Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, what's a hot title to buy nowadays?

Default So, what's a hot title to buy nowadays?

Rented Brute Force and The Hulk, beat them both within the 5 days of rental. Was wondering if any current (particularly new) games are worth buying (or trying out/renting)? Thanks

-Bri
    And that's all I have to say about that.

pirates of the caribbean is a good one to buy.
    sof 2 is also a really good game. i have both and i play them all the time sof 2 is not an easy fps its pretty hard.

Default Re: So, what's a hot title to buy nowadays?

Originally posted by Brian
    Rented Brute Force and The Hulk, beat them both within the 5 days of rental. Was wondering if any current (particularly new) games are worth buying (or trying out/renting)? Thanks

-Bri
    Wait for Star Wars:KOTOR its going to come out soon. Should last you awhile too.
    ~Ninja's aren't supposed to be caught from behind, idiot~

Hidden Content

~What if i were to kill the one you love most? How far would you stray from what you just said? I can make you feel true pain~

Hidden Content

Default castle

im playing return to castle wolfenstien that my bud is letting me borrow. i saw it for 38 at walmart last night

RTCW is the shiz! Buy it now or miss out on the best multiplayer experience ever!

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Yeah, KOTOR will be something to keep you burning the Xbox no stop this summer !!
    Back into the world of gaming.

Eh, I've been playing the heck out of; Soldiers Of Fortune II: Double Helix, Mace Griffin: Bounty Hunter and, Return To Castle Wolfenstein: Tides Of War.

I gotta say. I don't know about the rest of the folks who have been playing Soldiers Of Fortune II and Mace Griffin, but personally I am finding these games rather challenging. Mace especially.

Soldiers Of Fortune II was one that had to really grow on me. It didn't take but a couple days. I can't put it down now. I just started the Jungles Of Columbia, LOVIN it!

Graphically it's not even in the same ballpark with, Mace Griffin. Mace is quite stunning I think. As far as over-all gameplay, it's more of a rival. I'm all about jungle missions, heh.
    Hidden Content

All the cool sigs were taken.

Just stay on your grind DocHoliday78's Avatar

Mace and SOF 2 are both pretty garbage games imo. RTCW is a much more solid game and has great replay value. If your into sports i would suggest Street 2

Originally posted by DocHoliday78
    Mace and SOF 2 are both pretty garbage games imo. RTCW is a much more solid game and has great replay value. If your into sports i would suggest Street 2
    Doc, you're entitled to your opinion. I respect that. However, I am curious as to why you think those two games are garbage.

Just curious.

Mace is a very quality game. Sure it lacks M-Player, but we have Halo and Ghost Recon for that. I just don't understand how, Mace griffin could be considered garbage when it is one of the better games I have seen this year.

Again, I am respecting your opinion, I'm just curious as to why.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Splinter-Seal; 07-06-2003 at 06:23 PM.
    Hidden Content

All the cool sigs were taken.

Jedi Master Shamshoon selowitch's Avatar

Thumbs up My .02¢

Here's what I want during the next several months:

NBA Street Vol. 2
    Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (7/15)***
    Tennis Masters Series (7/15)

Star Trek: Shattered Universe (8/1)
    Dino Crisis 3 (8/5)
    Soul Calibur II (8/26)***

Dead or Alive Online (9/1)
    Gladius (9/15)
    Armada 2: Star Command (9/15)***
    True Crime: Streets of L.A. (9/16)
    Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (9/22)

Deus Ex 2: Invisible War (10/1)
    Wrath Unleashed (10/1)
    Pitfall Harry (10/8)
    Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2 (10/14)
    ESPN (formerly Sega 2K4) Basketball (10/21)
    Prince of Persia: Sands of Time (10/25)

NBA Jam 2004 (11/3)
    Star Wars: Jedi Knight III: Jedi Academy (11/5)***

Sudeki (12/1)

=========

I've been playing the demo of NBA Street Vol 2 a lot, and it is fabulous!!! :-) My favorite team consists of Isiah Thomas, Earvin "Magic" Johnson, and Bill Walton. My defense, at least against the computer, is pretty hard to penetrate with those three, and I can pretty much get first- and second- level gamebreakers at will. Of course, I'd face a much better challenge from a good human player (I live in a rural area and don't have many friends who like videogames).
    Last edited by selowitch; 07-07-2003 at 01:15 AM.

How bout Midtown Madness III or Midnight Club 2 or MotoGP 2? I've played them all and love them too bad I dont have $100 to get MC2 and MM3.

I highly recommend Return To Castle Wolfenstein! I have the pc version and thought that the xbox version would be ok until I actually played it, online! It kicks ass online. I haven't had that much fun playing on XBL since, well...... ever!

I agree with Wynnfire....RTCW is an awesome game online. I had it for the PC also but I decided to give it a try on Xbox...I'm really glad I did. This displaces Ghost Recon as my former favorite Live game. I also recommend MC2, it's a great game even if you don't have all the cars...I suppose..hehe It's a blast online too.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Personally, I think RTCW is garbage. I know, let the flames begin...but, I just can't get into it. The game is so damn limited that it's not even funny. It's the same tired missions over and over again...same objectives, etc. For multi-player, I think it's horrible.

It doesn't even come close to Halo or GR.

I'm really considering picking up MotoGP 2 pretty soon. I've played the full version of it (as opposed to only the demo) and it's a solid game. If you see me on XBL...just beware as I am a representative of The D.D.C.

Get Pirates of the Caribbean. It may not have multiplayer but that makes a lick of difference. The game is pure soul, absolutely amazing from what I have played thus far.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

I am planning on getting Midtown Madness 3; the ESPN collection whenever it comes out; and Unreal 2 in December (EBGames has it listed for preorder in December). I love UC so much (I am on the Skilled level right now, but about to finish it soon), so Unreal 2 is a no brainer for me.

However, I have over 30 XBOX games on my wish list. Most of them have been released in the last year or so. Gotham Racing is one game that I am planning on getting soon.

Originally posted by jabrre
    I am planning on getting Midtown Madness 3; the ESPN collection whenever it comes out; and Unreal 2 in December (EBGames has it listed for preorder in December). I love UC so much (I am on the Skilled level right now, but about to finish it soon), so Unreal 2 is a no brainer for me.

However, I have over 30 XBOX games on my wish list. Most of them have been released in the last year or so. Gotham Racing is one game that I am planning on getting soon.
    you do realzie that unreal 2 is not a sequel to unreal championship right? i heard that unreal 2 really sucked on pc, whereas unreal tournament 2k3 (championship on the box) was a really good game.
    "Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination." - Mark Twain

Alright, lets clear this up. Unreal was a story driven First Person shooter, no multiplayer involved. Then there was Unreal Tournament, which was simply a FPS sports game that focused on Multiplay only. Then there is Unreal Tournament 2003 (Unreal Championship) that is a sequel to Unreal Tournament. A game that focuses on multiplay. The sequel to Unreal is Unreal 2, a story driven FPS. I will also add the Unreal 2 does not suck, infact it is a really fun game. That graphics are also very impressive.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Default Re: My .02¢

Originally posted by selowitch
    Here's what I want during the next several months:

NBA Street Vol. 2
    Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (7/15)***
    Tennis Masters Series (7/15)

Star Trek: Shattered Universe (8/1)
    Dino Crisis 3 (8/5)
    Soul Calibur II (8/26)***

Dead or Alive Online (9/1)
    Gladius (9/15)
    Armada 2: Star Command (9/15)***
    True Crime: Streets of L.A. (9/16)
    Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (9/22)

Deus Ex 2: Invisible War (10/1)
    Wrath Unleashed (10/1)
    Pitfall Harry (10/8)
    Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2 (10/14)
    ESPN (formerly Sega 2K4) Basketball (10/21)
    Prince of Persia: Sands of Time (10/25)

NBA Jam 2004 (11/3)
    Star Wars: Jedi Knight III: Jedi Academy (11/5)***

Sudeki (12/1)

=========

I've been playing the demo of NBA Street Vol 2 a lot, and it is fabulous!!! :-) My favorite team consists of Isiah Thomas, Earvin "Magic" Johnson, and Bill Walton. My defense, at least against the computer, is pretty hard to penetrate with those three, and I can pretty much get first- and second- level gamebreakers at will. Of course, I'd face a much better challenge from a good human player (I live in a rural area and don't have many friends who like videogames).
    How are you going to afford all these xbox games?
    Anyways, I hope to afford at least 1/4 of them, and Nba Street Vol. 2 is a fabulous sport game, that every sport fan on xbox, ps2, and gamecube should own.
    Xbox Games I own:
    1.unreal championship 2.mechassault
    3.battle engine aquila 4.RTCW
    5.PGR 6.Oddworld 7.Brute Force
    8.Halo 9.Timesplitters 2 10.Max Payne
    11.Tony Hawk 3 12.Dead Or Alive 3
    13.Mortal Kombat DD 14.Robotech: Battlecry 15.sega gt 2002/jet set radio future. 16.SOF2 17.Burnout 2 18.Midtown Madness 3 19.KOTOR! (awesome game, got it at hastings.)
    GAMES I really want:
    Ninja Gaiden
    KOTOR
    Counterstrike
    Moto Gp 2
    Halo 2
    Half-Life 2
    Midnight Club 2
    Need For Speed Underground (for PS2)

Jedi Master Shamshoon selowitch's Avatar

Default Re: Re: My .02¢

Originally posted by cheetahmanhood

How are you going to afford all these xbox games?
    Good question. After all, I do have other financial commitments (like my son's college education, for example) other than Xbox gamng. But at least I have a lot of good games to choose from. Obviously, I can't buy them all in one shot. I usually pay for games by rolling up my pocket change and taking the rolls to the bank every few months.

Thread Information