Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XBOX Monster Cables for composite input tv's!?

Default XBOX Monster Cables for composite input tv's!?

I want to purchase them i've been to their website...but it wont search correctly to find out what stores carry the cables in town. Does best buy or any of the other stores carry them?

kirkyg

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Great question...and I can tell you that I have not seen the cables at any retailers yet. But, you probably can contact the manufacturer...here's a few pictures of some of the cables that I have researched...this might come in handy

These are the Monster 300s...should do well...they also have Monster 400s out but I understand that they are really intended for Plasma TVs

Default Re: XBOX Monster Cables for composite input tv's!?

Originally posted by kirkyg
    I want to purchase them i've been to their website...but it wont search correctly to find out what stores carry the cables in town. Does best buy or any of the other stores carry them?

kirkyg
    I'm pretty sure there is a store locater on their website.

Member on the run

You can get them at Best Buy when they're in stock, I got the 200s, and they definetly upped the quality on the graphics! Well worth it!

That's great to hear, RudeDog...by the way, welcome to the forums I only have the Advanced A/V Pack and I definately notice a major difference compared to the stock RCAs. The colors are richer and smoother...man, I love this XBox!

i would be purchasing the 400's...it has the 5 cables (3 video, 2 audio)...wouldn't that be best for my sony wega? I do have the composite input setup and svideo also.

kirkyg

i would be purchasing the 400's...it has the 5 cables (3 video, 2 audio)...wouldn't that be best for my sony wega? I do have the composite input setup and svideo also.

kirkyg
    How large is your Wega?

its a 27'' sony wega i can get the model # for you later if you need it...

kirkyg

Member on the run

Yeah, I should have probably bought the 400s, but at the time I didn't realize that! I've got a 27" flat screen samsung, but the good thing about the 200s is that you can still add on those two extra cables for sound if you need too.

Oh and thanks for the welcome Maximus!

its a 27'' sony wega i can get the model # for you later if you need it...

kirkyg
    I was just curious becauser Hugh made a really good point about TV size...sometimes you might not see a huge difference in video quality if the TV is 27 inches or smaller. You will most likely get a crisper audio, however.

electronically why is this?

btw, i looked places to just order them online along with the powerstation 600 surge protector that i might get for my tv and consoles...i cannot find ANYWHERE that has the 400 gamelink xbox cable in. Amazon has them listed but when you go to click to add cart it says add to wish list...and says they'll email you when they get them??????

kirkyg

Frostberg

amazon had the 300 X in stock a few days ago...they just sell so fast demand cant meet supply

Member on the run

Default What is the difference?!?

I'm trying to figure out what the difference is (in quality) between the S-Video and Monster Cables, which one is supposed to be better?

Frostberg

well in actuality, if yout Tv isint that great then the difference prolly wont be a whole lot. Monster Cables are made for all types of inputs, and every one of those types will give you a better looking overall picture. Now the higer you go on the cable scale, you will get the best looking picture quality. However, you get what you pay for so monster cables are more expensive than the MS "packs".

Either way you look at it, higher end cables are vital for supreme gaming experiences...and definately worth every penny. The Advanced A/V S-video pack will suit me just fine until I get my HDTV...at that time I will pick up some Monster 300s or 400s...400s if I decide to go Plasma

I agree with Maximus. If you've got a receiver that supports Dolby Digital 5.1 the Advanced AV Pack is well worth the $20 regardless of what kind of TV you own.

I would use S-Video with your WEGA. It's a nice TV and you might as well get the most out of it and your XBOX. However, if you're tight on cash the standard composite video cable will suffice.

the composite ones are the good ones...they are the hdtv cables. I have the HDTV pack from microsoft with the 5 cables plugged to my tv it made no diffference and the sound seems to be worse??

i dunno it just didn't do anything so i want the monster cables now. So thats why im asking. Composite cables are better than s-video and the regular a/v connectors.

kirkyg
    Last edited by kirkyg; 12-13-2001 at 04:09 PM.

Frostberg

the type of video connection doesnt effect the sound, you should be getting the same sound from every connection unless you use optical sound. The 5 cables are 3 for Video, and the standard right and left sound so it isint going to sound any better...however it should sound worse...the only way to upgrade sound it to go optical... we talked about this at this thread...
    http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/sho...4800#post34800

i know it shouldn't but it does seem to be a little worse. Maybe my imagination but im SURE neither sound nor video is better.

just found out my mom chunked the box for the cable so i now i can't take it back and get my 19.99 back plus i ordered 60 dollar cables...crap!

kirkyg

Frostberg

sell it on half.com...at last check no one had any for sale and you should be pretty clost to getting all of your money back

Thread Information