Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R6 3 news

Starving College Student

Default R6 3 news

http://www.xbox.com/oxm/overtherainbow.htm
    They're also busy readying Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six™ 3, a squad-based first-person shooter that we got our hands on this week. This is good news in itself, as the game is already released for the PC and happens to be very good. What's great about it, though, is the fact that Ubi Soft is going above and beyond the call of duty by making the Xbox version the best one available.

Simply put, the playable version we received this week stunned us. The basic game plays similarly to Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, so you know that part is fun. However, the lighting engine from Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell has been imported, bettering the already impressive graphics. The interface, too, has been given a makeover, including the completely unexpected, but very much welcome, addition of Xbox Live Communicator headset support for the single-player game. That's right—you can now bark orders at your computer-controlled squadmates in the single-player game.
    SOCOM? what's SOCOM? did anyone else know this?!?! this is definitely becoming my most wanted live game...splinter cell in first person with ghost recon gameplay, live support, and voice commands in single player!!!! what more could you want?!
    Last edited by Koopa; 06-22-2003 at 10:57 PM.
    Official Turtle of XBA

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Open mouth, exit foam

Nice...I'll be picking this one up for sure. Just beware of the D.D.C.

Starving College Student

Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
    Open mouth, exit foam

Nice...I'll be picking this one up for sure. Just beware of the D.D.C.
    my reaction was more of a jaw-drop than a foam, but ya know same difference

i wonder if the ps2 version gets the same extras....id love to rub this in their SOCOM loving faces
    Official Turtle of XBA

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

I played this, and still dream about this dam game since E3....MUCH better than the PC version, plus it's on XBL...the only way that it could get much better if it was out right now

Starving College Student

ok i just checked out ubisoft..com, and they only have r6-3 listed for xbox!!

man i love ubi soft theyre the only 3rd party that really respects the xbox's hardware and uses it appropriately
    Official Turtle of XBA

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Correction Koopa, Ubi Soft respects and realises the potential of all hardware. Thusly it develops the best game it can for each console. Best game company out. Blows all the others away especially SEGA who'm people shower unwarranted respect upon.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

I agree, Hammy...but, you must admit, Ubi-soft and Microsoft are somewhat sleeping with eachother.

Starving College Student

Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
    I agree, Hammy...but, you must admit, Ubi-soft and Microsoft are somewhat sleeping with eachother.
    its no worse than what sony is doing to EA and rockstar....except the ms-ubi soft relationship produces some great games, while the sony relationships hinder the potential of the games..
    Official Turtle of XBA

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

I think I soiled myself, o wait, TheCovenant opened his mouth...

Originally posted by SPARTAN VI
    I think I soiled myself, o wait, TheCovenant opened his mouth...
    That was great. WOuld probably be even funnier if I knew TheCovenant in real life.

Max, I would be happy to know that those two companies are in cuhootz. With that level of quality, its a match made in heaven.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

That'd be amazing if Ubi-Soft and MS partnered up. I have been really impressed with the Tom Clancy games released so far on the Xbox, although Ghost Recon could have looked a LOT better...
    Hidden Content

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?" Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others" - Nelson Mandela

Wow... im in love with Ubi now...
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

I just found something, I have the media kit from Ubi (finally me and Merimac agree on something as they are the best developer out there, especially for the Xbox) and here's the fact sheet. I have 3 screenshots that I got also, but they're in .psd, and I don't have PS installed here.

Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six 3™

Product Description

Command an elite, multinational squad of special operatives against a hidden terrorist foe. In Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six 3, the third installment in the wildly popular Rainbow Six series, Team RAINBOW races against time to stop terror and unravel a mystery. In locations around the world, from London to the Cayman Islands to Rio de Janeiro, lead Team Rainbow in a desperate effort to battle a madman and foil his doomsday plot.

Key Features

• Immersive storyline with spectacular events that directly affect gameplay

• Squad-based action-oriented gameplay keeps the excitement flowing

• Movie quality cinematics immerse the player in the world of Team Rainbow

• Enhanced real-time order system and voice-activated commands

• Streamlined online multiplayer capability on Xbox Live

Product Specifications:
    Publisher: Ubi Soft Entertainment
    Developer: Ubi Soft Montreal Studios
    Ship Date: shipped March 2003 < PC version
    Category: 1st Person Tactical Shooter

Registered User dances with broom sticks's Avatar

WOW! this game is going to be amazing!! Now its looking like Island Thunder wont be getting as much gameplay as I had planned

This is for sure one of my most wanted games, it and for other FPS like GR:IT.
    Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

bust a nut

god, i hope we dont have to unlock powerful weapons on single player to use them online casue i just want to play live right away when it comes out. of course, i'll be playing single player too.

maxy, beware of the G-Unit

Originally posted by No Fear 23
    god, i hope we dont have to unlock powerful weapons on single player to use them online casue i just want to play live right away when it comes out. of course, i'll be playing single player too.

maxy, beware of the G-Unit
    Same here..

btw, no fear..why did you take me off ur friends list?

Ubi is just in it to develope the best game they can for whatever platform they were working for. If anyone has been reading the interviews we have been working so hard to get ahold of and on to the site, they'd know that UbiSoft thinks Xbox is easily the most powerful System and the easiest to develope for. They said this when making splinter cell, they said this when making ghost recon and now they are saying this working on the prince of persia.

Ubi is dedicated to bringing the best game possible to whatever console they are working on. I would almost go so far as to say that money is a little less of a concern to them than it is to most other companies... as Ubi actually seems to be in it for the satisfaction of making a uber-quality product.

Rainbow Six 3 is a must buy for me. I have to admit Ubi Soft has been very good at allowing top PC games to come to the Xbox.

Thanks
    The Entrepreneur Network Hidden Content

Played through a few levels on the PC version last night. Man I can't wait to play this on Xbox. Ever since the PC demo I have been hyped for it.

Thread Information