Poll: What do u think of it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Linux mod

Default The Linux mod

have u read the thing on the software linux mod on the front page? that is soooooooooooo cool, i want it right now so much, that would be so sweet to download, burn it to a cd and use it, i am drooling, i hope the people do release it and i hope microsoft doesn't care, and people are like microsoft is losing money from this, it said that u can't play pirated games on it and its not like ur buying a new box just for it, i want it so much,

rvb sucks, i talked a wee bit about it, just referenced to it and they edited me out of it, i still love the show tho
    Blam!

n e one know where to get it now?
    Blam!

If you would be referring to the one thats allready out, xbox-scene.com may have some links. The new expliot isnt out yet. This should be interesting to see what happends, because this expliot (if infact real) would let you and me play on xbox live with a pirated or hacked game, allowing us to cheat. Also, this would not only let us pirate but run homebrew apps and emulaters. Trust me, there is no reason to call this stuipid...All you need is a cd burner and you could be playing N64 games on your xbox for free.
    But back to MS. A similar proposition was handed by the xbox-linux team a while ago, asking MS to sign thier bootloader compiled of all legal code and offered a small amount of money (trust me, no small in our terms) to sign it, no luck. Imagine buying 1,000 (usd) dollars worth of used xbox's, and running servers from them. Ms would be paying you to do it...ahh, im dreaming.

EDIT: and jeez, the xbox has one elite case, try and find a PC with a case like that w/ out overheating. :-D
    Last edited by afon; 06-29-2003 at 01:21 AM.

i really wanna try this new hack!
    Blam!

Im thinkin this may be closed........ Anyone second that?

whats closed? they take this topic out? that sux, y would they do that cuz we r just talken about an article xboxaddict but up themself
    Blam!

Originally posted by lotec16
    whats closed? they take this topic out? that sux, y would they do that cuz we r just talken about an article xboxaddict but up themself
    Yeah, but it seems to me like this may be going a little overboard. I mean ur talking about emulators and hacks and xbox-scene, all of these have something to do with modding and pirating. You may not be talking about all that, but trust me, your close.

not closed yet! i'd probly use my xbox more as a server and not to pirate games, maybe try to run seti or ud on it
    Blam!

Lynux as an OS would be cool, but cheating on XBL would be weak and I hope this never happens and MS zaps your Xbox Dead if anyone is cheating . Cheating is for the Weak!!

well i heard xbl can sense a mod chip so right now u really can't cheat with xbl, and for u to cheat i think everyone has to have the cheat enabled, at least for now
    Blam!

Originally posted by bretman1234

Yeah, but it seems to me like this may be going a little overboard. I mean ur talking about emulators and hacks and xbox-scene, all of these have something to do with modding and pirating.
    Actually, none of those have to do with pirating

And as of right now, you are NOT able to play games that are off your HDD, so don't be speculating that this will cause cheating on XBL

It would be cool if they could get Linux to run well enough to install and operate PC games.

My sister keeps bugging me because she can't play any of the new games that i can, so i would do this just to shut her up!

But that will never happen, back to looking on Ebay for crappy pc's with potential

i wonder y so many people think that its stupid, i think it would be awsome and i wanna know how to use it, n e one know where to download it from?
    Blam!

Registered User dances with broom sticks's Avatar

Pretty sure this violates forum rules. Personally I dont care if Linux comes out on xbox. Whoopiedoo, if I need to have linux so bad, I would have it on my PC. I bought XBOX to play XBOX, not LINUX.

It is illegal to modify your xbox, and this topic has already talked about pirating games, so I see a close coming soon

Originally posted by Scorpion}{
    as of right now, you are NOT able to play games that are off your HDD, so don't be speculating that this will cause cheating on XBL
    Your mixing up exploits, there are two:

Game save buffer overflow: This hack is a game save that has a file that acts like a real game save, and loads the app into memory and loads it. This can NOT load games, but can load everything else, there seems to be an issue with allready signed applications (retail)

New exploit: This expliot seems to be explioting the xbox dash, and with some luck may allow pirated games to load, but this is merely speculation..actually its speculation speculating that this exploit even exists

Dances with broom sticks: your an idiot, it doesnt just apply to linux. Imagine having an xbox TIVO, or emulation. The hacked xbox dash board allows you to load games on the fly, and if you want to exit there is a set of buttons you can press! (This is bios only though). If xboxaddict closes this thread, it will only proove more that ms controls this site with strings, puppet style.
    Last edited by afon; 06-29-2003 at 05:28 PM.

Originally posted by afon

Dances with broom sticks: your an idiot, it doesnt just apply to linux. Imagine having an xbox TIVO, or emulation. The hacked xbox dash board allows you to load games on the fly, and if you want to exit there is a set of buttons you can press! (This is bios only though). If xboxaddict closes this thread, it will only proove more that ms controls this site with strings, puppet style.
    Actually, the thread is called "The Linux mod " and is about LINUX..... so, yes, this thread does apply to linux. I dont think you have any right to call me an idiot. I was posing my opinion and i stated that, so I pretty sure I can talk about just linux if I want to. You seem quite the arrogent fool, who is willing to bend morals to save a few bucks on some extras. Why dont you go out and buy a TIVO, or whatever system your emulating, so that the people that worked hard on it get what the deserve?

How would you like if someone started being able to make free happy meals, and you no longer got paid for making the burgers you make (Im assuming you dont have a job much better then fast food clerk).

You have no right to call me a fool, you idiot.
    its all good, no hate ment.
    How do i twist morals, most of the things you state morally wrong should be acceptable by law, the DMCA is evil..they are taking your rights.

btw, the happy meal thing was ignorant to say the least. If people were giving out free happy meals, i guess the public would actually get what god gave them as free things. Your a very capitol person. Youd make a good forigen nike factory boss. You could watch those kids work for a penny and get harrased, but be blinded by the money. Go fight against your own political party.

This will be the only warning. There will be no more personal attacks of any kind towards another member of any kind. This whole thread is borderline, so don't do something stupid like calling someone an idiot and getting it closed. I will also add, keep the posts on topic about linux and the proposed linux mod exploit as was posted on the front page. Do not go into how to currently mod the Xbox as that will be cause to have this closed and/or deleted. We don't want to stir up any trouble.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

Originally posted by afon
    btw, the happy meal thing was ignorant to say the least. If people were giving out free happy meals, i guess the public would actually get what god gave them as free things. Your a very capitol person. Youd make a good forigen nike factory boss. You could watch those kids work for a penny and get harrased, but be blinded by the money. Go fight against your own political party.
    I was only kiddin around, Plus im only recently 18, so I dont consider myself to have a political party, as I didnt vote, and dont really agree with any of the parties. Plus I was a manager at a BK, so the fast food crack was just some harmless fun. Now that you say that though, the food thing was a bad example sorta.

But u gotta admit, if someone works hard to make sumthing, they deserve some credit and not to be completely ripped off ( of course im a complete hipocrete(sp?) when it comes to this

Thread Information