Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sony's answer to Halo....

Default Sony's answer to Halo....

Supposedly called "Kin" or "Kill Zone", this game has been lurking in the feeble minds video game addicts for quite some time, and honestly, even thought I'm not a PS2 gamer, this game is sounding pretty interesting......
    More details here http://www.psxnation.com/news/newsstory?idnumber=001368
    FUSA

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

lol...Never will a PS2 game ever hold a candle to Halo. Impossible. Not even a following XBox game compares to the greatness of Halo...how could the inferior PS2 even think it can!?

Pfff...PS2 = worst controller ever for shooters..even if they have a great game, it'll suck because of the controller.

Originally posted by Xbox Owner
    Pfff...PS2 = worst controller ever for shooters..even if they have a great game, it'll suck because of the controller.
    Same excuse ps2 lovers use against xbox :P
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Originally posted by Variation

Same excuse ps2 lovers use against xbox :P
    Its not an excuse when its the truth. The analog sticks on the PS2 controller are crap imo. Too short, not a natural or comfortable position for both thumbs to hold both analogs.

And I've never heard a ps2 lover say the Xbox controller was bad for fps. Or anything else for that matter... just that it was too big. Well, theres the controller S so...
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

The answer is forty-two frog11983's Avatar

I also absolutely hate the PS2 controllers... the only reason those analog nubs were put on was to compete with the N64 controller. Its so uncomfy...

For KIN or Kill Zone, what ever its going to be called. I highly doubt they are going to be able to push the PS2 to that level where they can have all of those features, they'll probably have to wait until PS3.
    The glove compartment isn't accurately named.

why does the media contantly compare things to Halo? "the next best thing to Halo!" "halo Killer" Macaroni and Halo!"

dont get me wrong, its a great game and i love it, but why the contant need to refer to and compare to an older, respectable title. i dont ever remember seeing ads/articles that were like "next big thing since Super Mario Bros 3." or "this game will blow Mario 3 out of the water!" i think the media just attaches Halo to them just to get people to look, which is sad.

Starving College Student

ya know, they called tribes: aerial assault a halo killer, too...and look where that got it:

nowhere

all anything-killers are never better than the original, unless its a sequel .
    Official Turtle of XBA

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Why does the company think it's a big deal that a game they are making is going to be like another game that was released over a year ago?

Also, if it's going to be "just like Halo," why are they releasing it around the same time as Halo2?

Originally posted by Flood-XBA
    Macaroni and Halo
    Im not quite sure what you meant by that... but shut up anyways I am a big fan of Halo, as most Xbox players are... but why are you trying to create a 'Halo Killer' when Halo is 1 1/2 years old now? Honestly if you try to make a game that is in direct competition with Halo people will realize this and say 'Oh, its just trying to be like Halo. We've already played games like that' and no matter how good the game is, it will be shot down.

Who cares. Fall 2004? If this game does manage to be better than Halo, Halo 2 would have already been out for a good 6 months and still it would be inferior. Whats the point of hyping this game.
    ----------------
    Xbox is green. LIVE is orange, and you will see both everywhere this season. GameCube and PS2 will be, appropriately: black, purple and blue.

I really don't like ps2 so one of the big reasons i didn't buy it was because of that. They have no quality, i doubt the buttons are pressure sensitive and i hate the triangle sqaure and 4 button triggers. I liked the dreamcast controllers and they reminded me of xbox's so that is another reason i got an xbox.

Originally posted by Trento52
    i doubt the buttons are pressure sensitive
    Actually they are :P
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Originally posted by Variation

Actually they are :P
    Yup - I am sort of ashamed to admit it, but as a music game fan, I own a PS2 game called "Mad Maestro" (you can find it on the discount rack at any local WalMart). Long story as to how I ended up with it, but I have it. In that game, you direct an orchestra, and one of the things it gauges is how hard you hit the button. The hints say that if you're having a hard time hitting soft or hard, you can try tapping it for a soft hit and pressing it like you're going to hold it down for a hard one - but that's not necessary. It really does sense how hard you're hitting the buttons - those are just ways you can help yourself to hit it the right amount.
    I'd ask someone to make me a sig, but I can't think of anything decent to put there...

Hidden Content

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Originally posted by Flood-XBA
    why does the media contantly compare things to Halo? "the next best thing to Halo!" "halo Killer" Macaroni and Halo!"

dont get me wrong, its a great game and i love it, but why the contant need to refer to and compare to an older, respectable title. i dont ever remember seeing ads/articles that were like "next big thing since Super Mario Bros 3." or "this game will blow Mario 3 out of the water!" i think the media just attaches Halo to them just to get people to look, which is sad.
    Dude...simple. It's because Halo is, bar none, the best and most successful XBox game to date. This is not only my opinion, but, hundred and thousands also agree. I will admit, the line got my attention...but, then that interest when into comical relief since PS2 isn't remotely capable of ever having a game on par or better than the greatness of Halo

Well I was trying to keep my post count at 500 for a while but I don't care anymore.

First of all, how could a game be better than the game it is immitating? They say it will be a Halo killer, but how could it be if it is just trying to be like Halo.

Anyhow, that website seems pretty cool. The writer was not a huge fanboy, he infat respected that the Xbox does have the best game. No comments about how it will indefinetly be better becuase it is on PS2 either. I respect that guy whoever he is.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Ever since Sony posted on a Tribes comercial "Halo killer" I have never taken them seriously.
    ----------------
    Xbox is green. LIVE is orange, and you will see both everywhere this season. GameCube and PS2 will be, appropriately: black, purple and blue.

Originally posted by Koopa
    ya know, they called tribes: aerial assault a halo killer, too...and look where that got it:

nowhere

all anything-killers are never better than the original, unless its a sequel .
    And Tribes: aerial assault(aka Tribes2 for ps2) was far better on the pc.

Hidden Content XBOX RULES!

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Yeah, now at least we have the proof guys, the real proof now. Halo is the most successful game in the history of gaming console. Sony try to follow his steps by making something that they think will outstanding it. Sorry Sony, we will have Halo 2 in the 2004, maybe you should try to find something new and stop making something like "Halo Killer Here, come to see".
    Back into the world of gaming.

No fps (outside of the new Perfect Dark) will be able to touch Halo.

Thread Information