Thread: Is Mace Griffin a Great game?

Riddle me This?

Question Is Mace Griffin a Great game?

How Great is this game because I am thinking about getting it I love FPS and I would like some opinions on it from people who has it.

This has been discussed. Probably in the 3d/shooters forum.

I'd give you a link, but I'm laazy.

Welcome to XBA, this is not really supposed to be a game related forum, although it does turn out that way sometimes. Just letting ya know for future reference when looking for something.

BTW, I hated the demo, but a few members have/are enjoying the game.
    RIP Dave

Thumbs down

I played the DEMO too and hated it. Controle-enemy AI-graphics. and more.
    Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

I can't quite recall where I saw the other thread on this, but it is being discussed. I think its a great game, not anywhere near halo, and an inexcusable lacking of multiplayer, but its good.
    Dr. Tran's Giving Away the Hot D*ckings!

Too Sixy

Rented it, I didnt think it was good. View seemed wrong and space really wasnt that good.
    Hidden Content
    Hardware:XBOX, 1 Orig. 3 typeS controllers, DVD kit, XBOXLIVE

Games I own: Halo, Rallysport Challenge, Amped, Bond AOF, NHL2003, Ghost Recon, MechAssault, UC, DOA3, DOAXBV, CAPCOM VS SNK2EO, RTCW, Enter the Matrix, MOTOGP2, KOTOR, NFL FEVER 2004.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

I think that any game that has "Mars" on it, tends to be a lame game...though, I haven't played it yet.

Go to the 3-d shooters/fp fourm. I have a review there. I think others have reviewed it too. I liked it. The gameplay was fun and the missions challenging. The only thing is it is to short, I would rent it (which I did).
    Spellfire

Welcome Riddler, Your thread is now in the right place.

I played the demo, and i gotta admit i wasn't bowled over with the "I GOTTA HAVE IT" instinct.

But I usually don't let demos dictate the apeal of a game, sometimes you need to play a game from the begining in the sequence it was intended. Demos, at times start off inthe middle of the "Story" and it doesn't do it justice overall.:wink:

I really liked the demo. I was gunna pick this up yesturday but got MM3 instead. I will get this for sure though.

I think a lot of ways mace looks like Halo and at times better, the weapons and special effects are top notch and plenty of bump maps for the graphics whore. What do you except from an FPS Shakespeare?
    Last edited by FuNkY mOnK; 07-05-2003 at 05:52 AM.

Originally posted by FuNkY mOnK
    I think a lot of ways mace looks like Halo and at times better, the weapons and special effects are top notch and plenty of bump maps for the graphics whore. What do you except from an FPS Shakespeare?

I agree here. I personally thought it had a very Haloesque feel to it. And as Was stated in the above quote, at times looks better. I personally like the weapons better in, Mace. ( But yes dangitt, Halo still owns it, lol)

I think what's killing the game is there is no M-player.

I personally don't care about this element, but I know most do. I can't understand why they didn't add this element to a game that's this quality.

I give it a 8.5/10 Great graphics, great weapons, cool as hell voice acting, great sounds, reasonable story, gameplay? It's a quality FPS.

This game has earned a spot in my "collection"
    Hidden Content

All the cool sigs were taken.

Renegade of funk

You can refer to the other Mace Griffin thread by Maximus in the 3rd person shooter forum for what I said about this game. It is quite informative.

Here, I'll give you the short version.

I absolutely love this game.
    Sure, no multiplayer, but I don't care. Got Halo for that. But it does everything right for me, and that's all I care about.

There you go.

Thread Information