Thread: Soul Calibur II US Additions

Default Soul Calibur II US Additions

June 24, 2003 - Publisher Namco's 3D fighter sequel Soul Calibur II has been available in Japan for some time and -- particularly for GameCube owners, the urge to import and play as Link (of Zelda fame) has been all too hard to resist. But those who are sticking it out for the August 26 US release (simultaneous for GCN, Xbox and PS2) are in for an extra treat as the American builds will come complete with some notable character additions.
    IGN learned today that classic Soul Blade/Calibur fighters Rock and Hwang will be unlockable playable characters in the US version of Soul Calibur II. Sources also confirm that Lizardman, a playable (but not selectable) fighter in the Japanese incarnation of the game, will be opened up for the title's US release.

Rock, often referred to as the "White Giant" in Soul Calibur storylines, is a lot like Astaroth -- big, slow and very powerful. He uses an axe in battle. Hwang, like Xianghua, is fast and nimble with a set of moves that are dance-like and very fluid. He uses a sword in battle.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/425/425...html?fromint=1

Hidden Content XBOX RULES!

This is sweet news! Soul Calibur II is going to be the ultimate fighting game come this summer. I don't see anyone topping this game in the fighting genre for a very long time.
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

Originally posted by Dre
    This is sweet news! Soul Calibur II is going to be the ultimate fighting game come this summer. I don't see anyone topping this game in the fighting genre for a very long time.
    Until it comes out on XBL - then that's a whole different ceiling they'll have to fit.

Yeah, also got a video over on our site for it - I'll try and find the link....

Right here

Enjoy...this game ownz all fighting games, hands down

Retired Giveaway Guru BigJosh359's Avatar

Originally posted by casper

Until it comes out on XBL - then that's a whole different ceiling they'll have to fit.

Yeah, also got a video over on our site for it - I'll try and find the link....

Right here

Enjoy...this game ownz all fighting games, hands down
    Yes, yes it does! I can't wait for it much longer! Might have to go tear up somemore TXB again when it comes out.

Originally posted by Josh-XBA

Yes, yes it does! I can't wait for it much longer! Might have to go tear up somemore TXB again when it comes out.
    Didn't Namco say it did not!?

Hidden Content XBOX RULES!

Originally posted by Knight

Didn't Namco say it did not!?

pretty sure he was talking about how "this game ownz all fighting games.. hands down"

Cuz ya, Namco said this wouldn't be on XBL
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

IGN learned today that classic Soul Blade/Calibur fighters Rock and Hwang will be unlockable playable characters in the US version of Soul Calibur II.
    Rock is in the game?!? He is the man! I could care less how big and slow he is, I always took him in Soul Blade every chance I got. Nice to see US version get additional features. BTW, is there any chance of say a tag team mode like in DOA with full 4 player support?
    Last edited by mrmp3; 06-25-2003 at 06:38 PM.
    Hidden Content

My-sig-is-too-big...My sig...is TOO BIG!

this game rules! i got to play an import of it a while back and i cant wait!

This game sor far looks like the best fighting game around it might even be better thta doa3

Retired Giveaway Guru BigJosh359's Avatar

Originally posted by Particleman
    This game sor far looks like the best fighting game around it might even be better thta doa3
    psht, it is definately be better than DOA 3

I think Soul Calibur 2 will be a must buy title for me, but I'm having trouble choosing which console to buy it on. I would like it on gamecube for link, and I would like the xbox version, for spawn, better controls and better graphics. Which console version will be better to get this August?
    Xbox Games I own:
    1.unreal championship 2.mechassault
    3.battle engine aquila 4.RTCW
    5.PGR 6.Oddworld 7.Brute Force
    8.Halo 9.Timesplitters 2 10.Max Payne
    11.Tony Hawk 3 12.Dead Or Alive 3
    13.Mortal Kombat DD 14.Robotech: Battlecry 15.sega gt 2002/jet set radio future. 16.SOF2 17.Burnout 2 18.Midtown Madness 3 19.KOTOR! (awesome game, got it at hastings.)
    GAMES I really want:
    Ninja Gaiden
    KOTOR
    Counterstrike
    Moto Gp 2
    Halo 2
    Half-Life 2
    Midnight Club 2
    Need For Speed Underground (for PS2)

Thread Information