Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: worried about the lack of online games coming? I am

Nicely put Maximus.

It is like waiting for the next summer blockbuster.

Lightwave, which 'guys' are you talking about? As you know there are multiplayer games coming.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

First of all its OBVIOUS the xbox internet gaming will be a success. Within 2 days of the system launch people were playing using Gamespy's tunnel software. ps2? LOL people have to go buy an external usb ethernet adapter which is about 40 bucks and you can only play one game that has ethernet link capabilities that would be tony hawk 3. Again xbox was out for 2 days and people were already lpaying online...it shows that if you provide it people will play. Now that being said I DONT CARE TO PLAY FIRST PERSON SHOOTERS ON XBOX...come on guys those are computer games made for mouse+keyboard. XBOX controller does decent for fps's but its just never going to be the same. I bought xbox to play console games...and at the same time play those console type games online. I consider Tony hawk series and Grand theft auto series console type games that play well with controllers and not keyboards and mouses.

as for saying that people are cheerleaders for saying be patient...all things come to those who are patient. And thats stupid to expect everything to just be available all of a sudden it doesn't work that way.

kirkyg

Default no pep rallies! heh

kirkyG & others,

someone please just tell me they have information that there will be launch titles for x-boxes internet launch in May. Just one will suffice. I didn't post this topic to feel warm fuzzies about my X-box. I have enough of that.

I just think it's odd with all the information about future games that are posted here and on IGN and other sites & only read about one game that will be internet ready.

Obviously, the X-box internet launch in May will have games. You can't have a launch like this without having games to play on it. This is why I'm trying to find out what might be out then.

I'd just like to see some information about this. Saying "give it time" obviously doesn't address the question. One answer could be that "they won't talk about the game list because of their competition."

I just need one response that can stick to my question so I can put this topic to rest. thanks

You know there is more to this site than just the forum. Go to the main page, click on games and do a search of games coming in 3 to 6 months. There are plenty there that will have online gaming capability. Just take the time and look. Use the site. That is why it is here.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Default Re: no pep rallies! heh

Originally posted by peyote
    kirkyG & others,

someone please just tell me they have information that there will be launch titles for x-boxes internet launch in May. Just one will suffice. I didn't post this topic to feel warm fuzzies about my X-box. I have enough of that.

I just think it's odd with all the information about future games that are posted here and on IGN and other sites & only read about one game that will be internet ready.

Obviously, the X-box internet launch in May will have games. You can't have a launch like this without having games to play on it. This is why I'm trying to find out what might be out then.

I'd just like to see some information about this. Saying "give it time" obviously doesn't address the question. One answer could be that "they won't talk about the game list because of their competition."

I just need one response that can stick to my question so I can put this topic to rest. thanks
    Peyote...I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft launched several exclusive on-line titles and announced that launch with just one week before they establish their on-line forum. This is how Microsoft markets their products and the reason why they are the most wealthy company in the world.

But, I know for a fact that Unreal Championship and Halo Multiplayer can be played on-line at that time. I think there are others...I just don't know about them enough to say for sure that they are on-line compatible. Expect another "feeling" that November 15th gave you and the rest of us coming this summer!!

never mind, sorry im obviously out of the loop here... ill shut up now and let someone else talk...

Default Future Online Games

I agree with your worry, peyote!

See my post -http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4152

One of the reasons I purchased XBOX was for its multi system cabability. I think the way online games are designed will get better as MS brings its internet gaming online. Whether its System Link, or online gaming it doesn't matter to me. If I can play someone on another console, it makes the game much better and worth more than the $50 you pay for it.

Thread Information