Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Im sending back Pirates

When i found out that after you beat it you can't save the game i took the game back. Even after the game lost my save i tried to stick with it. Small things did it in for me:

You cant loot bodies. They die and disappear.

The weather only changes after you load another area. Unlike morrowind where you can look up and see the stars, moon, weather changing etc. Plus they only have a few shots of the sky.

I lost 15 hours of gameplay when i got a bad save file

The wilderness area's are narrow and linear. "Exploring" is no more than taking a path from point A to point B with intersections along the way leading to dungeons.

The game freezes more than Morrowind. A LOT more.

Like i said once you beat it that's it. Make sure you keep the save before you beat the game.

Apparently, the only life in the sea in the 17th century is one really bad looking species of shark.

The main story seems rushed and you never feel like you can take a break and do some smuggling, trading. It's also boring too.

Can't change clothes.

Oh well, i got a free movie ticket out of the deal.

I returned PotC today, after playing for about six hours. I experienced slowdowns and glitches like I'd never seen before, and then a series of crashes that forced me to reset my Xbox and start over (and over, and over) -- four crashes in two hours.

I'm not a perfectionist, but I expect (no, require) better performance than that from my Xbox games. I bought an Xbox because I don't want to deal with PC-like glitches, stutters, freezes, crashes, and bugs. This game is filled with them.

I'd strongly recommend a rental first, to see how it performs on your system. YMMV, I have a launch-date Xbox.

It's too bad, because I can tell there's a good game underneath all that mess, which I won't be able to enjoy. Good thing KOTOR is right around the corner, or I'd be real disappointed.
    Last edited by Arven; 07-09-2003 at 02:39 PM.

First dude to buy KOTOR

I love this game. only a few complaints 1) The white screen of death (play it and see what I mean) 2) occasional load freeze 3) occasional lag 4) collision problems when sword is drawn. Otherwise, I love it. Also, for those going "bankrupt" from battles, avoid them at first, put your ability point in "Trustworthy Lad" and do contraband, if you have enough room on your ship, a load of ebony to Oxbay or Redmond can bring in 100,000+ gold. Also, the controls are easy to learn, unless you lack a brain that can adapt to something. Also this is NOT MORROWIND WITH BOATS. Jeez, it is not morrowind, it was not developed by Bethesda. P.S. Lower your expectations a bit and you might enjoy it. Give it a try.
    Page 27: Good traders list, traded with: Brevity
    [Force Choke] You will show me the proper respect!

Sit down and Shut up!!!!! CharlieHustle's Avatar

Well hell, if i take your advice, then i might as well get nfl fever, or kabuki warroirs also. hell even throw in nba live 2002 with that also. All i am sayin is that this game isnt what its was cracked up to be. There is too many problems for me to keep givin this game a try, also what really ****es me off is that this game doesnt have an autosave. You how many times i die and i have to start all over, and i mean all over too. Basically i just expected much better coming from anything from the house of bedestha even if they didnt develop this game they should have higher standards.

Sounds like Charlie just doesn't know how to play games properly.
    :P
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

First dude to buy KOTOR

Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
    Sounds like Charlie just doesn't know how to play games properly.
    :P
    Amen. God gave you memory, think you would remember to save once and awhile. Besides, good gamers don't die.
    Page 27: Good traders list, traded with: Brevity
    [Force Choke] You will show me the proper respect!

Sit down and Shut up!!!!! CharlieHustle's Avatar

well, not really, i was just used to playin splinter cell and brute force lately and they have this feature called autosave. its very innovative, they save during random completion spots in the game. Also if im right MW had this same feature where if you do save, you can use this autosave slot, and not overwrite your other saves. also pirates just didnt appeal to me, and to think of it, i got this game the day it was released. anyways, kotor is here now, so pirates is in the store now.

Thread Information