Thread: online gaming?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question online gaming?

hello im wondering if the games that come out later next year will be ONLY for playing online or if online is an option.
    i know that i will not be able to just hook up...
    anyone else have that problem??
    thanks!! !!
    XBOXERS,XBOXERS,XBOXERS
    ps2? gamecube?
    please...dont make me laugh...:~-()

XBOX IS THE BEST!
    XBOX IS THE STRONGEST!
    XBOX IS THE FUTURE!!

XXXX
    BBBB
    OOO
    XXXX
    XBOX XBOX XBOX XBOX XBOX XBOX

MaNdI

All will have the option for 'offline' play.
    Hidden Content

What the world, needs now, is love, sweet love!

Originally posted by Jason-XBA
    All will have the option for 'offline' play.
    Are you sure about that? I thought we were getting some MMORPGs. I wouldn't expect a single player experience from those games.

Pretty sure none are scheduled for next year...although I admit I haven't really looked into it.
    Hidden Content

I also do not know of one that is actually scheduled. I am definitly excited about the star wars MMORPG (hopefully I can get a broadband connection by then...)

I thought the Lord of the Rings XBOX exclusive was going to be a MMORPG.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Admittingly, I am a novice about this subject...but, what does MMORPG stand for and what does it mean?

In regards to on-line play, isn't Unreal Championship going to be on-line?

Massively
    Multiplayer
    Role
    Playing
    Game

Frostberg

Popular MMORPG games are Ultima Online (losing it), Anarchy Online (theres a technical problem!), EverQuest (ok but repetive after awhile), Asherons Call (losing it as well) and the most popular one right now, Dark Age of Camelot...future MMORPGs include world or warcract and shadowbane...ohh yeah I love MMORPHS...but I dont know If I want to play one on the XBox...mainly because I just think you need all the buttons of akeyboard, especially the fact that a strong point is being able to talk to other players...

Check out the communicator Frostberg.
    Hidden Content

Craziest Mofo in the XBA Crazy Joe's Avatar

that's why they made the headset, voice communication = way better than typing, other than talking they could make do with the XBOX controls i'm sure

Frostberg

I looked into it and I thought someone would suggest it...it just wouldnt work it couldnt work, Sooo many people play these types of games, when I played Uo there were more than 300,000 users...now the shard (server) I played on only had about 2000-3000 people on it, and at areas of gathering like banks...you would have up to 100 people selling and buying things and just talking, asking for people to hunt with etc...at peak times your whole screen was filled with text, and it was impossible to read it all..in case you never played UO, people would say like...
    "SELLING RARE ____ BUY IT CHEAP, LOOK AT PROFILE"
    and they would just spam it over and over again...now I dont know about most people, but I can only listen to 2 people at a time at the max...and I would prolly still get confused...so you can only really listen to 1 person at a time...You cant just use the voice thing because if you were in a main town r whatever you dont want to hear 100 people talking...it wouldnt work...the only thing the voice headset could be good for is team games, such as halo CTF or other games where you just talk to achieve a goal...in a MMORPG I dont want to walk by and hear someone saying "want to buy this?" all the time and "want to trade" and stuff...Just think about it in MMORPGS...it WONT work! and even if it was introduced for some MMORPG(hehe it wont) then how would it be used? you would say target a player and say hit the white button to talk and depress it to listen? I just dont think there is any way it could work for a MMORPG...if it did work, these games have been around for a long time and no one has used em. Clans and Guilds (teams) and such might be able to use this for easy communication with your teammates during a battle or something, but again its much easier to type and think of all the bandwith it would hog. IT CANT WORK! arg...anyone else play the games I mentioned?? Let me just say this again, the voice headset thing is great, but only for dedicated games with teams...nothing more.

Thread Information