Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dde!!!!!!

Chancellor Of Dark Enemy # 1 Stunner's Avatar

Angry Dde!!!!!!

Alright as much as i love gr:IT i cant play IT!!!! i get a dde every time i play and i cant stand it no more....what are my options to get rid of dde errors? i dont wanna send it away and i dont wanna buy a new one and then return the old one so are there any practical way i can get rid of these they are really ****ing me off, and its just with ghost recon, the regular one and the IT... its not the disc unless i just got 2 crappy gr discs in a row because rtcw doesnt do this neither does any of my other live games.. i was thinkin about returning IT and getting another disc and see if that works because ill be going back to eb this week...so what would u reccomend...

It's 2 weeks - part with the dam thing and get it fixed...NOW...see, you'd feel much better if you did it 2 weeks ago and THEN the new GR came out...but noooo, you had to be a dope :o

Originally posted by casper
    It's 2 weeks - part with the dam thing and get it fixed...NOW...see, you'd feel much better if you did it 2 weeks ago and THEN the new GR came out...but noooo, you had to be a dope :o
    come on there has to be another way..can i not just spray a bunch of shi in there and make it all better

Renegade of funk

Don't have a DVD lens cleaner?

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT spray a bunch of shi in there. That will do more harm than good.

Just take the disc back and exchange it for a new one. If it doesn't work, send in your box.

Member on the run

Stunner, one request...don't mention DDE on a server I'm on again!!!

I didn't have one DDE while I had the original Ghost, I didn't have one until after you mentioned it! After I was off the server with you, I haven't gotten it since! So please, I don't need this to spread to me again!

THE REAL BOSS

Default Re: Dde!!!!!!

Originally posted by # 1 Stunner
    Alright as much as i love gr:IT i cant play IT!!!! i get a dde every time i play and i cant stand it no more....what are my options to get rid of dde errors? i dont wanna send it away and i dont wanna buy a new one and then return the old one so are there any practical way i can get rid of these they are really ****ing me off, and its just with ghost recon, the regular one and the IT... its not the disc unless i just got 2 crappy gr discs in a row because rtcw doesnt do this neither does any of my other live games.. i was thinkin about returning IT and getting another disc and see if that works because ill be going back to eb this week...so what would u reccomend...
    I remember you telling me about this on live last night, have you tried the DVD lense cleaner? If not maybe look into sending it in or just buying a new xbox with the upgraded drive There cheap enough now a days.
    RIP David (DZNUTZ) 5/23/04

Default Re: Re: Dde!!!!!!

Originally posted by ChaoticMage

I remember you telling me about this on live last night, have you tried the DVD lense cleaner? If not maybe look into sending it in or just buying a new xbox with the upgraded drive There cheap enough now a days.
    whats a dvd lens cleaner?does it just clean the discs or the thing inside? because ive found a decent method to avoid "Some DDE's" on gr...and yeah rude, sorry bout that , never happen again...

hey weed, remove the OXM disc saves on your hard drive, that might help too, cause I hear they frick things up a bit...

I too have heard about the OXM thing. I always remove all my demo stuff after I am done playing there disks. dont know why but i do for some reason.
    Currently owned games:
    Project Gotham Racing2, ESPN Football, ESPN Hockey, Star Wars K.O.T.O.R., Moto GP 2, BurnOut 2 P.O.I., Rallisport Challenge, Project Gotham Racing, Pac Man World 2, Tetris Worlds, NASCAR 2003, Ghost Recon, Unreal Championship, Halo

bust a nut

i have no problem with it so far. if i do in the future, somebodys gonna get hurt......bad.

Dude....Your xbox is busted. Its not the disc. Because you get DDEs with GR and GR:IT.

Do this:

- Buy a new Xbox

- Wipe your your old Xbox HD

- Return the xbox you just bought, but swap the xboxs

- Get your money back

Problem solved. Do it at walmart. Im sure they will send it out to get serviced or destroyed. Everyones a winner.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Originally posted by JJaX
    Dude....Your xbox is busted. Its not the disc. Because you get DDEs with GR and GR:IT.

Do this:

- Buy a new Xbox

- Get your money back

Problem solved. Do it at walmart. Im sure they will send it out to get serviced or destroyed. Everyones a winner.
    Whats the odds of getting busted doing a deal like that?
    Currently owned games:
    Project Gotham Racing2, ESPN Football, ESPN Hockey, Star Wars K.O.T.O.R., Moto GP 2, BurnOut 2 P.O.I., Rallisport Challenge, Project Gotham Racing, Pac Man World 2, Tetris Worlds, NASCAR 2003, Ghost Recon, Unreal Championship, Halo

Originally posted by MetalSludge

Whats the odds of getting busted doing a deal like that?
    Getting busted? He is buying an xbox. There is something wrong with it, so he is returning it. Thats all they need to know.

He paid his $300.00 when it 1st came out. He is entitled to return an faulty product. Hes doing the same thing, but with a few extra steps.

Disclaimer: JJaX is not responsible for the actions taken from his advice
    Last edited by JJaX-XBA; 08-07-2003 at 03:10 PM.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Getting busted? He is buying an xbox. There is something wrong with it, so he is returning it. Thats all they need to know.

He paid his $300.00 when it 1st came out. He is entitled to return an faulty product. Hes doing the same thing, but with a few extra steps.
    I thought that at wal-mart you could only exchange electroncs now and not get a refund?
    Currently owned games:

Disclaimer: JJaX is not responsible for the actions taken from his advice
    LMAO
    Currently owned games:

Originally posted by MetalSludge

I thought that at wal-mart you could only exchange electroncs now and not get a refund?
    I was not aware of that.

If thats the case, try taget than. Infact, try any whole sale store like BJs or Sams club.

You basically want to go to any store were people will treat an xbox like its a VCR. Or where they cant tell the differece.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

bust a nut

Do this:

- Buy a new Xbox

- Get your money back

but he siad that other games that he have are working fine. GR and IT are just not working right for him. so i was thinking it must be those 2 ghost recon games.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

NO FEAR...

Some of the old XBoxes don't have the updated drive to read certain games 100% properly. The new Philips drive found in the new XBoxes is a much better drive. I think JJaX is right, it's his XBox.

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Umm, so what you guys talk about it's who pay the Xbox for 500 bucks (at the launch) is all craps, and who buy the latest ones will be ok ?
    Back into the world of gaming.

Thread Information