Thread: Nvidia confirms rumors

Arrow Nvidia confirms rumors

The Register

Internet gaming site Spong.com has claimed its recent story ATI will provide the chipset and graphics technology for the Xbox 2 has been confirmed by an unnamed "senior source close to Nvidia".
    According to Spong.com's source, "[Nvidia] didn't want to meet Microsoft's demands for the floating design of Xbox Next. It didn't make sense to partner on the project. At this moment in time, ATI is working with Microsoft."

Assuming the source knows what he or she is talking about, the comment suggests that Microsoft did offer the project to Nvidia. After the battle between the two companies over how much money Microsoft should pay Nvidia for the original Xbox graphics and chipset technology, it was widely supposed at the time of Spong.com's first ATI/Xbox 2 story that the software giant was simply ****ed off with Nvidia.
    But it's clear that sound business minds prevailed, and the longer-term benefits of working with an existing partner outweighed more momentary emotional considerations.
    Nvidia, however, doesn't seem to have been willing to be flexible, and now its arch-rival has the deal - if the source's comments are accurate.

Guess it wasn't a rumor after all

Default Re: Nvidia confirms rumors

Originally posted by Scorpion}{
    The Register

Banned

Member on the run

Default Re: Re: Nvidia confirms rumors

Originally posted by Xbox Owner

Yeah, I know, the register...who knows, they might actually be legit about this one.

THE REAL BOSS

Im all for ATI..

Love their Radeon 9800
    RIP David (DZNUTZ) 5/23/04

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

So now Microsoft is with ATI ?
    Back into the world of gaming.

nvidia sucks now anyways....there fx line of cards is a joke except for maybe there 5900 fx card which is said to be better then the 9800pro but other then that all there other cards get whooped by ati cards so i hope the next xbox will have ati inside but so will the next nintendo

THE REAL BOSS

Originally posted by VenoM
    nvidia sucks now anyways....there fx line of cards is a joke except for maybe there 5900 fx card which is said to be better then the 9800pro but other then that all there other cards get whooped by ati cards so i hope the next xbox will have ati inside but so will the next nintendo

ive seen the benchmarks of the 5900 fx ultra vs the 9800 pro both 256 meg and the radeon wins in a lot of the important categories, but the 5900 beats it over all.

Not by much if anything
    RIP David (DZNUTZ) 5/23/04

Well everyone has heard my comments on ATI and Nvidia, so I don't need to say anything. I will anyway though, this is awesome if The Register is right.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Thread Information