Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can't open the damn box

Default Can't open the damn box

My system took a hit on an overseas trip. Now its dead. I can fix it if I can open the dawn box. I removed the four lower screws but still can't open the dawn box.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

I wouldn't touch it. Just bring it back to your local Walmart and say that you recently bought it and it crapped out on you...exchange it for a new one and call it good

Seriously, unless you know enough about electronics that you can repair circuit boards and such, there really is no point in opening it. Everything in there is crammed so tight that there is no chance of something simple happening like a cable coming unplugged, plus it has an exposed power supply so you are putting yourself at risk of a sever electric shock.

If you are still dead set on doing this, refer to other websites that have plenty of information on dissecting your xbox.

Hey the last screw is under the warranty stickers
    push the stickers with ur thumb until u fell and can probaly see where the screws are underneath. Then u get a hairblowerdryer heat up the stickers and peal them off to not void the warranty and unscrew the screws (two of them 1 under two of the stickers, the one with the barcode and the one that says xbox video game system) After this ur case should come easily apart. Inside there are a few more screws holding in dvd rom and harddrive, take those out to get to the motherboard. During this the power should be off, but if it is on it really makes little difference. Just don't lick any of the circuits while the xbox is on. Thats about it Have fun fixing it.
    P.S. I think that that admins know little about xbox and should learn more about it. There advice would help very little if the warranty was void.
    GOOD LUCK

Just stay on your grind DocHoliday78's Avatar

Originally posted by brad111

P.S. I think that that admins know little about xbox and should learn more about it. There advice would help very little if the warranty was void.
    GOOD LUCK
    Geeez this guy has one post and he is already starting ish with the mods. ****** where is DZ to set this man straight?

OK Doky smarty pants, here's the dilio.................We feel we should instruct our friend here with asimple solution to his problem. Being that 99% of Walmarts will indeed replace an XBOX with a like item if it "HASN'T BEEN TAMPERED WITH" the advice given was acurate.

Our "site" doesn't support, or allow discusions that imply altering the original state of the system. We are MS friendly and don't really want to jeoperdize that relationship.

Now as to us folks knowing a little about our beloved system........... I would rethink that comment

billp, good luck on whatever you decide to do.
    Last edited by Highlite23; 08-30-2003 at 03:07 PM.

uhhh u stupid admin...he asked the question. HOW DO I OPEN MY XBOX. He obviously knows that he can return it. If u knew anything about xbox u could answer that simple question..but nooo it was too dificult for you. So shut up about ur policy and just admint u have no clue.

Uh oh....

uhhh u stupid admin...he asked the question. HOW DO I OPEN MY XBOX. He obviously knows that he can return it. If u knew anything about xbox u could answer that simple question..but nooo it was too dificult for you. So shut up about ur policy and just admint u have no clue.
    this guys a real winner aint he guys lol **** man this is why parents shouldnt give kids the internet
    Hidden Content

Games I Own ~ Halo, Morrowind, Unreal Championship, Wolfenstien, Madden 2004 (Thank you EA)

Games I Want ~ Fable, Ninja Gaiden, THUG, True Crime

Originally posted by Papke
    Uh oh....

Wow... I read this and all I saw was you typing 'ban me! ban me! ban me!' over and over again! Trust me, most of the mods here have been around the xbox scene longer than you and probably know a lot more about it that you do. Of course, forum policies take precedence, and even though we know where the other screws are, we are obliged to give the advice to take it back to walmart (after all, it is the best advice). So knock of your whining about the mods and just admit that you need to learn to spell better and quit complaining so much.

Just stay on your grind DocHoliday78's Avatar

Oh god i am getting Dream flashbacks ( andi never got that game from him that *******).

Originally posted by Nick-XBA
    Seriously, unless you know enough about electronics that you can repair circuit boards and such, there really is no point in opening it. Everything in there is crammed so tight that there is no chance of something simple happening like a cable coming unplugged, plus it has an exposed power supply so you are putting yourself at risk of a sever electric shock.

If you are still dead set on doing this, refer to other websites that have plenty of information on dissecting your xbox.
    Which I have said many times they could get killed touching it. Oh well, let them touch it, just trying to warn them.

You're better off not opening it. There's a reason why it's hard to take off and there's stickers on the bottom. You're lible to do more damage to it then there already is be messing around with it if you happen to get it open.

stupid noobs... always good to join a site and bash the mods who run it ... and on top of it say they dont know much about the Xbox and should learn more because they suggest a different solution... how bout you dont know sh*t about the Xbox and shouldnt be tryin to fix it considering you arnt even smart enough TO OPEN IT YOURSELF

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Well, something going on the wrong side here but stop bring it to the maximum level maybe it's more better stop discussing (or should i say cussing). Anyway, the best way like almost everyone telling is bring it back to the place you buy it to exchange another one. If you have void the warranty of the box, well haven't many choice here, you must find a electronic place to fix it by the hands of technician.
    Back into the world of gaming.

around from time to time CMX Jedi's Avatar

....shoot the thing

Banned

WOW you people are dumb as hell.
    HAHA try pulling to lil black cord out of the back.
    you know the one you plug into your wall?

Originally posted by .:*Ō*:.
    WOW you people are dumb as hell.

HAHA try pulling to lil black cord out of the back.
    you know the one you plug into your wall?
    Wow, the person calling people dumb as hell is dumb as hell. You ever heard of a capacitor buddy? What is incredibly funny is this has already been mentioned this thread. Did you know that a tv contains enough voltage to kill you a year after its last use? Same thing for the xbox. It stores electricity, and if you accidentally bridge a bipolar connection with your body, you are suddenly the human equivalent of an electrical wire.

Banned

I bet you dont know y a TV ""contains voltage ""?

Do you know y a xbox has a capacitor?

its to keep the clock working and its like have 2 AA in there.
    A XBOX IS NOT A TV.

Thread Information