Thread: Playing PC games with an Xbox controller

Default Playing PC games with an Xbox controller

I was watching somethin on G4 at my friends house about how u can play PC games with an xbox controller. Inside the xbox controller wires are the same wires that a USB uses, so u cut off the end of the xbox controler and the end of the USB and attach them together. I dunno it sounds confusing im gonna try to search for more info. So basically you could play Vice City on the computer with an xbox controller. It sounds pretty sweet to me since i have an xtra xbox controller just doin nothin. Sorry if this is old news.

You can get these "converters" from ebay. Xbox-->ps2, ps2-->xbox, xbox/ps2-->pc, etc.
    FUSA

seems like ud need some kinda software or driver to run it
    Blam!

On xp there is like a program where you can configure a controller that is in the computer. I guess you could use that.

That sounds great, I have about 2 controllers laying around doing nothing, so I may try this.

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Originally posted by fuse2k3
    That sounds great, I have about 2 controllers laying around doing nothing, so I may try this.
    Why you buy soo much controllers huh ? One is enough for me..or maybe two.
    Back into the world of gaming.

i use my xbox controller on my pc,i love it since i love the xbox controller.....all ya need is a cable that converts your controller into a usb compatible device ..heres where i ordered mine http://www.play-asia.com/paos-13-20ad6000.html this place is from hong kong btw...it took about 2 weeks to get the cable but well worth it and not a bad price....once ya have it heres the xp drivers for it http://www.codeunderground.com/cucode.html ...been playing the hulk pc version with it and its perfect...even has rumble feedback support

Actually Nyko is coming out with an AirFLO controller for the pc that a few of us staff members who went to e3 got. I've been playing mechwarrior 3 with it for kicks and it is a lot of fun.

Here is a detailed 'how to' mod your xbox controller to work on the pc at modasylum.com. Good luck!

I also got one of the airflow's from nYKo for the PC and I like it quite a bit. I use it for the planes now in BF1942.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

Nice, this may be fun for some games.

THE REAL BOSS

It works well for some games but on others it doesn't work at all.

The vibration feature still works also

Otherwise the controller works great for the pc and the response is great.
    RIP David (DZNUTZ) 5/23/04

Here are another few options:

http://www.extreme-mods.com/products/pc-magicbox.htm
    That one allows you to use PS2, Dreamcast, or Saturn (yes, seriously) controllers on a PC.

http://www.extreme-mods.com/products...controller.htm
    I like the idea of this one a lot - as you might guess from the address, it's an Xbox controller that works with either PC or Xbox. It includes connectors for both, as well as a driver disk.

If you do a search for xbox joybox on the web, you'll find a bunch more sites that offer cool products like these. I'm searching for a way to use an Xbox controller on my PS2 - I just started playing Deus Ex. If someone finds one of those (preferably something that doesn't require me to mod my controllers) before I do, could you please post a link here or PM me?
    I'd ask someone to make me a sig, but I can't think of anything decent to put there...

Hidden Content

Thread Information