Thread: Want to use 5.1

Default Want to use 5.1

Ok, I've got a 5.1 amp with a full surround setup and I wanna hook my box through it. I've seen a scart cable with an optical jack in the cable sos I can connect with my amp, is this the best way to do this or is there a better method, cost isn't too important, I've laready got a very good system and I don't wanna spoil it with inferior components.

tia

it depends on what TV you have, but you at least need to get the Advanced AV pack, which has the optical output along with S-Video. Then you will need to also make a change in the system settings of the XBOX (ie Start it with no disc in) and make a change to the audio to Dolby Digital (Dolby Surround is pro-logic if I remember rightly).

Get the monster cables, they have much better optical and s-video/component cables.

I got a standard wide screen TV. It's good but getting on a bit now (only 2 scart ports and no other connections worth mentioning). sos's svideo is out of the question, I'll check out the monster cables tho, anybody got a URL?

Thread Information