Poll: Do you even know about, or have you even tried the GameCube b4 deciding to hate it?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you know about what you hate???

Not Quite Merridian, Idaho - And YES the potatos are fine lol... no I'm not a hick, I'm a Californian who had to move here... LOL

i understand that... but some games are just fun regardless.
    IusedtobeschizophrenicbutIwenttothedoctor...We'reOKnow.
    HeydontsayImcrazy!!!9outofthe10voicesinmyheadtellmeimsane...
    Bytheway,I'mdylsexic...butIfindthathiralious...soitsOK.

I play video GAMES. Xbox_Die_Hard's Avatar
    A small town that exists to only the ones who live there. (Lindale, Texas)

I hate Osama "never" Bin Laiden
    All yOur Base aRe Belong tO Us.

I played Lugis mansion-Sucked
    SSX Tricky - sucked
    Rouge Squadron - Sucked
    Monkey Balls - Sucked
    And the controller gave me blisters LameCube just sucks.

Post been there done that....

I know about it, played it, hate it..

PhReeK out!
    PhReeK out!

yeah i tried lugis mansion and waverace and i wasn't impressed, you expect something better when it has a decent amount of power
    you can have my xbox, when you pry it from my cold dead hands

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

The main thing that bugs the crap out of me about the LameCube is that it has the tenacity to boast that it is in the category of being called a next generation console. To be dead honest, I had high hopes for Nintendo...but, when I saw their "Dolphin"...oh, I mean, GameCube....I found it to be the same crap but with a different smell.

It's almost technically impossible for Nintendo to jump up from the N64 to the likes of the XBox in one year. They don't have things together down there at all.

But, about the games...one thing I do respect about Nintendo is that they admit, adamately, that their main market is to kids between the ages of 8-12 years old. I respect that...and I would agree that it is. But, the last time I looked on the calendar, I was 26 years old!!! More than twice the age of the high end of their range...

So, it's easy for me to bash the LameCube...I've simply grown out of the likes of Super Monkey Ball and Mario. I'm into more realistic games....games that actually challenge me and that I can't beat in one or two sittings. The XBox fulfills my needs quite nicely

I know about it somewhat...have played it on several occasions...still don't like it. I remember reading about the controller and how everyone was so excited about it. Well, after using it I didn’t have the same feelings they did. –1 point. Most of the games released for it don’t interest me. –1 point. The games I played didn’t change that opinion (too be fair I only played Luigi and Star Wars). –1 point.

I believe most of us try things out before we comment on them. Sure there are fanboys who don’t but that doesn’t mean that we are all that way.
    Currently playing: Tony Hawk 3

Not Quite Merridian, Idaho - And YES the potatos are fine lol... no I'm not a hick, I'm a Californian who had to move here... LOL

well, i am glad to c that the poll at this time is 52% non biast people thats good... so the majority of us aren't ignorant bastards
    IusedtobeschizophrenicbutIwenttothedoctor...We'reOKnow.
    HeydontsayImcrazy!!!9outofthe10voicesinmyheadtellmeimsane...
    Bytheway,I'mdylsexic...butIfindthathiralious...soitsOK.

K I am sorry but Rogue Leader kiks the crap oughta Air Force Delta. I love my Xbox but that game does make me a little jealous. Its the only really good game on GC IMO but it is fantastic one.
    Last edited by Toonz; 12-14-2001 at 01:00 PM.

Originally posted by Jason1010
    well, i am glad to c that the poll at this time is 52% non biast people thats good... so the majority of us aren't ignorant bastards
    Dude, is it me, or are you the "ignorant bastard"? I read through every single one of those options and just because I provided the one answer that you don't like, you call me an ignorant bastard!

So, just take your purple lunch pale and go to the park and play hop scotch. You clearly haven't grown out of Nintendo yet. It's "neat" that you like it and all, but, what do you expect the poll results are going to be like on a site that is named "XBoxAddict.com"? Talk about ignorance...geeeeez...

To be honest Maximus with a name like Xboxaddict I'd expect it to be bunch a MATURE people since the Xbox was made for Adults according to all the posters but no one seems to act like a Adult rather a bunch a school children. The endless bashing of everything non-Xbox is getting real tiresome. Opinions of all types are great and I read each and everyone in hopes of learning something but in a large majority of posts by the so called Adult gamers in here there is nothing mature to be read.

I understand the overwhelming majority of the group is gonna favour Xbox by its sheer nature but do you all really walk around that blind as to what else the world has to offer. Do you eat the same thing for supper every night because that is your favorite. Do you wear the exact same shirt everyday as well. Variety is good and healthy.

If the Xbox is for Adults lets try to act a little more like Adults.

Originally posted by smack119
    gamecube has the games xbox doesnt huh???? thank god for that!! i dont want to play games like pikmin, or luigis mansion. rouge leader.....ill take air force delta storm instead. waverace...well it is almost the same as waverace64 so i can just play that. super monkey ball....very similar to a game i have called marble madness, tell me that you lamecube lover dont like halo, doa3, max pain, nfl fever,amped, oddworld, project gotham, or any of the other xbox titles..... not to mention morrowind or PROJECT EGO! obi-wan is looking good too. what were those great lamecube games again??

I also own a X-box,And i like my X-box more.But i also enjoying playing the gamecube.But just cause you disagree doesnt mean you should act childish.If you dont like Gc then i respect your opinion,As you should respect mine for like to play Gc.Just state your opinion in a mature way,And your opinion will be noted serious.no reason to be into a ego fight over console's.When the true meaning behind console's is having fun.Regardless of what machine you have.....

Originally posted by XboxChump

I also own a X-box,And i like my X-box more.But i also enjoying playing the gamecube.But just cause you disagree doesnt mean you should act childish.If you dont like Gc then i respect your opinion,As you should respect mine for like to play Gc.Just state your opinion in a mature way,And your opinion will be noted serious.no reason to be into a ego fight over console's.When the true meaning behind console's is having fun.Regardless of what machine you have.....
    Hey, Chump...if you would respond in a matter that would be constructive instead of telling us how immature we are, perhaps we can share a reasonable dialogue. I believe that Smack made some great points and I have yet to see you make a reasonable response. If you have a problem, then ask Smack to take it with you outside...I know I would. But, if you want to extend yourself out and actually get into a joyful discussion about opinions, facts, and note sharing, then, by all means, let's all do it.

Until then, I am going to sip down another frosty beverage. Man, my throat is getting dry...

Originally posted by Toonz
    To be honest Maximus with a name like Xboxaddict I'd expect it to be bunch a MATURE people since the Xbox was made for Adults according to all the posters but no one seems to act like a Adult rather a bunch a school children. The endless bashing of everything non-Xbox is getting real tiresome. Opinions of all types are great and I read each and everyone in hopes of learning something but in a large majority of posts by the so called Adult gamers in here there is nothing mature to be read.

I understand the overwhelming majority of the group is gonna favour Xbox by its sheer nature but do you all really walk around that blind as to what else the world has to offer. Do you eat the same thing for supper every night because that is your favorite. Do you wear the exact same shirt everyday as well. Variety is good and healthy.

If the Xbox is for Adults lets try to act a little more like Adults.
    Toonz...dude, your panties are in a bunch, dude... Geez, lighten up! Bashing the little LameCube is simply fun. Are we not allowed to have fun when you are in our mist? Man, those panties must be shoved way up in your crack...

Originally posted by Maximus

Hey, Chump...if you would respond in a matter that would be constructive instead of telling us how immature we are, perhaps we can share a reasonable dialogue. I believe that Smack made some great points and I have yet to see you make a reasonable response. If you have a problem, then ask Smack to take it with you outside...I know I would. But, if you want to extend yourself out and actually get into a joyful discussion about opinions, facts, and note sharing, then, by all means, let's all do it.

Until then, I am going to sip down another frosty beverage. Man, my throat is getting dry...

Well i didnt join the forum to argue with young children with an attitude,I came here as an adult to discuss things regarding the X-box.I really didnt realize that poeple acted this way.And i was telling smack i respected his opinion,Just telling him he should go about it a different way if he wants mature people to listen...I like to get into constructive view's with people,But not flamming children..

Well i didnt join the forum to argue with young children with an attitude,I came here as an adult to discuss things regarding the X-box.I really didnt realize that poeple acted this way.And i was telling smack i respected his opinion,Just telling him he should go about it a different way if he wants mature people to listen...I like to get into constructive view's with people,But not flamming children..
    I was hoping you would respond with something to talk about instead of repeating yourself. So, what would you like to talk about?

Thats exactly the sorta responses I am talking about Maximus. Any " Hardcore " gamer wouldn't limit his/her fun to just 1 machine.
    Last edited by Toonz; 12-14-2001 at 10:47 PM.

Frostberg

I think if you join a website like "XBOXADDICT" you wont find people that love all systems equally. If you are an xbox addict, you dont love the GC. try if there is something a little less Xbox pro when you join. Notice on the main page how there are rewiews and such for XBOX GAMES! Not GC games...we dont like GCs...that is exactly the reason we joined Xboxaddict!

Originally posted by Toonz
    Thats exactly the sorta responses I am talking about Maximus. Any " Hardcore " gamer wouldn't limit his/her fun to just 1 machine.
    Who's limiting themselves to just one machine? I own a PSo2 and have tried the GameCube on many occasions (in fact I spent over an hour playing one today). Others on this board have also said that they have tried different consoles and simply don't like them as much as the Xbox. Is it really too hard to understand that someone might try the GameCube/PS2 and not like it? Or own a GameCube/PS2 and think it's overrated?
    Currently playing: Tony Hawk 3

i tried all 3 before get xbox....it is simply the one i like the best

Thread Information