Thread: College Baseball... why no video games?

The Trash Man

Sad College Baseball... why no video games?

After watching this years College World Series, I found myself asking the same question every time I watched a game... why isn't there a game available?

I mean there is a football and basketball game from two different companies every year, yet neither of them can manage to get a College Baseball game in the makings? I found the CWS much more entertaining than the MLB, and I wish they had a game where I could here the *ping* of the bat rather than the *crack*.

And the real fun part would be the companies securing licenses to the different bats, like the Eastons and Wilson bats. Both companies make top of the line bats. The new Easton Gen1X and the Wilson Scandium Series is also very good.

I just feel that college games show much more emotion than the Major Leaugue sports do... I can't keep my hands off of a college title once it hits the shelves... does anyone else feel the same way?
    *~The XBA Trash Man~*

**Taking The Trash Out**

2 words, no market.

I've seen college basketball on tv. I've seen college football on tv. I've never seen college baseball on tv.
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

Professional baseball is boring enough. College baseball... I can't even fathom that.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

this is a really simple question to answer. There are no collage baseball games coz know one would want them.

MAC has the right idea. Baseball is crappy. Why make two crappy games when you can get by with just one?

Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
    Professional baseball is boring enough. College baseball... I can't even fathom that.
    LOL, so true. Baseball is one of the sports I can't stand watching. Way to slow for my tastes.
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

xboxteen

Hmm i never though of a minor league baseball Game

Originally posted by Dre
    I've never seen college baseball on tv.
    I've actually seen several college baseball games on tv in the last few months. I haven't actually WATCHED them... but they were on.
    I'd ask someone to make me a sig, but I can't think of anything decent to put there...

Hidden Content

I'd actually get this, due to watching alot of college, but definitely more MLB. It's kind of like the women's softball - which should have a game too - as it's just as fast. But there's no market for them, unfortunately.

Well, you see... the final four in college basketball is the 2nd highest ranked sports event in America behind the super bowl.

College football is also watched a lot.

College baseball, adn college hockey are barely even televised. they are definitely not televised in Canada. Its hard enough trying to bare one whole MLB game on TV. So... if they did make a college baseball game... whatever company that made it would go bankrupt overnight.

Thread Information