Thread: i noticed something

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default i noticed something

have you noticed that nintendo and playstation FORCE you to like jap type games, while xbox has all american kick ass games. seems a little wierd. i think its time we turned the tables and shoved some good ol' american culture up THEIR asses instead of us getting it up the ass by them.

Here in Utopia harmful things such as cars and Barny are no more. All who are worthy recive an Xbox, all others must buy any of the other unworthy systems such as PS9!

that is so true...
    I bet them being Jap co.s and M$ being a USA co. has nothin' to do with it...
    Nor does the Jap influence on the gameing world...
    Hidden Content
    think about it...
    an
    Xtremely Big Outrageous Xtravagant Worior
    will kill a
    Pathetic Slimeball... even when there are 2 of them....
    not to mention obliterate a
    Groaning, Aching, Miserable Elf, a Completely Unworthy Being, Everyday
    Hidden Content

Slider1981

I say **** what the japanese think about the xbox. As a matter of fact a have a question. Why do we always care how a system will fare in Japan? I really don't give a japs @ss anymore, i have my American system. I would rather see people in Europe and Australia fall in love with the Xbox than the apartment with 8 japs in it. Verdict: ****'m
    Last edited by Rancey; 12-10-2001 at 01:14 AM.

Talking

I think it will do fine in Japan. I mean they almost can't get enuf of American type stuff. I think in like 100 - 200 years the majority of japanese will no longer even speak Japanese. I seriously think English will become the major language perhaps because its the simplest yet one of the most effective languages in my opinion. They have loyal PS2 fans but they'll be like wow a real DVD player for $300 I'll buy one.

Originally posted by Slider1981
    I say **** what the japanese think about the xbox. As a matter of fact a have a question. Why do we always care how a system will fare in Japan? I really don't give a japs @ss anymore, i have my American system. I would rather see people in Europe and Australia fall in love with the Xbox than the apartment with 8 japs in it. Verdict: ****'m
    We care because it's a huge market and game developers want to reach as broad an audience as possible. It's all about money. XBOX would have many more exclusive titles if their market penetration were larger. Trivializing the Japanese market would be a colossal error.

We do need Japanese support to have the software imported to us. But this IS going to happen. By the time we launch in Japan there will be a ton of Japanese games ready for launch, to drive them lil knucklheads wild and have them lining up for blocks to play an "American" console.

And we will reap the rewards when all their game companies start sending us second generation games to play. I am sooooo glad that for once we are playing the awesome new games and system before their little hands are all over them...lol

Suckas'

XBOX is THE FUTURE

PS2 is standing with one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.

GhayCube is never going to take off...another N64
    (sure youll get the Pokemans and a cell shaded Zelda....whatever)
    The hardcore will never support it for very long.

Long live my BOX baby

This is an adult system, a kid cant even pick it up

Here in Utopia harmful things such as cars and Barny are no more. All who are worthy recive an Xbox, all others must buy any of the other unworthy systems such as PS9!

My friend got a GCN a week ago,tried to talk him ou of it, but he wanted it..
    He now got his sites on HALO, and is miserable that he can't tuch it ... He got bored of the GCN already,
    serves him right
    Hidden Content
    think about it...
    an
    will kill a
    Hidden Content

I seriously think English will become the major language perhaps because its the simplest yet one of the most effective languages in my opinion.
    Not trying to be trivial.. but isn't it widely known that english is like the hardest language to learn??? And I HIGHLY doubt that english will be the official language of Japan within the next 1000 years.... just my two cents.

batman46st

Default FIGHT

I GOT INTO A **** FIGHT WITH A JAP CAUSE OF A RACIAL COMMENT HE MADE TO ME THIS IS THE COMMENT "TIPICAL AMERICAN SPIC CHOICE THE XBOX" DONT FEEL BAD I PUNCHED HIM ON THE FREAKING NOSE...

Japan actually uses 3 languages. They have their thousands upon thousands of kanji characters that you have to learn, plus they have another language so you can say things you can't say in kanji. I read that many Japanese know how to speak english, I mean they teach it to them in grade school, its only a matter of time til they go dang we could just have one language instead of 3. The guy behind Devil May Cry said he had the voices done in English for the Japanese version because many Japanese people speak English. Ok maybe 500 years. I've heard something about English being difficult to learn but if it was actually compared to languages in an unbiased way it'd probably prove to be simpler. Spanish is annoying enuf with all those tenses instead of just using they + ed, no U gotta know tenses for all words for all forms. Darn that.

One benefit of English is the simple character set translates well to a computer keyboard.

Not Quite Merridian, Idaho - And YES the potatos are fine lol... no I'm not a hick, I'm a Californian who had to move here... LOL

lol... u guys no very little about japanese my best friend has a japanese foreign exchange student living with him this year and i have asked that kid alot of stuff... plus, i took japanese for 2 years so far.

they do teach english to the japanese people in school because if u dont know english there, u cant shop in the local 7 11's and stuff cause lots of the labels and junk are in english. however, they are much like american students and dont REALLY know english much at all.

They do have 3 different alphabets... hirigana, katakana, and kanji. They only speak using one language like everyone else though, duh.

They have keyboards just like ours that are actually much more efficient... they have our stuff plus all 3 japanese alphabets on the same amount of keys... quite cool

and finally, i do not think they will convert to english anytime soon. If anything i would bet sometime in the distant futer WE take up JAPANESE. its more likely. if u ask me that is

thats all i gotta say for now... bye
    IusedtobeschizophrenicbutIwenttothedoctor...We'reOKnow.
    HeydontsayImcrazy!!!9outofthe10voicesinmyheadtellmeimsane...
    Bytheway,I'mdylsexic...butIfindthathiralious...soitsOK.

Originally posted by CBR900rr

GhayCube is never going to take off...another N64
    (sure youll get the Pokemans and a cell shaded Zelda....whatever)
    The hardcore will never support it for very long.

Long live my BOX baby

This is an adult system, a kid cant even pick it up
    I disagree, BS2 still has an edge on the XBox because of all the games. Don't get me wrong. I love my XBox more than any ***station, and the Gamecube... well... I was at a Target the other day, and I started playing the gamecube, just to see if it was all that good, and well IT WAS AWESOME! J/K. It sucked like mess. There was a BS2 there too, and I was playing Fever on XBox, and my friend was like begging me to let him play. In other words, the XBox is the best but Sony will be around a long time, and also Xbox also has plenty of kiddy games. I don't play them, but they do.

Originally posted by Jason1010

They have keyboards just like ours that are actually much more efficient... they have our stuff plus all 3 japanese alphabets on the same amount of keys... quite cool
    The way they get all the characters on the same amount of keys is by having "switchs" on the CTRL and/or ALT buttons, thus they gotto kow the 3 or more characters per key, not just one like on ours. Think of haveing ASDF all on one key, remembering them and the other key you have to press to get it.

In Europe all the accents on the letters appear by pressing the right ALT key and the letter you want the accent on. This is odd enough without having multiple letters per key.
    Hidden Content
    think about it...
    an
    will kill a
    Hidden Content

Thread Information