Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: xbox freezes?

Default xbox freezes?

HELp,

xbox now tends to freeze a lot on certain games. does this mean that its been left on for too long and needs to cool down or does this mean like a dirty CD reader ??

I doubt it would be leaving it on too long, because on rainy days I have played Xbox almost for 20 hours non-stop. Unless you left your Xbox on for a lot longer, it is probably the CD reader.
    MAKING A NEW SIG

Canadianboi usually on rainy days it is alot cooler (colder) so the xbox wouldn't have heated up as much as it would on a normal sunny day
    but it could be just a dirty disc.
    Last edited by Boomer; 06-13-2003 at 09:43 PM.
    Xbox Games I Own-Halo 2, Forza Motorsports, Gran turismo 4, Mech assault 2: Lone Wolf, Rallisport Challenge 2, Toca Race Driver 2, Burnout 2, Project Gotham Racing 2, Rainbow Six 3, True Crime Streets of L.A, WWE RAW 2, WWF RAW, Midtown Madness 3, Enter the Matrix, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, X-Men Next Dimension, Spiderman, Spy Hunter, Amped, Munches Oddysee

Yes, Boomer, the weather inside our houses changes with the weather outside...
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Mac sure it does, usually when it gets colder outside it gets colder inside, and vise versa. (and you think my comment was stupid)
    Xbox Games I Own-Halo 2, Forza Motorsports, Gran turismo 4, Mech assault 2: Lone Wolf, Rallisport Challenge 2, Toca Race Driver 2, Burnout 2, Project Gotham Racing 2, Rainbow Six 3, True Crime Streets of L.A, WWE RAW 2, WWF RAW, Midtown Madness 3, Enter the Matrix, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, X-Men Next Dimension, Spiderman, Spy Hunter, Amped, Munches Oddysee

Well we have a little thing called air conditioning and heating in my house...
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

really?

Wow, you easterners are really behind the times.

Lmao I guess so

Ok kids, it's pretzels and milk time then we take a wittle nap

Sleeping laser head cleaner?

they sell these laser head cleaners which act like music CDs, but they actually are designed to clean the dust off your laser head.
    THEY claim you should clean your head after every 10Hours of use.. I'm thinking heck betweem my xbox, my dvd, and my ps2 i'de be doing daily cleaning.. rediculous.

Has anyone here used these things before???

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Imagine when you play like in a extreme sunny day, like 30 C, sure you will get freezing cause it's too overheat. Try to play in winter like going straight 1 day completely (just leave it there playing music no stop), it's still cool when you touched it.
    Back into the world of gaming.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Warning: Your XBox will freeze if you have under 10 posts at XBA.

fkanderson
    anyways fkanderson, yeah I've used them once or twice on my pc about 4 years ago. They do clean the lense but theres not much point cleaning it because it doesn't get dirty very often.
    but if your experiencing constant freezing and you can't figure out what the heck is the matter, give the lens cleaner a try.

Angry FREEZINg SuCKz!

Brute Force froze once on me, as well as triple play baseball, but thats it and IT SUCKS!!!!
    "OnLy ThE FiTteSt SuRvIvE"

mine froze once on indiana jones, i was ****ed off but it was no big deal.

Indiana jones really ****** me off, when we were only about 4-5 levels from the end the game would not stop freezing. It continued to freeze in only this one area of the one level, and the game had to be returned that day (rented from blockbuster) I felt like taking the game out and snapping it in half.

Rebel Without a Cause werzjonny's Avatar

Ya my Xbox freezes a lot when I play MechAssault It really is frusterating. My friend actually bought a cd cleaner and it worked on my Xbox. I would recommend it
    Give it a try

Werzjonny ( gamertag is the same )

Registered User dances with broom sticks's Avatar

Originally posted by Boomer
    Indiana jones really ****** me off, when we were only about 4-5 levels from the end the game would not stop freezing. It continued to freeze in only this one area of the one level, and the game had to be returned that day (rented from blockbuster) I felt like taking the game out and snapping it in half.
    Shoulda got you $$$ back

Thread Information