Thread: Star Wars:Obi-Wan Much Maligned But Actually Great

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Jedi Master Shamshoon selowitch's Avatar

Thumbs up Star Wars:Obi-Wan Much Maligned But Actually Great

The critics didn’t have much nice to say about this game, but frankly I love it. The control scheme is fantastic, the voice acting better than average, and the gameplay is just plain fun. I love how when one Jedi defeats another (at least during the single-player training mini-games) he gets back up and compliments his vanquisher—truly Jedi-esque.

I especially enjoy the massive Jedi-on-Jedi brawl that ensues at the end (though how they explain it plotwise I have no —I mean, who needs Darth Vader to hunt down the Jedi if they&#8217l going to just kill eachother at that point in the history of the Galaxy?

I’d really like to see LucasArts take the feel and playability of Obi-Wan to another level. It would be amazing to have a really rich, 3-D lighsaber combat system that incorporates a full range of thrusts, cuts, parries, and other flourishes of swordplay, with Force powers, too, of course. I’d like to replay the great battles of the movies, like Vader vs. Kenobi, Dooku vs. Yoda, Luke vs. Vader, and so on. Or maybe try something else just for fun, like Qui-Gon Jinn taking on Obi-Wan in a non-lethal bout, perhaps with lightsabers on stun. Or maybe we could find out how long a Jedi could last against Darth Sidious! The possibilities are endless.
    Last edited by selowitch; 06-30-2003 at 02:59 PM.

Thread Information