Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How is the NFL2k4 demo?

Just stay on your grind DocHoliday78's Avatar

Default How is the NFL2k4 demo?

I haven't gotten my Sept. issue of OXM. How is the nfl2k4 demo? Does it play the same as last years?

please....ESPN Football.

Gamerscore Whore

The 2k4 or ESPN demo (whichever ya wanna call it, i like 2k4 better anyhow cause we all know how the ESPN series used to be) just makes my mouth water for the retail version. The graphics are definitely better and the gameplay seems just as good, if not better.

Lets go Canes/ Marlins! AlBoogy's Avatar

Originally posted by CrazyCougar-XBA
    The 2k4 or ESPN demo (whichever ya wanna call it, i like 2k4 better anyhow cause we all know how the ESPN series used to be) just makes my mouth water for the retail version. The graphics are definitely better and the gameplay seems just as good, if not better.
    If you dont mind, could you please take the time and tell us what makes the gameplay better? What teams do they let you use? How much time/quarters? *Holds gun to your head* Talk damn it!

Thank you to Caged Soul for the Sig! Hidden Content

a couple of questions:

1. are the players faces still really really light?

2. do the wr's drop a lot of passes like last year

3. when you are on offense and you snap the ball, can you see all your wr's?

4. is the game's pace still like last year's? or is it faster/slower?

thanks

-borka105
    thanks to thrAsher-XBA for the sweet sig

Originally posted by borka105
    a couple of questions:

1. are the players faces still really really light?

2. do the wr's drop a lot of passes like last year

3. when you are on offense and you snap the ball, can you see all your wr's?

4. is the game's pace still like last year's? or is it faster/slower?

thanks

-borka105
    Dude all you gotta do is change the camera view to see all your WR's. But i wana know if the WR's still drop the ball if you hit them as they are catching it becasue it was always a guarunteed drop.

the demo is amazing!!!

Al...

The gameplay is better mostly due to the amazing animations. They players will do all kinds of crazy moves to catch the ball. LOL It makes me think I am playin max payne wiht all the diving around they do. Also, the tackels are amazing. One time I saw a guy lift up another guy, lift him over his back, and throw him onto the gound. Also there is a new play selection, but im nuetral on it. If I had to pick on id pick the old one, but there both good. Dont know all the teams, but to name a few.... Raiders, Bucs, Pakcars, 49ers, and a few others. For time, you get one three minute quarter and thats it.

borka...

couldnt see the faces, as you cant do replay in the demo. WRs havnt dropped the ball on me yet. Like doc said, you gotta change the view to see WRs... just press the R trigger.
    The games pace is a bit slower, but I think that might just be because I am adjusting to the new play selection

xbAWOL

Stupid OXM didn't come today and now I have to wait till Thursday when I get back from camp.....damn you Mike Salamon!

Originally posted by Viper87227
    the demo is amazing!!!

Al...

The gameplay is better mostly due to the amazing animations. They players will do all kinds of crazy moves to catch the ball. LOL It makes me think I am playin max payne wiht all the diving around they do. Also, the tackels are amazing. One time I saw a guy lift up another guy, lift him over his back, and throw him onto the gound. Also there is a new play selection, but im nuetral on it. If I had to pick on id pick the old one, but there both good. Dont know all the teams, but to name a few.... Raiders, Bucs, Pakcars, 49ers, and a few others. For time, you get one three minute quarter and thats it.

Sweet Viper. Thanks for taking the time to post your impressions. I appreciate it.

XBA's Official Doctor Snake Eyez's Avatar

My team always leads the league is amount of dropped passes. It gets really annoying after a while.

bust a nut

i wasnt too impressed with the demo. but the graphics were good. i still like NCAA 2004 better.

Gamerscore Whore

No NFL title can even come close to NCAA 2004. That is the best football game available.

Sorry guys I didnt get back online until now, i see questions were answered.

I think i might try out NCAA 2004. I hate all ea football games but ppl keep talking about this one.

Gamerscore Whore

Definitely give it a shot, you wont regret it. best damn football game ever.

Im hoping the online ranking system is better. I really liked Fevers ranking system, and how it had all the stats: Passing totals, rush totals, sacks etc. I hope this years has that. Hopefully you can use the new rosters online too. I have high expectations for this game. Can't wait!
    MAKING A NEW SIG

Originally posted by No Fear 23
    i wasnt too impressed with the demo. but the graphics were good. i still like NCAA 2004 better.

OMG, can the game look anymore like an n64 game?

it's pathetic in the graphics department.......

hell, that was enough to ruine it for me.... good gameplay, ok commentary, the worst football graphics I've seen in 4 years, and S-L-O-W gameplay......, plus NO LIVE!

I'll pass.

-borka105
    thanks to thrAsher-XBA for the sweet sig

hell, that was enough to ruine it for me.... good gameplay, ok commentary, the worst football graphics I've seen in 4 years, and S-L-O-W gameplay......, plus NO LIVE!

I'll pass.
    um, what game are you talking about....Joe Montana Football?

I believe he was referring to NCAA 2004. I do admit the graphics arent super but they are above average. But i really am not that much into graphics over gameplay.

I went to Game Crazy in hopes of getting the OXM with the ESPN NFL demo. But they still only had the August issue

I may be getting a subscription again to OXM. Especially if they keep coming out with demos of games before they are released. That's what I like, a demo of something that I can't go rent.

Originally posted by borka105

I'll pass.

-borka105
    Sorry borka, but I am lead to believe you have never played the game. Pathetic? I think not. It might not be up to xbox standards but it holds its own. The Only thing that is accurate is no live. Gameplay is great, commentary is good. Then there are all the features. Best Football game out there. Im looking forward to ESPN just as much as anyone else but NCAA is a bit better then past 2K games. I was there in 99 when DC launched, there in '00 when Seganet was supported for 2k1 and played the port of 2k2. Then played last years as well. NCAA is better, period.

Thread Information