Poll: which E3 trailer do you like the most?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: halo 2 vs. half-life 2

Default halo 2 vs. half-life 2

which game do you think is going to be better? and why?
    or which trailer do you like the most? please answer

if you haven't seen the trailers before go here:
    http://gametrailers.com/vault-h.html
    If you can beat me in HALO you are the HALO MASTER

i like both games they look awesome,but i think the half-life 2 trailer looks a little better than the halo 2 trailer.
    dont you guys think?and in the half-life 2 trailer the people l00k like real pe0ple

half life 2 has amazing graphics...that grav gun looks pretty sweet too...but to be honest, my heart goes to halo 2...im more immersed in its story and characters.

i'll be getting both next year
    5 National Championships...13 Final Fours...Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

Default Hmm....

I'm split between the two, to tell you the truth...I think they are both worthy candidates for Best Game of All Time....Unless of course you don't like FPS...I think Half-Life has left a bigger legacy...And with all the hype surrounding Halo 2, and considering how good Half-Life was, I think Valve has alot to live up to, but then again, so does Bungie....Whichever is better, I'll be grabbing up both :-)

Question

some0ne knows when is half-life 2 is going t0 be release?

That's a pretty difficult question to answer. I mean, both of these games look unbelievably incredible. But I'm gonna have to go with Halo 2 on this one. Half-Life looks amazing n' all, but it doesn't look to me like it is as high paste in chaos as Halo 2 is. You know what I mean? Ah god, this is to hard to choose. What ever I'll just say Halo 2

Loves Katamari Damacy StudioAlex's Avatar

They both look to be excellent, but I'm Halo's b!tch for one big reason. All the vehicles man. Also, I can't deny the genius of implementing a combo system for the melee attacks.

Halo 2, I loved Halo and I hated Half Life, so meh...

Originally posted by HALO2
    some0ne knows when is half-life 2 is going t0 be release?
    Sometime later this year, probably a month or 2 b4 xmas.

1. Halo2 looks alot better to me in almost all aspects visually except for character facial animation.

2. Physics engine on Half-Life 2 looks absolutely incredible and opens up the spectrum for dynamic gameplay. Halo 2 is supposedly going to offer something like this with the ability to shoot out lights and use tables, etc.. for cover. Remains to be seen which company has the best level designers to fully allow the player the freedom to choose how to play.

3. Storywise, hands down Halo 2. Half-life 2 was very cool and intriguing but Halo did it more for me. Master Chief is alot more interesting than Gordon Freeman!

4. Halo 2 -> Xbox Live...need I say more?

Overall, most excited about Halo 2.
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

What is different between the two is the ennemy AI. In Half-Life 2 trailer, we have seen something very intelligent from the ennemy: when you try to block the door with a table, they try to kick it and shoot you, or they find another way to shoot you (in the windows). But in Halo 2, 8 mins trailer, we only seen MC start shooting all the way, there are not showing any AI of the ennemy.
    Back into the world of gaming.

I honestly have higher expectations for Half-Life 2. I can always HOPE that Halo 2 will be better, but in reality, i think it's going to be the PC game that wins.
    Hidden Content Join and earn games by posting!

The Half life 2 trailer is from the PC version but they say the xbox will be just as good and it does show in game play,Halo2 shows nothing of Game play yet but i'm betting that it will kick ass in the Xbox Live dept. Those of you who played Half life know that no one has ever recreated that experience from a FPS... EVER. Both will Rock.

holy crap i love halo and i love half life man i might just end up buyin both rofl xbox ownz and man i know some people dog on ms but at least we gettin some class computer games i been playin before xbox even hit the shelfs

Originally posted by FuNkY mOnK
    Halo2 shows nothing of Game play yet
    Hello!?! Halo 2 E3 trailer bro, got like 8 minutes of a dude playing.
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

Halo 2. I'll definitely get Half-Life 2 as well but I'm more looking forward to Halo 2 because in total I have had more fun out of the original Halo than the original Half-Life. Although the Half-Life 2 mods that are sure to follow ill definitely be interesting.

Hidden Content This is some obligatory bold text

Arrow easy...

HALO 2 ....without a doubt.

Official Hitman of XBA Hitman101's Avatar

Halo 2 will be the crowd favorite for the xbox community hands down, HECK I even picked it !!! But Half-Life 2 will give Halo 2 a run for its money. Half Life 2 is being totally under rated....
    Hidden Content

THE HITMAN IS BACK !!!! Yet again !!!

I'd have to say Half-Life 2, just because both of them look kick ass, and I read an article in which Valve stated that they will host mods for download on Xbox Live(Not sure of this though, I read it somewhere, don't get ****ed off if it doesn't come true). Anyways, I'm going to buy Half-Life 2 for the Xbox and computer, but, I'm also buying Halo 2, no doubt.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

I think the first Halo is the best game ever created, hands down. Of course, this is my opinion...and because of that, I think Halo 2 is going to be Halo on steroids....

Every new game I play, I constantly compare it to Halo. I wonder if I'm even obsessed with the game...if so, so be it. No game I have ever played can remotely compare to Halo's multi-player...and it's a game that genuinly takes skill to master. It's not a game where a person can just max their skills at...it's a game that contantly requires practice to become a pro... which is unlike any FPS I have ever played.

I mean, even with any DOOM game...or even Quake, you can only get "so good" and then master it. Same with RTCW and so on...but, Halo puts all people on par, all Master Chiefs, and see what you can do with him.

I've played numerous LAN matches where there were a lot of people that claimed to be bad ass at Halo. That's until I showed them what Halo can really do. Now, I'm not trying to brag, but, because I play this game literally, almost every other day, many people that I have played with couldn't believe how much better one can get with this game.

Now, I realize I'm among fellow Halo addicts here at XBA...and you all can probably understand where I'm coming from. People here are hardcore while others are not.

I guess my point is that the original Half Life was good, but, it was no Halo...and I don't expect Half Life 2 to be any different. I hope I am pleasantly surprised, though...I really do...just as I wished I was going to be pleasantly surprised with Ghost Recon, RTCW, Time Splitters 2, Unreal Championsip, and many others...which ended up all falling sub par to Halo's greatness.

I would say my money goes on Half-Life 2. Half-Life was an incredible story driven game that graphically was incredible during its time and now even 4-5 years? after it was released is still being played and compared to. As much as I love Halo and think it is the definitive Xbox experience, I think it will be forgotten in 4-5 years, but still remembered for what it did for Xbox. Another reason is the mod support. No other game has spawned so many commercial games from mods. And Half-Life 2 is being built to support just that.

But I can't wait for both. Halo2 on Xbox and Half-Life 2 on PC.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

Thread Information