Thread: Glad I bought my warranty...

Default Glad I bought my warranty...

I'm an early Xbox adopter, buying my Xbox not even 1 month after launch. Didn't buy it at launch because I knew with exams I'd flunk em all if I'd just bought an Xbox. Anyways, at the time I payed 850 CAD$ all in all for 2 controllers, Xbox, Doa3 and PGR and a 2 yr no q's asked warranty from EB. I've already returned 1 controller that wasn't working properly anymore (probably because of so much usage! )Well, I've had problems with all my xbox games with Dirty Disc errors and stuff. Finally, my Xbox dvd drive died.. Tomorrow, I go in and EB gives me a brand new Xbox! Oh ya, and I get to keep all my save games because I won a memory card from the best Xbox site on the net XBA!
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

You need a new brain! El Latino Mafioso's Avatar

dang....see is one of those things that are kool... ...don't even know what I am saying but kool 4 you dude l8ter

What do you gotta do in order to get a warranty? Do you need to get it inspected and stuff? Or just mail in a check kinda thing. I'm thinking I should get one because my Xbox has scared me a few times, because a few instances it has struggled to read the disc and stuff.
    MAKING A NEW SIG

I frag kane mason twice. trabucles's Avatar

thats what i call "good luck".
    Hidden Content Hidden Content I donĀ“t want remakes of old maps in that game and I wont pay for them.

ChickenSHHHH, Fosho & now Kortiz's Avatar

nah, i dont call it good luck, i calls it watching out for yourself. having a fail-safe.

Is there any way i can destroy this xbox i have before my warranty goes up in january? i bought this in january of 2002. i'd like to go ahead and see if i can get a new one. any tips would be great.

You need a new brain! El Latino Mafioso's Avatar

Originally posted by Fosho
    nah, i dont call it good luck, i calls it watching out for yourself. having a fail-safe.

Is there any way i can destroy this xbox i have before my warranty goes up in january? i bought this in january of 2002. i'd like to go ahead and see if i can get a new one. any tips would be great.
    blow dust into the dvd drive so It won't be able to read cds....sounds cruel though..

l8ter

SO YA WANNA KILL YOUR XBOX....

1st call 1-800-4my-xbox & purchase an extended warantee (1 year $26.00 U.S. residents only) Then, get a cd you don't want (Cher's greatest hits will do nicely) cover it with a thin coat of either syrup, honey or, motor oil. Place it in your xbox & turn it on. Finally, pick your xbox up to a height of about 5 feet & drop it!
    That should do it! Good luck!

That's insurance fraud, illegal in the U.S. (and I assume everywhere). Criminals get caught, don't be stupid.
    Xbox Games: Halo, PGR, SSX Tricky, Wolfenstein, Counter-Strike, and Crimson Skies
    Most Wanted: MotoGP 2, SSX 3, Halo 2, PGR 2, and B.C.
    Hidden Content

I remember when I bought it debating whether I should spend 50$ more, figured I was spending so much $ that day anyways... 3 months b4 it expires my Xbox dies. Very happy I spent that 50$!
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

So you want to break a perfectly good peice of hardware so you can get what??? A new box and manuals?

That is the MOST retarded thing I've heard in a while.

It makes no sense, what kind of dumbass plan is that?

Just stay on your grind DocHoliday78's Avatar

Originally posted by OC Noob

So you want to break a perfectly good peice of hardware so you can get what??? A new box and manuals?

Not dumb at all. His xbox could die out a month after his warranty expires and he'd be left with the only choice of buying a new one. Only a dumbass wouldnt trade an old xbox for a brand new one? The only reason i could see not wanting to do that is the fear of losing a saved game that is too big to fit on a memory card like KOTOR.

Originally posted by OC Noob

Actually, it makes perfect sense. The new dvd drives have stronger lasers and read the new games much better than those that have Xbox's from launch. This is one of the reasons why the original dvd drives are dying, because the lasers weren't strong enough to last or read the new disks (games). So with him returning his XBox, he gets a new one that has the new drive, hence, no more dirty disk errors.

Fosho, just return it telling them that all of the new games you are buying is giving you DDE's, they won't try and test it because you have the warranty. Then, you'll get a new box. Good luck

Originally posted by Casper-XBA

Actually, it makes perfect sense. The new dvd drives have stronger lasers and read the new games much better than those that have Xbox's from launch. This is one of the reasons why the original dvd drives are dying, because the lasers weren't strong enough to last or read the new disks (games). So with him returning his XBox, he gets a new one that has the new drive, hence, no more dirty disk errors.

Fosho, just return it telling them that all of the new games you are buying is giving you DDE's, they won't try and test it because you have the warranty. Then, you'll get a new box. Good luck

The warrenty is for return if the XBox breaks right? Well he isn't having problems with disk read errors and the unit works fine so its clearly an abuse.

It just means everyone else has to pay more for warrenties.

Just because some units have disk read problems doesn't mean all will, I'm sure the majority won't ever have those issues.

I know my truck will break down sometime after the warrenty is up, but I don't expect someone else to pay for it.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree because I'm never going to be convinced its right to have someone else pay $200 to replace perfectly good hardware because it might break.

ChickenSHHHH, Fosho & now Kortiz's Avatar

i paid 50bucks for the warranty.

i know that at some point in time this thing is going to crap out on me and i dont want to have just paid 50 bucks extra for nothing. i may just do that. bestbuy sold me the 2 year warranty. i gotta find the receipt though......

DDE is all i need to say is happening to my xbox? if so then i will do it.

I paid $300 for my xbox. I should never have to replace it.

I didn't think extended warranties were any good at EB, or anywhere else. Jeeze, I should've bought one, since one of my controllers is starting to break, and I'm sure other things will follow.

Thread Information