Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFL Fever 2004 Boxart + Gameplay Details!

Default NFL Fever 2004 Boxart + Gameplay Details!

***ME,, no need to do a source here, I think all this is from ebgames lil lead in for it. So I guess www.ebgames.com, but I got it from xengamers. Nice read for ppl like me that liked the first two.**
    Found this at the GA forums, which in turn found it at operation sports.

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We've made so many changes to gameplay, it's hard to list them all. Here's a small portion of that list:
    1) Read & Lead passing. You've undoubtedly heard about this. This is gonna totally change the way you play Fever. So much so, we needed to add separate online ranking leeaderboards to separate the men from the boys.
    2) New animations. Lots of 'em. I think we have over a thousand new animations this year. Virtually everything has been completely re-done. The list of new animations includes Blocking, Tackling, Broken tackles, QB broken tackles, QB specific tackles, Catching, DB anims, 3 player tackles among others.
    3) "Read" routes. RBs and FBs can now read the blitz and only run their route if no one comes. An AI setting lets you control how long they wait before deciding there is no one blitzing.
    4) Defensive adjustment "macros". We added so many new ways to adjust the defense pre-snap that we needed to add shortcuts for those. i.e. since you can shift your LBs and your line and set the DBs to tight coverage and move players up and back pre-snap, we let you do all of that at once with one button (i.e. Stop Run Right or Defend Deep Pass).. unfortunately you can't make your own or modify the existing ones this year.. only so much time!
    5) Defensive plays can now be flipped (you could only flip offensive plays last year)
    6) Receiver's hot routes can now be flipped
    7) Defensive players now have a shuffle/backpedal button
    8) RBs who normally have a pass route can be switched into blockers or vice versa (read routes can be used as well)
    9) Any receiver/RB can be sent in motion using one of several different motion routes on any play
    10) Fatigue now works much more realistically.. you hurry-up offense lovers are gonna have to be more careful this year.
    11) There's a "swat at ball" button on defense
    12) There's an option to tell safeties to focus on the run, pass, or balanced.
    13) New formation editor.. don't like the standard formations? make your own. If you want to line up 3 receivers on top of each other, knock yourself out. You can move pretty much any player (offense or defense) around to pretty much anywhere on the field.

...and more surprises that you'll hear about in the weeks to come.

There is also a new 8 minute quarter length that is available in all game modes (including online).
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
    We have 2 styles of Read & Lead. The first is "locked" mode where there is a passing reticle that starts out on the receiver you press the button for and moves with him. If you then move the reticle a bit with the right analog stick, when you let go, it will continue to move relative to the receiver but in the new position. It's "locked" to him. So if the guy runs an out route, you hit A to put the reticle on him and then move it slightly in front of him to lead him. Since it keeps moving with him, all you need to do is throw. The amount of lead you give him depends on the receiver's speed, your arm strength, where the DBs are, etc... and more importantly, on *your skill*. You can also adjust the height of the pass when your arm is in motion to throw it up high or down low to even further avoid a pick.

The other mode is much harder, and called "unlocked'. You are responsible for moving the reticle at all times so if you hit A, the reticle will appear on the receiver, but the receiver keeps moving and the reticle does not. So you'd need to keep adjusting it. Some people like this mode, but it's really challenging. An option lets you switch back and forth as much as you want when playing (even online).

There are some fun new training camp drills to help you learn this. Once you get the hang of it, you'll never go back. You might even forget to run the ball.
    Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

THE REAL BOSS

I think i may go back to fever, the 2k series really has gotten to me and im sick of it.

NHL Rivals looks awesome too
    RIP David (DZNUTZ) 5/23/04

Anything decent is an improvement over last year's Fever. They have a tough year ahead of them as a lot of people realized that Sega NFL2K3 is a great game and 2K4 will be the same. The one big advantage Fever has is that cool little XSN logo... lets hope XSN is worth it as well.

GRAVEDIGGER

Well, i must say..i use to be a big fan of Fever. I actually bought the first one, and it was fun. And i was ready to get the second installment. But it turned out to be pretty weak for my taste in football gaming. So i had to jump to the 2K series, cause i simply loathe madden. So i dont know about this one, i might give it a lil glance if things seem to be getting better for Fever.

Untill next time...

I never played the first one. The second one was pretty decent for me. Of course I'm not a hardcore football game fan so that might explain it a bit.

Lost but not forgotten - RIP DZNUTZ DZNUTZ's Avatar

sega sports OWNZ J000!

i [IMG]http://www.thedirtydozenclan.com/html/emoticons/****2.gif[/IMG] on fever.

Member on the run

Originally posted by DZNUTZ
    sega sports OWNZ J000!

i [IMG]http://www.thedirtydozenclan.com/html/emoticons/****2.gif[/IMG] on fever.
    Bwahahaha!

uh...can't use that one here man!

Originally posted by rudedogX

Bwahahaha!

uh...can't use that one here man!
    HAHAHAHA classic, there is a preview button DZ. I just hate 2K3, or ne saga game. Not cus of them or graphics or what ever but I cant control them.
    Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

Lost but not forgotten - RIP DZNUTZ DZNUTZ's Avatar

each football game has its flaws...the goal is to find the one with the least amount..and sega has got that.

oh yea and **** the censors!

Originally posted by GRAVEDIGGER
    Well, i must say..i use to be a big fan of Fever. I actually bought the first one, and it was fun. And i was ready to get the second installment. But it turned out to be pretty weak for my taste in football gaming. So i had to jump to the 2K series, cause i simply loathe madden. So i dont know about this one, i might give it a lil glance if things seem to be getting better for Fever.

Untill next time...
    ah..no mad face, lol

where've u been?

and btw, im getting sick of payton..

to this day, I am still schooling the NOOBS in fever.

Too bad none of you xba FEVER owners will play me.......

I guess my ranking scares you away

FEVER 2004 will be mine the day it comes out.

-borka105
    thanks to thrAsher-XBA for the sweet sig

Voice command use, and game film downloads would should be put in just for the sake of marketing
    Your sig image is too big. The entire sig can be no larger than 500x250 pixels. Please reduce it in size before you repost. Thanks, XBA Staff.

Originally posted by Kraft-XBA
    Anything decent is an improvement over last year's Fever. They have a tough year ahead of them as a lot of people realized that Sega NFL2K3 is a great game and 2K4 will be the same. The one big advantage Fever has is that cool little XSN logo... lets hope XSN is worth it as well.
    I hope Inside Pitch doesn't have that LOGO because that game sucks!!!
    Hidden Content

Good Traders List Page 24 and 25!!!

Originally posted by ChaoticMage
    I think i may go back to fever, the 2k series really has gotten to me and im sick of it.

NHL Rivals looks awesome too
    The 2k series is da best on da planet. Everything from gameplay to graphics to sound is stellar. I don't see how you can say you don't like ANY SEGA games. I think they are the best developers in the world.
    Hidden Content

Good Traders List Page 24 and 25!!!

Don't Knock The Hustle

I gotta say it..
    so far..so good....this game sounds like it's a contender
    I have alot of games!

Madden will be way better.

Gamerscore Whore

Like DZ said, all three games have their plusses and minuses. At the moment that would put NFl 2k3 at the top of the pack for best game overall with Madden right behind and Fever sittin at the bottom. Things look promissing for fever with the XSN feature. That is the only thing that attracts me to this game for the time being. Now if they changed the gameplay, then that is a major plus as the game could only get better.

Since Madden is not online for the xbox, that only leaves 2k4 and fever 2004. And if we end up not getting 2k4 then we'll be stuck with fever 2004 for online play. I just hope they have made the gameplay better!!

IMO Sega's NFL 2K3 has lousy camera angles (too far away) and the announcers sound awful. Madden has Madden in it with no online play=no more EA, which leaves Fever.

How long will Payton Manning be on the covers?

Take It As It Comes TegSkywalker's Avatar

I have played the NFL 2K games since the first one on the Dreamcast, and I am starting to get sick of them. I dunno... even though the graphics are updated and the Xbox port has online play, it just doesn't seem that special to me anymore.

I don't play NFL 2K3 online anymore due to the fact that it can be too sim at times. I know some people love the simulation aspects of football, but the fun for me is starting to wane because once in a while I want a game or two that I can not take serious. I may give NFL Fever 2004 a chance becuase of the fact that it looks more fun than the 2K games because it is not locked down in the sim aspects of football.

I guess I will have to see when the reviews come out and if NFL Fever 2004 is worth the cash. I thought Fever was a decent game for its arcade like gameplay, but I am willing to give it a second chance.
    Current Xbox Live Games: Counter-Strike, Project Gotham Racing 2, Splinter Cell: PT.

Thread Information