Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: pirates of the caribbean.

The 'A' is for 'go bAlls' thrAsher's Avatar

Thumbs down Two slaves for five knippels!

I don't know about slaves, but you can trade 'knippels'. Hehehehe.

I bet w/ Disney involved, you aren't gonna see a whole lot of slave trading. But who knows, Disney was apparently very open to the developer's ideas.

And Bethesda is only publishing the title. Akella (?) is the Dev. team, I believe.

So, who knows. This thing could sneak up and really gain a following. It is only out for the Box and PC.

Hidden Content

@~~'~~DZ~~'~~@

oh ok

oh my freaking god!!!!!!!! why!!!!!!! they pushed it back again! ahhhhhhhhh!!! now its being released 7/7/03 it says so at gamestop.com

http://www.gamestop.com/comingsoon.a...imageFlag=show

EBGames shows it as having already shipped.

Plus my local EB said it would definitely be in the store today. Hopefully, GameStop just has some bad info.

rpgreligion also posted a link to an article saying the game had shipped here
    Last edited by SkoalMint; 07-01-2003 at 06:03 AM.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Thanks to AloneInTheDark for the Sig
    Hidden Content
    ESPN NFL VIP Team - Texans

IGN has it as shipped too. Honestly, Gamestop in my experience, has been the least reliable of almost all sources (only OXM is worse) for release/ship dates.
    RIP Dave

Originally posted by diranged
    oh my freaking god!!!!!!!! why!!!!!!! they pushed it back again! ahhhhhhhhh!!! now its being released 7/7/03 it says so at gamestop.com

http://www.gamestop.com/comingsoon.a...imageFlag=show
    My near by EB has it. I just called Gamestop and they should be getting it today.

Hidden Content XBOX RULES!

i just called my local eb and gamespot and they both dont have it! i also called gamequest and gamecrazy, no has it they all say to call back later or tomorrow.

I got it came in today.I have played it about 30 min. It looks good and plays great> I will be able to tell you more later.

I just got it, played it for about an hour. Some initial impressions:

Graphics: Good. Very good when at sea. Storms are beutiful.

Sound: Not too bad, music fits setting.

Gameplay: Melee combat seems alright, sea combat is hard, but you have alot to focus on such as boarding ship positioning, etc. Overall pretty good.

Seems to be a good cross b/n Pirates and Morrowind, which is what most people were expecting. I only have one complaint so far. The game is clunky. Buttons don't seem very responsive, and there is a fair amount of slowdown when you are on land.

I have to go back and play some more to get a better impression.

phew, i just got it also. i called again and eb just got them in. ill play for awhile and ill post my impressions

Angry

I want a f'ing battleship now. Sea battle are to dam hard.

Hidden Content XBOX RULES!

ahhh its hard being a pirate!!!!

so if i enjoyed morrowind alot, is this game worth getting?

I've been listening to a lot of initial impressions on this game, and a lot of people complain about choppiness, chugging, or slowdown -- not a minor hiccup, either, but pretty bad. Some people say it's due to the disc streaming data to the hard drive, and that it clears up after an hour of play -- and yet some others say it returns again for another hour, after you load a game save. Some say the slowdown is terrible, some say it's not even there. Your impressions?

Originally posted by Arven
    I've been listening to a lot of initial impressions on this game, and a lot of people complain about choppiness, chugging, or slowdown -- not a minor hiccup, either, but pretty bad. Some people say it's due to the disc streaming data to the hard drive, and that it clears up after an hour of play -- and yet some others say it returns again for another hour, after you load a game save. Some say the slowdown is terrible, some say it's not even there. Your impressions?
    The slowdowns did seem to go away (at least to the point where the game was playable). I'll have to play more to say for sure though.

the slowdown seemed to slow down the game is good if u like morrowind its worth a rent. the game is actually hard unlike other games where u beat in a matter of a day. this will keep me in my room for a long time. the graphics are amazing especially at sea(droling) ok the gameplay is like morrowind. the combat is much better than morrowind. so far the highlight of the game has been when a buddy ship and me were battiling it out wit two other pirate ships. when the smoke cleared it was me and my trusty buddy ship. i noticed that they lost alot of men and took some damage in the battle. so i decided i needed another ship so i moved along side the ship and i boarded it, poor *******s. i took their ship and sold it for a hefty amount of loot. so far i give it an 8/10

Is it true that the controls are inverted and you can't change it? That would cause me to skip it.

The best damn xboxer ever

Default Slowdown...

Don't u think this slowdown is something that can be fixed. You know, kind of like a bad bug that needs to be fixed and then relased again in a later release without it. Or do you guys think that maybe it would be impossible to fix this prob?
    Hidden Content GARY COLEMAN BLING BLINGIN.

Slowdown isn't that bad. The best part about it is i still havent got a "Dirty Disc Error". Dont let slowdown stop you from buying this game, its not like its a super fast paced game anyway.

THE REAL BOSS

i have it on the pc and its actually pretty good
    RIP David (DZNUTZ) 5/23/04

Thread Information