<font color=green>Well, Hiroshi Yamauchi has again spoken to the press, but this time it's funny..
here is some of what Mr.Nintendo had to say.</font>

"The essence of game design is to develop new types of fun, to constantly strive to raise the bar of perfection. Despite this, software companies keep on making IIs, IIIs, even VIIs, VIIIs and IXs. "

<font color=green>Uhhhh,,, isn't that what Nintendo Lives on?</font>

"I've been told that Sony won over Nintendo by surrounding itself with software companies, and I will admit that situation was there in the past. However, times have changed, and it's no longer a race to see how many useless companies you can get on your side. There are many people in the industry that know nothing about games. In particular, a large American company is trying to do the same thing by engulfing software houses with money, but I don't believe that will go well. It looks like they'll sell their game system next year, but we'll see the answer to that the following year. "

<font color=green>Uh huh... So, having 162 developers, and mind you, MS does not have to accept every title that just anyone wants to throw your way is a bad thing??

I guess having 78 developers (N64) and just releasing 4 good titles a year is enough for him.

Didn't he claim he was retiring 2 years ago??</font>

<font color=blue> Source: Wit Capital</font>

------------------
I never use signatures

[This message has been edited by wyst (edited November 03, 2000).]