheel and like 5 games..... he played it for a month got better and returned it all after

Thread Information