Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: pirates of the caribbean.

I love this game. However, I have not yet made it very "far."
    So far I have escaped a hurricane, braved some ravaging storm seas and boosed up a French captain to extract information from him.

Good times.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

ive never seen a hurricane yet i just been in bad storms, did u kill the french captain or did u let him go? i let him go and the town gaurds were always after me so i just restarted to last saved and killed him.

This game rocks, Im going to get it when I get payed.
    Sea battles are really fun, and boarding and commandeering other ships is real cool. I got a nice big Brig class ship, that I use for cargo holding.

Pirates of The Carribean sounds like a fun game, but what is the game about, and what exactly do you do in it? I would like to at least give it a rent, since I can't afford it.
    Xbox Games I own:
    1.unreal championship 2.mechassault
    3.battle engine aquila 4.RTCW
    5.PGR 6.Oddworld 7.Brute Force
    8.Halo 9.Timesplitters 2 10.Max Payne
    11.Tony Hawk 3 12.Dead Or Alive 3
    13.Mortal Kombat DD 14.Robotech: Battlecry 15.sega gt 2002/jet set radio future. 16.SOF2 17.Burnout 2 18.Midtown Madness 3 19.KOTOR! (awesome game, got it at hastings.)
    GAMES I really want:
    Ninja Gaiden
    KOTOR
    Counterstrike
    Moto Gp 2
    Halo 2
    Half-Life 2
    Midnight Club 2
    Need For Speed Underground (for PS2)

Originally posted by cheetahmanhood
    Pirates of The Carribean sounds like a fun game, but what is the game about, and what exactly do you do in it? I would like to at least give it a rent, since I can't afford it.
    i would really think about getting this one especially that your leaving to bolivia. this game will have you playing for hours. i would get this game and mm3 or sof 2 basicly your a pirate whos trying to find jobs and some loot. the storie is good and its a never ending game. the battles are good and the sailing is also really good.

What is your reputation at?
    Mine is at "Bloody Terror."
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

"Horror of the High Seas"

I just saw the black pearl this morning, i can wait to own it. Does anyone know how to beat santos' 3 job?

BTW I saw the movie last night is was pretty good.
    XBOX MSSC
    Hidden Content
    I'm back...for now...

As long as those damn constantly attacking rats and oversized bats from Morrowind don't make a second appearance in this game, then I'll be happy to give it a try.

Originally posted by aj142
    As long as those damn constantly attacking rats and oversized bats from Morrowind don't make a second appearance in this game, then I'll be happy to give it a try.
    you should give it a try then

Ugunnalose

what do u do when you see the black pearl? are u supposed to try to board it?

Masturbater

I just got PoTC (for the pc) and i'm pretty much confused as to whats going on. I did the basic starting stuff in Oxbay (sp?), I bought a spyglass, fixed the boat, and now my little tutorial guy tells me to buy some silk and sandals and head off to Redmon to sell it for a greater share. Great, so I'm thinking im about to start my own little trading buisness - I leave the port- Only to witness a cutscene of the dreaded French taking over. I forget about it, and after 10 tries, make it to Redmond, except for one thing, where the hell am I supposed to dock? I see no city on the island so I toured the entire body of land about 10 times before reloading my saved game when I was still in Oxbay. From there, I chilled and walked around trying to find something to do with myself. I can't find out what to do in my beginning stature, if some brave pirate on this forum is willing to help me out a bit...I would be much obliged.

-Saka

p.s. Oh yeah..What's up with the mammoth ships always picking on my tiny sailboat that could possibly fit in a bathtub??

Ugunnalose

when you get there you have to press y and you will have a thing that you can scroll over that says sail to. then you select port and you will be there then you select more and you will be on dryland and ready to sell your silk and sandal and tell the governor what happened.

Originally posted by SakapuntaS

p.s. Oh yeah..What's up with the mammoth ships always picking on my tiny sailboat that could possibly fit in a bathtub??
    Think of it this way, if you were a pirate with a fleet of ships, would you attack another huge fleet of ships or would you annihalate those lesser than you?

Masturbater

Well - If "i was a pirate" - I would attack places/people/things that I could loot, and benefit from. When the pirates attack my little boat, they are actually losing profit *ammo, men, boat repair*, because to tell you the truth, My little coalition I have going right now is worth squat.

well..just checked out the game for a minute or 2 and my first impression......the controls are horrid (pc version btw) terrible controls...i guess i have to map them to my liking...maybe i can enable the controller to work for it....

Originally posted by VenoM
    well..just checked out the game for a minute or 2 and my first impression......the controls are horrid (pc version btw) terrible controls...i guess i have to map them to my liking...maybe i can enable the controller to work for it....
    Yeah, the default control scheme isn't good on the PC. I remapped it right away. My first impressions were not good either, but I kept with it for another 5 minutes and grew to absolutely love and adore this game.

Ugunnalose

Yeah i hated it for the first little bit but than it hooked me.

is there a big difference in the pc version then the xbox version. besides the button scheme.

Thread Information