Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GTA: sooner than later?

Default GTA: sooner than later?

I've known for a while now that Sony has exclusive rights to the Grand Theft Auto series, but latley I've been reading and hearing that the deal between Rockstar and Sony concerning the GTA series has recently been revised? Anybody know anything about it?

Don't quote me on this, mainly 'cause I don't have a link to prove it, but I read some where that Sony has the rights untill some time '04. And that MS will put out GTA on tha 'Box fall of that year. Unless MS changes ALOT about the game, I don't believe I'll buy it, maybe rent. It's just that it got sooo old too fast on the PS2, I mean it got boring as hell after awhile. I don't know, good game for a minute though.

I haven't heard anything about it being revised but what NINE BREAKER said is true. It belongs to sony until 2004. I'll try and find some info on that for ya but right now I think it was just an internet rumour.

Member on the run

Originally posted by NINE BREAKER
    Don't quote me on this, mainly 'cause I don't have a link to prove it, but I read some where that Sony has the rights untill some time '04. And that MS will put out GTA on tha 'Box fall of that year. Unless MS changes ALOT about the game, I don't believe I'll buy it, maybe rent. It's just that it got sooo old too fast on the PS2, I mean it got boring as hell after awhile. I don't know, good game for a minute though.
    Sorry, just had to quote you!

Originally posted by rudedogX

Sorry, just had to quote you!
    Rude's as funny as a hemaroid! Anyways, I have never been concerned with this game. I'm definately more anxious about some other overly violent games, like Mafia. GTA games, while decent games, are so overhyped that it isn't even funny anymore.

Member on the run

I would like to see Mafia when it comes to the box, but GTA, I am not all that interested in it. Oh yeah, and Kraft...

I liked Mafia on the PC it was fun rolling around and blasting gangstas wit my Tommy, but if they do make it for X, i really hope they take out the driving parts because that was so annoying.

ITs like frickin crazy taxi all over again but with a slow ass car and cops chasing u if u speed or pass someone.

** who cares if the cars are slow, what do you expect from the 30s??? a Ferrari enzo?
    Anyways Rockstar's and Sony's contract ends October 2004, but I read somewhere (I think it was gamespot, or IGN) that Sony was renewing the contract. But 4-6 months after the 1st Contract expires GTA3 and Vice will be released on Xbox.
    Xbox Games I Own-Halo 2, Forza Motorsports, Gran turismo 4, Mech assault 2: Lone Wolf, Rallisport Challenge 2, Toca Race Driver 2, Burnout 2, Project Gotham Racing 2, Rainbow Six 3, True Crime Streets of L.A, WWE RAW 2, WWF RAW, Midtown Madness 3, Enter the Matrix, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, X-Men Next Dimension, Spiderman, Spy Hunter, Amped, Munches Oddysee

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

By this time, Sony PS2 wil have GTA 4 and what we got ? 2 old versions near in the graveyard. Maybe Microsoft will understand that than leave it there.
    Back into the world of gaming.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.
    Xbox Games I Own-Halo 2, Forza Motorsports, Gran turismo 4, Mech assault 2: Lone Wolf, Rallisport Challenge 2, Toca Race Driver 2, Burnout 2, Project Gotham Racing 2, Rainbow Six 3, True Crime Streets of L.A, WWE RAW 2, WWF RAW, Midtown Madness 3, Enter the Matrix, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, X-Men Next Dimension, Spiderman, Spy Hunter, Amped, Munches Oddysee

Registered User dances with broom sticks's Avatar

I think mafia was a great game. I hope they add stuff to it for the xbox, or just give us mafia 2. I played the hell outta mafia and I dont think it would even make a rental unless stuff is added. Xbox Live and I would own it the day it comes out

a guy can dream cant he?

Default GTA

MIDNIGHT CLUB IS A ROCKSTAR GAME AND THATS ON THE BOX
    Expert Sniper: One Shot One Kill

Default Re: GTA

Originally posted by DeadlyShrapnel
    AND YOUR POINT IS????

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Default Re: GTA

Originally posted by DeadlyShrapnel
    The contract between rockstar and sony is for GTA only, not all rockstar games. And as far as the contract, it is over in 2004. GTA4 will be published, and a month or so later GTAII and VC will come to xbox. GTA4 will remain exclusive to PS2.

After playing the oh-so-horrible Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, I refuse to ever hype nor play any other GTA after VC, so I wont play 4,5,6,7 etc. And I refuse to play rip-offs of it like True Crime: Streets of LA, and The Getaway, since they are just lame attempts at a very successful franchise. I don't consider Mafia even close to a rip-off, so yeah I hope this rules (I never played it on PC). The only thing about Xbox & GTA, would be that I would hate to see Xbox disgraced with Vice City being developed for it. GTA3 is fine.

Originally posted by LTM360
    After playing the oh-so-horrible Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, I refuse to ever hype nor play any other GTA after VC, so I wont play 4,5,6,7 etc. And I refuse to play rip-offs of it like True Crime: Streets of LA, and The Getaway, since they are just lame attempts at a very successful franchise. I don't consider Mafia even close to a rip-off, so yeah I hope this rules (I never played it on PC). The only thing about Xbox & GTA, would be that I would hate to see Xbox disgraced with Vice City being developed for it. GTA3 is fine.

While your entitled to you opinion, how could you hate Vice so much it you liked GTA3? IMO vice is better. Way better.

While your entitled to you opinion, how could you hate Vice so much it you liked GTA3? IMO vice is better. Way better.
    I couldn't have said it any better.

Originally posted by Viper87227

Well, seeing as I'm a person who plays a game for difficulty, and/or story, Vice City sucked the big one. Story was very lame, and this has to be the easiest game I've ever played in my life. GTA3 had difficulty IMO, unlike a Vice City which took a little more than 3 hours to beat ALL the missions. I would never waste my time 100% a game, so in all I played Vice City for 4 hours, and in the end it was 4 hours to many. I still play GTA3, but thats it. Rockstar released the most overhyped game ever, and excecuted it so amazingly terribly, amazing how a commercial can make a game look so awesome, yet it can be so terrible. Several kids in my school were also very very dissapointed in Vice City most of whom went to EB and got $30 for it, and we all got a game we like better, in my case Zelda: The Wind Waker. Hell, I'd trade Vice City for Kabuki Warriors just to get Vice City far, far away from me.

Originally posted by LTM360

Hell, I'd trade Vice City for Kabuki Warriors just to get Vice City far, far away from me.
    You scare me...

Originally posted by Cryogenic Pyro

You scare me...
    Just what I was thinking. I'd love to see someone actually offer him kabuki warriors for vice city, coz you know he wouldnt actually do it. Im sure he'd give a lame excuse like "Vice city is not worth the $2 it takes to ship." Maybe I am wrong, but my guess is he just wants the attention or wants someone to argue with.

What I am saying?!?! I don't care either way. I am going back to my bat cave now....muhahahahaha

Thread Information