Thread: Your Custom Combos, Tell us your secret!

Xba's Official Hierarch TheCovenant's Avatar

Default Your Custom Combos, Tell us your secret!

Well, I know people learn how to play a fighitng game way better when you play constantly with other poeple. But since soul calibur 2 isnt online, tell us your combos, or little tricks and tips, so we all vantage from each other.

Im just going to say a quick cervantez combo and tip.

Cervantez air grab combo (5-6 hits)--------------Load up cervantez with that move that allows him to fly across the screen and swing his swords(v ,v ->, >). If you did it with a soul charge, they cant block it. Next, if they do block it (block not perry) then immediatly do your b+g grab and you get the grab in. If the dont block it they will be launched fairly high into the air. next turn around by pressing the direction they are and press
    (B then v), this move will cath them out of the air and take away some damage. After this, if they dont roll away, press down , then B for a final down stab. this whole ordeal takes about 60 percent of the enemies life.

Tip: after doing Cervantez's special soul Charge, press toward and he will dash at a very quick pace toward the enemy without doing an attack, you will stop right in front of them where you will do any grab you want. (note this works if they see you charging up and block out of fear)

Well i know that these combos are easy and dont match up to some of the more complex stuff (ivy 16 hit air chain combo, from soul calibur 1), but its just to get the ball rolling. Anyone have anything they want to share? especially with newer characters not from soul calibur 1 (Raphael, Spawn, Talim....)

I know of an 8-9 hit custom combo with Talim.

First, B,B,K to hit 4 times and get the guy in the air, then with the right timing, A,A,B(Or B,B,A, can't remember) to hit another 4 times, and then when the enemy hits the ground, do an attack that hits the enemy on the ground.

I also use Back Back-A A A Down to Forward-B, A A Down or Up A A, B B K, A A B, and B B A at any given time.

To get the ball rolling I usually use Forward Forward K, or Forward Forward B, and then get into some combos and grabs.

Using your Special attacks is a good idea right after you knock the guy down, also. For example, Knock the guy down, and right after use A+K.

Anyways, Talim is awesome.

Anyone played the arcade game Soul Edge? I think it was the first in the series, as Seigfreid(SP? Nightmare) and a few other characters were in it.
    Last edited by Cryogenic Pyro; 09-08-2003 at 07:45 PM.

Sharing custom combos is a great idea.

But lets get everyone on the same page, most people use the numpad key as a reference.

Look at your numpad on your keyboard. Notice Left is 4, 6 is right, 2 is down etc....

Use the proper numpad key to indicate direction.

Mitsurugi

3A, 3B, 236B, 66AB

If they roll, change 66AB to 1A
    Last edited by JJaX-XBA; 09-09-2003 at 01:54 AM.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Originally posted by Cryogenic Pyro

First, B,B,K to hit 4 times and get the guy in the air, then with the right timing, A,A,B(Or B,B,A, can't remember) to hit another 4 times, and then when the enemy hits the ground, do an attack that hits the enemy on the ground.

I also use Back Back-A A A Down to Forward-B, A A Down or Up A A, B B K, A A B, and B B A at any given time.

To get the ball rolling I usually use Forward Forward K, or Forward Forward B, and then get into some combos and grabs.

Using your Special attacks is a good idea right after you knock the guy down, also. For example, Knock the guy down, and right after use A+K.

Anyone played the arcade game Soul Edge? I think it was the first in the series, as Seigfreid(SP? Nightmare) and a few other characters were in it.
    We play almost the exact same way
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

I going to say tha actual button, 'cause I never remember what the game does
    For Spawn:
    Hold 8 then hit Y. If you hit, your oponent will go high in the air and you will levitate. Then hold Y and Spawn will charge an attack then hit the person on the ground with his axe. This does about 35% damage to your opponent.
    Hidden Content
    "Happiness is having a scratch for every itch."-Ogden Nash

Originally posted by kenji
    I going to say tha actual button, 'cause I never remember what the game does
    For Spawn:
    Hold 8 then hit Y. If you hit, your oponent will go high in the air and you will levitate. Then hold Y and Spawn will charge an attack then hit the person on the ground with his axe. This does about 35% damage to your opponent.
    I use that often, the Hold 8 B attack also does a guard break. Get your opponent to think grabs when you run in to set him up.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Originally posted by Cryogenic Pyro

my best friend does that combo all the time and that last part where it hits them up in the air with that back flip. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGRRRGGGHTRHHHHGRHRHRH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate that move so bad! Ive learned how to get around it but still cant counter it or attack them from vulnerability....

And Jjax, that was a great idea thanx.

okay heres another Cervantez combo.....

Cervantez 6-7 hit combo, (you'll get a lot of points for style if you pull this one off)

tap 3 and slide a-to-B, quickly. The first a move will stun him and the second one will luanch them in the air. I f you hold b, it becomes a gaurd break move. anyway, after they are in the air, they will fly behind you, where you can tap with a quick A+B, he will stab while hes facing away from the enemy. then turn around and hit B, this will set him up for the last part of the juggle. after he flys a little further from that last "B", hit 6A+B, A+B to hit them twice. Its a very damaging combo doing 110-115 damage. If your behind by a lot, this combo comes in handy. and its also a gaurd break! what else do you want from this move?

Covenant, im pretty sure you can roll out of your combo. After the A+B backstab they can roll out.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

im prettymuch a newb but i like the spawn fire ball thingy,

just levitate and hold down right trigger, u can do it while ppl are down too muahaha (especially good against anoying friends that block alot) it only works on slow ppl and with soul charge on it takes out half a life meter but then again u prolly already knew that -.-
    theres nuthin better then hearing a moo in the morning...
    I LIKE COWS!
    Hidden Content I AM MR. COWCOW!
    PS: everything with distortion rawkz!

thats not a custom combo... thats a move... customs are linking attacks where your opponent cant get a block in

Originally posted by JJaX
    Covenant, im pretty sure you can roll out of your combo. After the A+B backstab they can roll out.
    You mean air control out of it? because the entire combo is a juggle. And no if you do it fast enoughyou shouldnt be able to air control out of it, cause the moves track. so either way the combo is flawless, if you pull it off correctly.......im going to record it and post it on here ill be back!
    Don't RTFM me! I already RTFMed, okay!

Originally posted by TheCovenant

You mean air control out of it? because the entire combo is a juggle. And no if you do it fast enoughyou shouldnt be able to air control out of it, cause the moves track. so either way the combo is flawless, if you pull it off correctly.......im going to record it and post it on here ill be back!
    Yeah, after the back stab im pretty sure you can air roll out.

Im not 100% sure though...

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Thread Information