Thread: Bounty Hunter??

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Default Bounty Hunter??

What's your opinion about Mace Griffin: Bounty Hunter for those who have played it? I know there are reviews and such on here, but, let's talk about it. I'm pretty curious since I'm a die hard shooter fan.

3 people from work have only said good things... Im going to rent it soon I think...
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Cool...I'll have to give it a rent, too. I'm a sucker for FPSs

I watched a kid playing the demo at EB this weekend - it looked pretty fun. He did seem to have to shoot a LOT of bullets into people for them to go down, but I have no idea what difficulty it was set at...
    I'd ask someone to make me a sig, but I can't think of anything decent to put there...

Hidden Content

Renegade of funk

I have the game, and I love it. Let's set aside that Henry Rollins is the voice of Mace, and that the intro movie uses the Rollins song "Shine". That alone is worth the price of admission. For me, hell, look at me. Rollins is the man.

Well, anyway, the game rocks.
    Here's the quick lowdown:

Finally, a game where not everyone you encounter must get shot. During the course of a mission, you will encounter people that do not need to die. It's hard not to do, and sometimes you can't tell the innocents from the enemies, but you have to make the determination before you start wasting people. Who needs to die today? Hmmm.......

Enemies take more than one bullet to kill. Unless you're planting head shots, or encounter unarmored foes, It's going to take some time and planning to kill a guy. You just can't run around a corner and start blasting. Because:
    1. It takes more than one bullet to kill, and there's a lot of bad guys.
    2. Not everyone is a bad guy.
    3. The bad guys don't want to die either, so they will evade you and change plans or take cover if it looks like you have the favor.
    4. The can hear you walking around, shooting, and making noise. They can and will set up an ambush. You can hear them giving orders where you are, and you can hear them trying to find you.

It's definitely a smart game.

Flying is cool. I learned quickly how spastic space dog fighting can be. Things come from everywhich of direction in outerspace.
    Flying is alot of fun actually, for some reason, I love the docking sequences, following the glidescope in, which can be difficult if you are coming in from an odd angle. You can't tell sometimes if you're upside down in relation to the dock. I've been waved off many times.

The story is cool and engrossing. Then again, that might just be me liking the fact that Henry is actually talking in the game.

Graphics are good. Above average. Righ up there. Hmmm... Other FPS games? Well, better than Red Faction, but less than Halo. If Halo get's a 9.5 in my book, then Mace Griffin get's a 8.7. Maybe a 9. Hell, I'll give it a 15 just for including Henry.

In relation, my wife actually said that the intro story - intro movie was very good. We both loved how the story changes into several combat sequences during the movie, and it's all synched up "Shine" from the Rollins Band. Very nice touch. "Hero time starts right now! Yeah, It's Hero time......... It's time to shine!"

One final thought or two I love the blood in this game. I love how it splatters against the walls. Very real and very gory. I love how it spurts from bullet impacts.
    The last thing, I really wish there was a melee button. You carry a baton as a melee weapon, but you have to choose it out of you inventory.

Only played for 30 mins at work, but 2 things I REALLLLLY liked...

Your plain gun, the revolver, the secondary shot is like rapid fire...its looks so fuggin cool and it bursts rounds.

And with the shotgun, you can pump up to 3 extra shots into the gun, so when you fire, its like 3 rapid fire shotgun shots...

Like reclaimer said, theres LOTS of enemies, and they are pretty smart when they duck, roll, and ambush you...
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Renegade of funk

On this one particular level, I was trying to breach into a larger room. I encountered someone I was not expecting, but I got the first shot off. Well, it clipped him in the shoulder, and he returned fire. He had the bigger weapon, so I fell back to regroup and try again. I hear this voice on my surround sound. "I need some back up!" I peeked around the corner to see a squad of assaulters come into the room. As I was backing up, you can hear the sound of my boots on the metal floor. I heard this "I can hear him, He's over there, don't let him get away!" And now all three of those guys came running down into the corridor to me. I was like: "Holy $#%@!" I used a grenade from my rifle, they all rolled away the blast. They all took cover and proceeded to fire on me. I threw a stun grenade down range, switched to my sniper rifle, and picked off 2, while they where out. I was out of ammo in my rifle, so I switched to my auto-revolver, and ran up, and used the auto-fire mode to hose the last one.

I really dig this one. They make you work for it.

Originally posted by Reclaimer
    On this one particular level, I was trying to breach into a larger room. I encountered someone I was not expecting, but I got the first shot off. Well, it clipped him in the shoulder, and he returned fire. He had the bigger weapon, so I fell back to regroup and try again. I hear this voice on my surround sound. "I need some back up!" I peeked around the corner to see a squad of assaulters come into the room. As I was backing up, you can hear the sound of my boots on the metal floor. I heard this "I can hear him, He's over there, don't let him get away!" And now all three of those guys came running down into the corridor to me. I was like: "Holy $#%@!" I used a grenade from my rifle, they all rolled away the blast. They all took cover and proceeded to fire on me. I threw a stun grenade down range, switched to my sniper rifle, and picked off 2, while they where out. I was out of ammo in my rifle, so I switched to my auto-revolver, and ran up, and used the auto-fire mode to hose the last one.

I really dig this one. They make you work for it.
    What lvl was that? I sooooo wanna do that
    Game is GREAT so far...
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Renegade of funk

Originally posted by Variation

What lvl was that? I sooooo wanna do that
    Game is GREAT so far...
    The part where they look for you happens a few times.

The first part is in the first actual level where you are still a Ranger. Your first big firefight that comes up going into a cargo hold. You get outgunned right off the bat, by a guy who comes from the right side of the screen. If you look again, 3 more are coming from the first level on the left and they are trying to get to where you are. Everyone that see's you, calls out orders on where they think you are.

The second time I noticed happened in the Trouble in the Temple of Light. The second mission in the game, or actually your first when you get out of prision.
    After you dofight your way into the space ship, after you land and make it to the enforcer battalion fighting in the lobby. After you go up stairs in the lobby and fight along the upper walkway, you go through a L-shaped corridor. It turns to the right. Technically it's now upstairs and directly behind the lobby. It's a long corridor that has a control console in the middle. There's a Accolyte standing right there at the door. He calls for help and a squad runs up from the console. A second squad comes out from the second corridor on the right. (That leads to the other upper walkway on the otherside of the lobby.) A third team comes up from the very end of the hall at the T-intersection. You can only go to the left. When you get there, there's a guy that shoots at you, standing next to a guy that is not a hostile.

Man, this game is cool.
    Right now, I'm stopped on the 3rd mission on the mining colony. I landed, met my contacts, and I died in the first enemy contact after you walk for a little while down the mining tunnels. It was a set up, and I stumbled into an ambush with several waiting and well armed hostiles, barracaded in a low light area.
    Whoops, maybe next time.

Too Sixy

sounds great I will rent this one asap.

I must say, I havent heard any Rollins stuff, but that picture makes him look like some sort of weirdo, no offense. Maybe the music is good but he looks like a psyco. Its like hes saying, hey ladies look at my massive arm, im the man. Just before he lifts his arm and smells his own pit. Again no offense, apperances are not everything and they can be decieving.
    Hidden Content
    Hardware:XBOX, 1 Orig. 3 typeS controllers, DVD kit, XBOXLIVE

Games I own: Halo, Rallysport Challenge, Amped, Bond AOF, NHL2003, Ghost Recon, MechAssault, UC, DOA3, DOAXBV, CAPCOM VS SNK2EO, RTCW, Enter the Matrix, MOTOGP2, KOTOR, NFL FEVER 2004.

Riddle me This?

It's a great FPS that I will have to add to my collection.

Damn, Reclaimer and Variation...you guys rock. That's exactly what I was looking for... I haven't had a chance to rent this yet, but, I definately will make it a plan to do so very soon

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Heeya !! Sound great from everyone's words. Gonna rent it if i have a chance.
    Back into the world of gaming.

I won't write a review because; Reclaimer said it all. Very true what he said. Good job on that.

And, Rollins is tha man!
    Hidden Content

All the cool sigs were taken.

Thread Information