Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lord of the Rings rip from DOA3?

Default Lord of the Rings rip from DOA3?

In the upcoming "Lord of The Rings, The" that hits movies on December 19. I noticed, in one of the scenes on the movie, is also, a well constructed level inside the game of Dead or Alive 3 for the Microsoft Xbox. I forget the name of the level, but its the one with the shallow creek surrounding the edge, dead trees still standing, and alot of leaves laying across the ground. The same terrain is featured in the movie "Lord of The Rings, The" in one of the scenes.

I don't know if Dead or Alive 3 possibly ripped the scene from this movie to construct one of thier levels, or vice versa. I can doubt it that they both just came up with the same idea all of a sudden.

I have no clue if any of you guys have noticed this yet, but it might be somethin to look into, you might just be suprised what u find on the subject.
    Luigi got lost in his mansion.Mario is filling in for the time being.

Wow. Thats eerie. Lord of the Rings features a forest, and so does DoA3. Heres some more proof that Tecmo ripped on ideas from feature films:

The snowy level was obviosuly a blatant rip off of the movie Fargo...they both have snow!

The level where you can throw your opponent through the glass and he lands in what appears to be downtown China? Yup. This was clearly stolen from the film Rush Hour 2, with Jackie Chan.

Oh, and the best one. Bass' ending movie? Total rip off of Terminator 2...I mean they both featured motorcycles...and the same color too!

Well, Unlike some people that dont find it interesting that tecmo might have stolen somethin from a scene off Lord of the Rings for thier little game. So it was pointless to post that on this fourm, all that proves to show is your just a smartas$

Originally posted by Mario
    Well, Unlike some people that dont find it interesting that tecmo might have stolen somethin from a scene off Lord of the Rings for thier little game.
    Well there's a malformed sentence if I ever saw one. I've read that 5 times...each time more slowly than the last, and I still can't understand you.

Can I get a "Nitwit to English" translator to the General Discussion forum, please?

Member on the run

Talk about someone trying to find a conspiracy! Let's see here...DOA3 came out before the first trailer for Lord of the Rings, and even if it didn't, the level would have to have been built before the first Lord of the Rings trailer, for DOA3 to be out on time! Then, you've got the fact that Lord of the Rings has been in Prep for the past two years, including filming.

If you've thought up these conspiracies, you must have already figured out who really shot Kennedy! Please, you've gotta tell us! WHO did it?!? I need to know!!!

Umm, let's see. The Lord of the Rings has been in developement for well over half a decade. Filming began almost two years ago and the trailer for some time before that. But all doesn't matter because it is a freakin forest with a 'roadway' in it. It is a cliched location no matter who does it.

Still looks cool though.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Dude, total conspiracy! To think that Lord of the Rings is going to copy DOA3, though! Yeah, no kidding! I heard rumors that Lord of the Rings is going to come out on DVD after some time goes by...What a rip off! DOA3 is already on a DVD! Total conspiracy here, folks...

Oh, and get this, in the movie, Lord of the Rings, people are actually wearing clothing! Don't you get it? In DOA3, the characters also wear clothes! Total rip off there!

And when we thought it couldn't get worse, the Lord of the Rings has theme music and DOA3 does, too! Man, those dudes at Tecmo should really be careful about copyright laws here...

(Sorry VAN, I couldn't top your reply, but I tried! lol)

OMG, my grandma wears rings and worships the lord. Maybe its a conspiracy. I think Tolkien stole the book idea from her. What do you think?

lol, bet Mario feels stupid.

well he should feel stupid.... that post was pretty **** stupid wasnt it????

Default Re: Lord of the Rings rip from DOA3?

In the upcoming "Lord of The Rings, The" that hits movies on December 19.

and who really writes a title like that??? it is THE LORD OF THE RINGS!! nobody say LORD OF THE RING, THE

Default Re: Re: Lord of the Rings rip from DOA3?

I'd like to say that people are just being sarcastic, and maybe so, its just a forest, but has it occured to you that its the EXACT same terrain. Oh well, I guess I only find things like this interesting, I don't really care if no one else does.

Originally posted by smack119
    and who really writes a title like that??? it is THE LORD OF THE RINGS!! nobody say LORD OF THE RING, THE
    Also, for people that arent familiar with grammer, spelling it "Lord of The Rings, The" is the proper way, I could of been lame and said lord of the rings. Please.. Go back to school, do me a favor..

Default Re: Re: Re: Lord of the Rings rip from DOA3?

I'd like to say that people are just being sarcastic, and maybe so, its just a forest, but has it occured to you that its the EXACT same terrain.
    Really? EXACT? Then you must have seen LotR. Is it any good? I'm thinkin about seeing it when it premiers.

Also, for people that arent familiar with grammer, spelling it "Lord of The Rings, The" is the proper way, I could of been lame and said lord of the rings. Please.. Go back to school, do me a favor..
    "Lord of the Rings, The" is not an alternate spelling, nitwit. It's simply an alternate format. Further, you seem to have misspelled the word "grammar".

Oh how I long to be an uneducated 12 year old again. I envy you, Mario. In these troubled times of ours, youthful naivity is something the world needs more of.

*edit: I just checked your profile. Evidently you are 23 years old. There's no excuse for a man your age to be so blatantly doltish--unless of course you suffer from some form of mild retardation, in which case I shall offer my humble apologies and step away from the thread.
    Can you not even grasp the basics of proper sentence structure? I am embarrassed for you. Very sad indeed.
    Last edited by VAN; 12-19-2001 at 08:47 AM.

i live in canada! better yet i live in PEI ahahah you'll never find it!!!

holy crap, how would have thought that a lotr would have a forest, but not just a forest, one with dead trees! and a game that was made how many years before the book was made has one two, I could name a 100 games with a forest! there all rip off too! just like how amped was stolen off of me when i snowboard once or twice a year! those bast@rds!!!! hahaha
    Hail, O XBOX, virgins I sacrifice unto you
    "Hope you enjoy the victory WITH ONE FREAKING EYE"
    Hidden Content TheCCC

Default Re: Re: Re: Lord of the Rings rip from DOA3?

Also, for people that arent familiar with grammer, spelling it "Lord of The Rings, The" is the proper way, I could of been lame and said lord of the rings.
    Like Van said it is an alternate way of writing it and not in the context which you used it. The only time you place an article at the end of the title is when you are indexing or making a list of such titles. This is how one would alphabetize. If you want to really get specific it should be written "The Lord of the Rings (2001)". But hey this is just an xbox forum so who gives a ****.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

Dudes...Now, I really see the conspiracy here...in

D E A D O R ALIVE

-and-

L O R D O F THE RINGS

I noticed that they both share the letters "L, R, D (twice here), O, E (twice here, too), and the letter I.

Talk about a rip off here....Man, I think the makers of Lord of the Rings should get Tecmo on a major lawsuit...they even use some of the same letters in their name titles!

Let alone that DOA3 has a fight in a ring, wait Lord of the Rings, fight in a ring. Now I see the light.
    ---Hidden Content ---

Originally posted by Lynxfx
    Let alone that DOA3 has a fight in a ring, wait Lord of the Rings, fight in a ring. Now I see the light.
    LOL...Nice Lynxfx! LOL

LOL, at first, irritating to see your sarcasm people, but now its kinda funny to see how carried away you get, but if you guys wanna do that, on my last post for this fourm (yay, everyone cheers) I would just like to say.. van stole the 3:16.. hes a theif, it makes me feel bad that he stole it and put it has his picture

50 bucks says Mario thinks I got the 3:16 from watching professional wrestling.

BTW, Mario. Please link me to the FBI report which states that the number 3, a colon, and the number 16 have been stolen. Thanks. If in fact these items have been reported stolen, I'm gonna have some choice words for the guy at the number and punctuation store where I purchased them!

Thread Information