Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: KOTOR is not for everyone !

Master of Review Megaherz *RAGE*'s Avatar

Default KOTOR is not for everyone !

I though i was one of those people that gamespot was talking about, someone who don't really like rpg and i am not a star wars fan, but i decide to buy the game instead of waiting for blockbuster to got it in a week or 2 ( understand me a game with 9,5 from ign, 9,0 from gamepsot and a ton of godd review have send me a bit of tasty gaming juice. So when i brought it at home ,i finally try it and oh my god this game suck some serious ball !

What is going on ?

The framerate is non consistant ( always droping )
    Texture and architecture are ***
    The character face are all ugly
    The combat system is a real joke ( i though i was slashing someone but the computer actually do it by itself )

Nothing so exciting, i am going to sell it soon !

Anyone interested ? ( 50 $ Canadian, you are saving 25 dollar )

Seriously, x-box is a great console but damn where the great game ? Dam* hype !
    I am your worst nightmare
    But you seem to just don't care
    So be prepare
    If i dare
    Or if i meet you on my road
    You gonna need to reload
    Know that my sight are steady
    And that my hand are ready
    So if the unbelievable has arrive
    You got two choice to survive
    Hide or run
    Or you will be stun
    You are my next target
    To score right in the net
    So prepare to die
    I don't lie

Lost but not forgotten - RIP DZNUTZ DZNUTZ's Avatar

u open for a trade...for other new xbox games?

Disgusting, hideous, putrid.

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

It is that bad huh ??
    Back into the world of gaming.

Lets go Canes/ Marlins! AlBoogy's Avatar

Do I hear troll?

Thank you to Caged Soul for the Sig! Hidden Content

$45 Canadian shipped?

PM me if interested.

ha, I needed a good laugh, thanks Megaherz!

In the future before making blatently bashing a game try playing it for more than 30 minutes.

He played the game, heck he bought the game wanting a good game. Then it turned out he didn't like it, so what. No need to bash him, he even stated the reasons why he didn't like it, which seem valid enough to me.

Frankly I am glad I came across someone who doesn't like the game, honestly. People are making it out to be godlike, like they did with Brute Force. After playing Brute Force I can honestly say I think it is only a mediocre game. No worse, no better.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

I'm playing Kotor and so far i like it, what everyone has to understand, is that RPGS are slow moving vehicles. these games are based entirely on character building in order to progress, without this you go nowhere fast. If you played rpgs in the past, i'm sure this will be one the finer games out there. i cant wait to see the worlds and save them while i'm at it.

its true... no fighitng? whats up with that? i think fighting with lightabres could be a cool thing to do. We're not playing pokemon here....

framerate drops always **** me off and is a good enough reason for me to not like a game.

for me graphics isn't too much of an issue as long as its not TOTALLY crappy.

If you want figthing play wolfenstein online, if you want character building you play RPGS...Get it.

Originally posted by FuNkY mOnK
    If you want figthing play wolfenstein online, if you want character building you play RPGS...Get it.
    but I'm talking about.... every once in a while a little fight wouldn't kill. I can somewhat see your POI funky, but the lightsabre is big in star wars, and a little implementation wouldn't be too much. It's pretty simple too...
    Last edited by wweomaniac; 07-17-2003 at 07:33 PM.

Originally posted by wweomaniac
    but I'm talking about.... every once in a while a little fight wouldn't kill. I can somewhat see your POI funky, but the lightsabre is big in star wars, and a little implementation wouldn't be too much. It's pretty simple too...
    Your character does fight in the game, but it is a mix between real time and turn based. If you play Never Winter Nights, then that is the same type of style that KOTOR has. You press a button to engage the enemy but your character fights on his own.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

The answer is forty-two frog11983's Avatar

Originally posted by wweomaniac
    Not everyone in the star wars universe can weild a lightsaber. They take considerable skill to handle, skill that only jedi have. That is where the character building comes in, you eventually will get a lightsaber (if you want), just not right off the bat.
    The glove compartment isn't accurately named.

Originally posted by frog11983

Not everyone in the star wars universe can weild a lightsaber. They take considerable skill to handle, skill that only jedi have. That is where the character building comes in, you eventually will get a lightsaber (if you want), just not right off the bat.
    yeah. So I suppose you fight with your hands or your jedi mind before then.

The answer is forty-two frog11983's Avatar

Have you even played the game??? You can fight with grenades, swords, knives, blaster rifles, blaster pistols, droids, and other things I haven't really used yet. The force powers come in later as you have developed your character more. I've only played the game like two hours, and I'm really fond of it. I could see how maybe not everyone would like, if you aren't a RPG or star wars fan, but I love it.
    The glove compartment isn't accurately named.

Originally posted by frog11983

Not everyone in the star wars universe can weild a lightsaber. They take considerable skill to handle, skill that only jedi have.
    SOMEONE WAKE HIM UP HURRY!!!!! LMAO!!

And u said if youre a RPG or SW fan you will probably like it, im aight with Star Wars, the lightsaber **** is cool, and i really did enjoy Final Fantasy 7 and 8. So do u think I will like this game??(Yeah I know stupid question to ask, but I need a good non Live game and fast!)

H-I-T-E-R........NO L! hiter101's Avatar

ok i have no idea what u a whining about u say that everyone will like the game even if there not a rpg fan alright now let me put it this way everyone can handle milk but lactost intolerent people will get sick now if u hate rpgs and u hate star wars and u knew this game was an rpg then why in the hell will u like it i tottally love this game its amazing just so much to do and the graphics are good what did u expect from an rpg game its decent not anything special and the fighting is just like its suppose to be its best of both worlds this game is called an rpg not an action game.

just my 2 cents
    Heaven Won't Take Me And Hell Is Afraide I'll Take Over

Hidden Content

"He LIved By His Word And He Died For His Word" Rip DZ

Hidden Content

Originally posted by hiter101
    if u hate rpgs and u hate star wars and u knew this game was an rpg then why in the hell will u like
    Exactly!

Now if you like either one of those two then you're in RPG/Star Wars heaven. Sure the game doesn't have the smoothest gameplay and the graphics aren't Haloesque, but they are pretty d@mn good IMO.

BTW I can't wait to start getting those dark force powers (choke ) and double sabers.

Merimac - you should do yourself a favor and rent this, that is if you're into immersive storylines and openendedness.

Master of Review Megaherz *RAGE*'s Avatar

For anyone who is interested of buying my game, sorry i already sold it !
    I am your worst nightmare
    But you seem to just don't care
    So be prepare
    If i dare
    Or if i meet you on my road
    You gonna need to reload
    Know that my sight are steady
    And that my hand are ready
    So if the unbelievable has arrive
    You got two choice to survive
    Hide or run
    Or you will be stun