Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: worried about the lack of online games coming? I am

Default worried about the lack of online games coming? I am

What's the deal with this? I've done a search on future games here and it only shows 1. I know there's more, but there isn't much. I thought Microsoft was going to have a whole slew of internet ready games available. I know that's one of my main requirements when Microsoft's network is online. I've been a long-time PC online gamer and this is a must for most games. It adds a lot of value to the puchase of a game because it extends the length of time you'll play the game. I would think that developers would jump on board to have internet-ready games.

It seems like developers aren't too confident with the viability of xbox on the internet.

Any ideas or news on what's coming and maybe some dates would be appreciated. I know about project ego, but that's maybe one of 4 games I know of. Rayman Arena & Unreal Championship are some other ones.

Let me clarify this by saying that I'm not talking about system-link play. I don't think this is how they will enable internet play on xbox games. System-link can work now on the internet but it seems to have more packet-loss then what a true internet game would seem to have, IMHO.

Please list some games and dates and maybe why there's not tons of online games coming out in May, the same time Xbox's network goes online.

thx

x-box didnt come out that long ago give it time games will come out

i understand about giving it time. But when we know about games that will come out 6-8 months ahead of time or even a year and you don't see much in that time-span, that troubles me a little. It doesn't trouble me about the viability of X-box's success. I know it will win out, but to really have a successful x-box internet network launch, you gotta' have internet games to launch with it. Kind of like xbox launch titles. You think people would buy an x-box if it only had 4 games at launch time?

More games will come out with online playing capibilities. I think just not right now becuase xbox is being acused of a small computer so on and so fourth. I think that right now that are trying to focas on showing people that are about gaming, once thats cleared up im sure that more and more games that u can play online will come out
    WHATS THIS HES COMING IN FROM RIGHT FIELD

Henhenhenrerereololingardner

Registered User Markus_Kalarkus's Avatar

Default jeez

man ya gotta give the **** system time! like the ps2 had ****ty games to satrt but now look metal gear solid 2!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Online ID [-ShAdOwZ-]RaptoR{L}

Yes you do need to give it time. Wow it makes me shudder at the thought. think halo was good wait year
    WHATS THIS HES COMING IN FROM RIGHT FIELD

Henhenhenrerereololingardner

before you know it, xbox is going to have a huge amount of games...and even better yet.....we still have only scratched the surface of what game developers can do with the xbox.

it's only gonna get better. kinda scary

Funny thing is that the xbox right now officially has no online games yet we are playing 3 already,

Halo,
    Nascar Heat 2002
    Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2x
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

Also I would rather have 3 or so really good online games instead of 50 crappy online games.

Give the developers time.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

I think that most developers are waiting to see how well Microsoft gets the online community going.

And, if they see an chance to increase profit to add multiplay capability to there games, then you will start to see more online games then you can shake a stick at.

i was reading sme stuff at xbox.com and i think the offial numbrer of online games in development right now is 27 plus more games that havnt been announced

Online gaming is going to be a multibillion dollar industry and the game developers (for consoles) aren't making much of it. Mainly the PC side. Hopefully the XBOX changes that.

to be honest with you, i was never really too excited about online consoles. if i want online multiplayer, i'll use my $3000 computer. i didnt just buy it for word processing you know
    XBOX=WIN
    Proud owner of PlayStation 2, Xbox, and Gamecube. ROCK ON!!!

Official MerimacHamwich "Smarty Mahn Numero Uno" Fanclub Member

Hidden Content

Lets go Canes/ Marlins! AlBoogy's Avatar

Two words: Unreal Championship,,,, judging by the time i spent on it with the dc, i think this is all im going to need.

Thumbs up Online games and Gamespy

If anyone has time and patience, checkout gamespy.com and download their software. They have a section on Xbox which currently has 3 games up. Halo with 175 players last time I checked, Tony Hawk with 1 player, and I'm not sure which racing game was the third, but I believe it was NASCAR Thunder. Good Luck!!I have found the download for gamespy on my comp and it is the attached file.

Sheep goto heaven goats goto hell

redrum was the only one that kinda answered my question.

The rest say give it time. Duh! That's the patented xbox homer reply. Not to offend ne 1, but I'd like to get some answers not cheerleading.

Someone said to be patient and it'll be good in a year. How does that help the x-box in May?

Like I said earlier, I'm not worried I'm just curious. I want to be able to play some kick ass games online in May when they set the xbox network.

No one's given me a list of internet-ready games that will debut for this new network. This was one of the reason's they delayed the online network in the first place (to give developers time to get internet games out).

Just curious, I'd like to hear from people that can give a neutral position, not a sales pitch. That's just preaching to the choir. I'm an x-box fan, so save the preachin' for your mama, heh.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Geez, dude...the XBox has only been on the market for just over one month. For more on-line games to come out takes a little time...in my opinion, the more time, the better that way they perfect the games before they launch them. I'm eagerly awaiting Unreal Championship, personally

Originally posted by peyote
    I'm not worried I'm just curious.
    If you aren't worried then don't put that in the title of your thread.

No one's given me a list of internet-ready games that will debut for this new network.
    Because there is no list. No one knows for sure until the games come out or an official press release stating the facts. Everything you get will be he said, she said until then.

Facts of right now, you have 3 games you can play online NOW, 5 months before May.

Patience is a virtue.
    ---Hidden Content ---

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Originally posted by Lynxfx

If you aren't worried then don't put that in the title of your thread.

Because there is no list. No one knows for sure until the games come out or an official press release stating the facts. Everything you get will be he said, she said until then.

Facts of right now, you have 3 games you can play online NOW, 5 months before May.

Patience is a virtue.
    Exactly...and just to think back for a moment...remember how we all were before November 15th before the XBox came out? (Personally, I haven't seen any of us change a bit, we are all still pumped up, and rightly so!!)...but, to keep that adrenaline going, imagine what Summer 2002 is going to be like when Microsoft gets us XBox hungry dudes all pumped up about on-line playing? Man, this is going to rock!!! I'm already pumped! If it were to happen next week, I wouldn't be nearly as pumped...but, Summer? D A M N!!! Something new and exciting to look forward to! I think they had this planned this way.........One thing I can tell you, living close to Microsoft headquarters...they are a very very very intelligent company....one thing is for sure, they know how to market

I thought i saw at least one or two games that were comming out that were massive multiplayer games... But u guys are saying that there are none?

Thread Information