Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GMR magazine

bust a nut

Angry GMR magazine

damn, im hatting this GMR magazine bc of the way the treat xbox. GMR is like gamespot to me. in the latest issue i got, they were rating the console for the best show at E3 and they choose sony, then gamecube, then xbox. i cant beleive it bc xbox pretty much dominated with its XBL games and best looking graphic games coming out.

they picked sony becasue of its high number of games available.
    i cant beleive they havnet mentioned that xbox is only 1 year old while sony had 1 year head start.

they also dont know that all the best games are going to xbox. games such as Halo 2, fable, BC, Half-life 2, raven sheild, Doom 3, etc.

damn, theres so many things in this stupid magazine that they dont know what they are talking about and i also dont like the way they are rating games.

neway, what do you think of that magazine?
    hey borka, they even rated mm3 7/10 while mc2 is 8/10. shouldnt mm3 be higher than that??

Are there any PS2 sites with forums....I sure dont know of any...I say we set an attack. We all register and then spam like weve never spammed before. I mean if there are PS2 forums. Not that PS2 completely sucks, but I thought itd be funny.

Oh sorry about not sticking to your convo its something that your thread made me think of. SOmehow.

I dont very much care for GMR myself.

I sure hope nobody thinks im serious and insults me about this...Cause if they did they wud be some really ghey flamers!

HAHAHA
    Last edited by BunnyRabbit; 06-30-2003 at 01:14 PM.

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

If i remember correctly, the launch issue has something to do with xbox. If they try to bashing Xbox, why they put the highly most voted sexiest girl in OXM at the front of the issue ? What i mean is Hitomi. In like they write around 60 percent talking only for Xbox, the rest go for news about Gamecube and PS2. Also, the recent issue have Ryu Hayabusha in the cover...
    Back into the world of gaming.

Default Re: GMR magazine

Originally posted by No Fear 23
    damn, im hatting this GMR magazine bc of the way the treat xbox. GMR is like gamespot to me. in the latest issue i got, they were rating the console for the best show at E3 and they choose sony, then gamecube, then xbox. i cant beleive it bc xbox pretty much dominated with its XBL games and best looking graphic games coming out.

they picked sony becasue of its high number of games available.
    i cant beleive they havnet mentioned that xbox is only 1 year old while sony had 1 year head start.

they also dont know that all the best games are going to xbox. games such as Halo 2, fable, BC, Half-life 2, raven sheild, Doom 3, etc.

damn, theres so many things in this stupid magazine that they dont know what they are talking about and i also dont like the way they are rating games.

neway, what do you think of that magazine?
    hey borka, they even rated mm3 7/10 while mc2 is 8/10. shouldnt mm3 be higher than that??
    lol, you know there is something wrong when they rate GC ahead of XBOX. lol, GC barely had any games at the show and was ranked the worst by ign, gamespot, and gamespy.

This mag can go and screw itself.

btw, don't take my word for it, go rent/buy MM3, go online with it and see for yourself. MM3 is the best live game yet, and I am sticking to my claim!

-borka105
    thanks to thrAsher-XBA for the sweet sig

Originally posted by BunnyRabbit

1. Are there any PS2 sites with forums....I sure dont know of any...

2. I say we set an attack. We all register and then spam like weve never spammed before.

3. I mean if there are PS2 forums.

4. Not that PS2 completely sucks, but I thought itd be funny.
    1. Duh. Yes. Of course, there are definitely PS2 sites with forums.

2. Ya, and after that, at recess, we can go kick the castles in their sandbox and steal their peanutbutter sandwiches.

3. See 1

4. No. I really don't see how that would be funny. Maybe thats because I'm not 12 anymore though.
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

I've been getting GMR since issue #2, I really like their 'Hands-on' and small little previews, but their reviews are not in enough detail, and I hate the 1,2,3,4,5 etc. review system. I think Game Informer has the best review system. I am still waiting for a magazine that gives the best reviews.
    BTW: I also saw Xbox getting last at E3, but is it just me, or is this the ONLY magazine not to give Gamecube last? And I think PS2 has a pretty ****ty line-up for a while.
    (GMR's top PS2 games)
    MGS3 - yeah, it will be good.
    FFX-2 - I dont support this idea at all, mainly since I hated Yuna, and Rikku in the first place, them getting thier own game is dumb.
    Gran Trurismo 4 - I dont like racing games, thats just my opinion.
    Onimusha 3 - yeah, the Onimusha series is ok, but not great.
    Castlevania - looks like Devil May Cry. But it will be good.

So IMO I dont see how on earth PS2 has been getting first against Ninja Gaiden, Doom 3, KOTOR, Halo 2, Half-Life 2, Conker: Live and Uncut, & Kemco.
    or
    F-Zero, Pikmin 2, 1080 Avalanche, Mario Kart: Double Dash!, MGS: The Twin Snakes, Viewtiful Joe, Resident Evil 4, Killer 7.
    Don't know about you all, but I think PS2 should be in last.

First Place: Playstation 2
    You can call us biased, but with 20 million-plus installed units worldwide (youd have to call the world biased too), PS2 draws the most high profile software. With such hard-hitting AAA titles as MGS3, Gran Turismo 4, Onimusha 3, and Castlevania in the PS2 lineup, its hard to argue. Sony's black box has the broadest and even the best selection of games, and thats what really counts, isnt it?

Second Place: GameCube
    Besides F-Zero, Pikmin 2, 1080 and Mario Kart, the first party games were lacking: Kirbys Air Ride, Star Fox, and Zelda failed to win our hears the way Super Smash Bros. and Metroid Prime once did. MEtal Gear Solid: TTS, Capcoms gorgeous Viewtiful Joe, Resident Evil 4, and Killer 7 certainly helped. The focus on GBA-GameCube connectivity didnt win to many new fans.

Third Place: Xbox
    Even an extended trailer for Halo 2 couldnt disguise the fact that Microsofts first party software is uninspired. Case in point: Voodoo Vince. Without Nintendos guiding hand, Rares Grabbed by the Ghoulies, Conker: Live and Uncut, and the action RPG Kameo made us roll our eyes so far back into our heads, it hurt. If not for Ninja Gaiden, the Doom 3 trailer, and KOTOR we'd be reaching for the prozac.

I dont know about you but the more I read this magazine the more biased they seem towards playstation 2. The only reason its worthwhile to me is the 10% off pre-owned games.

Here is their top five games of E3 by system:

GameCube:
    F-Zero GX
    Mario Cart Double Dash
    Metal Gear Solid TTS
    Pikmin 2
    Viewtiful joe

GBA:
    Boktai
    Fire Emblem
    Mario Advance 4
    Mario and Luigi
    Metroid: Zero Mission

PC:
    Deus Ex 2
    Doom 3
    Evil Genius
    Half-life 2
    Sims 2

PS2:
    Castlevania
    Final Fantasy x-2
    Gradius V
    Gran Turismo 4
    MGS 3: Snake Eater

Xbox:
    B.C.
    Crimson Skies: HHR
    Halo 2
    Ninja Gaiden
    True Fantasy Live Onlin

----------------------------------------------------------
    They are idiots
    Doom3
    HL 2
    FSW are all Xbox/PC

The Xbox has 3 games on the Pc top 5 so Doom 3, Deus Ex 2, HL 2, Halo2, Ninja Gaiden, TFLO, BC, Crimson Skies lose out to F-Zero GX
    Mario Cart Double Dash, Metal Gear Solid TTS, Pikmin 2, Viewtiful joe

Ok I'm an idiot
    There is a reason they started the statement with you can call us bias.
    Last edited by Bigwig; 06-28-2003 at 01:34 PM.
    Your sig image is too big. The entire sig can be no larger than 500x250 pixels. Please reduce it in size before you repost. Thanks, XBA Staff.

Bah, I barely signed up for the EB-GMR thing. We get discounts on preowned games and a year of GMR for $10. A sweet deal to me, but I don't like GMR's style. I prefer EGM anyday.

They definately went to a different E3 than I did.

The order that I would go with is:

PC
    Xbox (close second)
    PS2
    GC

PC definately had the most to show off and most promise. I think that alone surprised most people.

Out of the consoles, there was no doubt that Xbox had the best showing. You know there is something suspicious with GMR when they say "Sony's black box has the broadest and even the best selection of games, and thats what really counts, isnt it?" Funny how the Xbox has a high profile game coming out in nearly every genre. Fable, TFSO, B.C., Crimson Skies, PGR2, Prince of Persia, Doom III, Halo2, Counter Strike, Amped2, Rainbow Six 3, the unannounced Half-Life2, Ninja Gaiden, KOTOR, and a dozen other titles. Every one of those titles has potential and will clearly put the Xbox on top. They truly are another magazine trying to keep their friends at Sony happy.

Did sony even have a booth? I couldn't tell.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

i dont see the difference between this mag and EGM and there both owned by Ziff Davis

Did sony even have a booth? I couldn't tell
    Interesting you brought this up; I've seen plenty of E3:Xbox footage, but I haven't seen anything from PS, and I have searched to see how Sony represented themselves at E3, considering they "control the majority of the gaming console market". I think the mass media at E3 pointed most of thier camers at the Xbox booths, I just have not seen anything from Sony.
    FUSA

Yeah I just got mine in 2 days ago along with my OXM and frankly I couldn't stand reading either. First, GMR like everyone else has said has been extremely bias. I mean they even say GC had a weak first party line up (btw a lot of sites have said Mario Kart was a real stinker so iono wtf these guys are smokin, not to mention I didn't care too much for Pikmin 1 so Pikmin 2 won't interest me either) but they rated GC ahead of Xbox because of RE4, MGS: TTS, Killer 7 (btw what is this game? never heard of it), and Viewtiful Joe. First off, MGS: TTS is a remake. Though it's two games packaged into one, no way I'm paying $40-$50 for 2 games I've already beaten. New graphics + a couple new goodies doesn't warrant a purchase. Not to mention the RE series isn't that scary anymore which I think is necessary to be involved with the story. Now secondly (and more importantly), those 4 titles don't beat TFSO, KOTOR, Ninja Gaiden, Fable, B.C. , Coutner-Strike, Rainbow Six 3, NHL2k3, NHL-Hitz 03' (which btw I've heard both those games, as of right now, kick the s*it out of EA's NHL series in pretty much every category. It would be nice if the fans know this and make either Hitz or 2k3 the #1 hockey game in terms of sales), XII, Doom III, HL2, and of course Halo 2. Only Hitz, 2k3, and XII are coming out for GC and PS2 but none of those will feature online play for the GC or PS2. All the other titles are A) Xbox exclusives or B) Found only on PC or Xbox. The GC again this year will suck balls with non-stop lackluster titles. I do have to agree though with GMR concerning Rare. I am disappointed with Kameo and Grabbed by the Ghoulies both don't catch my eye. However, Conker's Live and Uncut with hopefully a solid framerate this time around and online play looks to be a winner.

As for OXM, all I kept hearing was stuff along the lines of 'even though it was my job, I kept coming back to the Xbox booth because it featured the best games out of any system at the show' and just constant bashing of other systems about stuff we already know like 'Xbox has a harddrive' or 'Only console system with Halo'. I know it's an Xbox only magazine but all I want to see is Xbox info not bashing of other systems (not to mention practically everyone has said PC stole the show). They just waste so much damn space with that ****. I've read a couple of my friend's PSM's and besides the fact the demo discs were worth playing unlike the OXM ones, the magazine gave great information on the PS2 titles features and it wasn't bashing other systems. Not to mention attempts to be funny in by writers in the OXM magazine are just so lame you wonder why you pay for it. I mean they pushed back the Kola Cell mission AGAIN and lucky me my subscription just ended so now I can't get it. Just out of curiousity, if you had to put OXM, PSM, Game Informer, EGM, and GMR in an order from best to worst. what order would u put them in? My order:

1) Game Informer
    2) EGM (even though that past couple years they've begun to suck)
    3) PSM
    4) OXM
    5) GMR

Sry for gettin off-topic.
    Last edited by mrmp3; 06-29-2003 at 02:16 PM.
    Hidden Content

My-sig-is-too-big...My sig...is TOO BIG!

Originally posted by Lynxfx-XBA
    They definately went to a different E3 than I did.

The order that I would go with is:

PC
    Xbox (close second)
    PS2
    GC

PC definately had the most to show off and most promise. I think that alone surprised most people.

Out of the consoles, there was no doubt that Xbox had the best showing. You know there is something suspicious with GMR when they say "Sony's black box has the broadest and even the best selection of games, and thats what really counts, isnt it?" Funny how the Xbox has a high profile game coming out in nearly every genre. Fable, TFSO, B.C., Crimson Skies, PGR2, Prince of Persia, Doom III, Halo2, Counter Strike, Amped2, Rainbow Six 3, the unannounced Half-Life2, Ninja Gaiden, KOTOR, and a dozen other titles. Every one of those titles has potential and will clearly put the Xbox on top. They truly are another magazine trying to keep their friends at Sony happy.

Did sony even have a booth? I couldn't tell.
    What games do you think will be a sleeper hit for the pc?

Hidden Content XBOX RULES!

Originally posted by mrmp3

As for OXM, all I kept hearing was stuff along the lines of 'even though it was my job, I kept coming back to the Xbox booth because it featured the best games out of any system at the show' and just constant bashing of other systems about stuff we already know like 'Xbox has a harddrive' or 'Only console system with Halo'. I know it's an Xbox only magazine but all I want to see is Xbox info not bashing of other systems (not to mention practically everyone has said PC stole the show). They just waste so much damn space with that ****. I've read a couple of my friend's PSM's and besides the fact the demo discs were worth playing unlike the OXM ones, the magazine gave great information on the PS2 titles features and it wasn't bashing other systems. Not to mention attempts to be funny in by writers in the OXM magazine are just so lame you wonder why you pay for it. I mean they pushed back the Kola Cell mission AGAIN and lucky me my subscription just ended so now I can't get it.
    There is the other XBox Magazine called XBN.

bust a nut

Originally posted by Knight

What games do you think will be a sleeper hit for the pc?
    Half-life 2 for sure

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

There are like three mags for Xbox i think: OXm, XBN and XBM.
    Back into the world of gaming.

Originally posted by Shadow20002
    There are like three mags for Xbox i think: OXm, XBN and XBM.
    XBM isn't a us magazine it's a UK one and they have two that I know of in the UK.

Originally posted by Absydian
    i dont see the difference between this mag and EGM and there both owned by Ziff Davis
    Not owned, published by Ziff Davis. Even though they're both published by Ziff Davis, doesn't mean the writers have the same opinions or news ( or access to exclusive info). GMR's new, and all they have right now are some bad opinions and no exclusives (from what I have).

Formerly Jerred B Dyslexic Chaos's Avatar

Default uhhhh

Originally posted by No Fear 23

Half-life 2 for sure
    No offense Man, but How the F*CK is HL 2 a SLEEPER hit? Thats what I call a BLOCKBUSTER hit!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and knight, why do u always insist on double posting all the time? You can right more than 1 line of text per post you know .

Originally posted by Dre
    2. Ya, and after that, at recess, we can go kick the castles in their sandbox and steal their peanutbutter sandwiches.
    ROTFL! That's hilarious. I'll get down behind them while you push them backwards, and we'll give them wedgies while they're down, too! I'm guessing that most people here own more than one console, but it sounds like more own a GC and Xbox than an Xbox and a PS2 (like me). I haven't really heard any big e3 news for PS2, either. I'd say that Xbox and GC both made a far better showing than PS2 this year.

I know I'm going to feel stupid when someone answers this, but what is GMR? I'm just thinking about the gaming magazines I'm familiar with, and that one's not ringing a bell.
    Last edited by runninutes; 06-30-2003 at 08:55 AM.
    I'd ask someone to make me a sig, but I can't think of anything decent to put there...

Hidden Content

Thread Information