Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GTA 4....on PS2 only.

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Default GTA 4....on PS2 only.

Next GTA instalment still set for Sony exclusivity

Following the announcement of a pack featuring Grand Theft Auto 3 and its sequel, Vice City, for the Xbox this Christmas, Take-Two CEO Jeffery Lapin has clarified the situation regarding console exclusivity for the franchise.

Speaking on a financial conference call following the announcement of the publisher's results, Lapin explained that Take-Two has amended its exclusivity deal with Sony, which had previously prevented the games from appearing on any console other than the PS2.

However, the contract still covers the next instalment in the Grand Theft Auto series, which Lapin refused to go into detail over - confirming only that the next game will be on the PlayStation 2 (not the PlayStation 3 as has been speculated by some commentators) and will have an unspecified period of exclusivity on that platform.

Source@
    ==============================================

My thoughs: What they are trying to do ? GTA 4 will be exclusively to PS2, not even PS3 ? So the graphics will be uh...... totally outdated or what ? At least i think this one will be on PS3 rather than PS2.
    Back into the world of gaming.

xboxteen

cough*vice city is 4*cough and good for them, xbox has lived a few years with out GTA and we really dont care or do we ?

Member on the run

Originally posted by xboxteen
    cough*vice city is 4*cough and good for them, xbox has lived a few years with out GTA and we really dont care or do we ?
    I don't. Their loss.

Angry

I am sick of this GTA talk. This game is not really that great. There someone had to say it. I mean honestly after doing some really sick stuff to people it gets boring. It is not that good. The graphics aren't that good, the targeting is off, you see the same people everywhere, you can't communicate with no one, the missions range from okay to tedious, and I can go on and on. Let PS2 keep it. The Xbox is doing just fine. I thank you.

This is MY HOME

It really is too bad though. With their deal w/ Sony, they are never going to see the kinds of numbers for the xbox that will make them change their mind.

I'll probably pick up the bundle, but really more out of curiosity. I'm sure it's a good game, but I'm not in the habit of buying year (or 2) old titles.
    RIP Dave

and will have an unspecified period of exclusivity on that platform.

i think that means the game well be exclusive for the ps2 for a period of time ,then it will come to other systems,meaning this thread makes no sense
    Hidden Content props to Caged Soul for the sig an props to my mom for giving birth to me

It always comes down to one thing with people and companies and thats cash. This game like the others "WILL" at some point be on other systems, including the xbox. I read the actual full statment the other day when it first came out and seen that it said something like exclusive to ps2 (not ps3), for some length of time, not however "forever" or something like that.
    Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

Originally posted by DIGITAL
    and will have an unspecified period of exclusivity on that platform.

i think that means the game well be exclusive for the ps2 for a period of time ,then it will come to other systems,meaning this thread makes no sense
    My thing is who cares? Can someone please tell me if the game is that good? I don't think so. The Xbox will have games like Fable, Halo2, and Half Life 2. I mean come on, is GTA better than those three. I happen to think that KOTOR is much better and that game is already breaking records. We don't need GTA period.

This is MY HOME

i never said the game was good ,i just said this thread makes no sense ,since Shadow20002 posted this thread as GTA4 on ps2 only, then in his own post it states and will have an unspecified period of exclusivity on that platform.which means it can go to other platforms after a period of time
    Hidden Content props to Caged Soul for the sig an props to my mom for giving birth to me

ChromaticStudios.net AloneInTheDark's Avatar

[/i]Originally posted by xboxteen[/i]
    Actually, Vice City isn't 4, its just Grand Theft Auto Vice City. It's (kind of) like with the final fantasy. Tactics, X2, they arent new "numbers" in the series. So GTA4 will be a new game.

I ain't got next to nothing on my mind.
    I'll be alright when I see you right after five.
    I don't got to lie.
    Baby we can go get hi-igh
    RIP DZ RIP DZ

right when i had faith in rockstar

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Unless they made a new on-line version, updated the graphics, game modes, options, weapons, fighting moves, vehicles, and so on, I'm not interested anyway.

Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
    Unless they made a new on-line version, updated the graphics, game modes, options, weapons, fighting moves, vehicles, and so on, I'm not interested anyway.
    My man.

This is MY HOME

Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
    Minus the online, I think what we have here is True Crime

I can't help but think all these "Press" releases are just marketing ploys to generate hype for the release of Vice City on Xbox.

Not interested?? What's not to like about GTA? I think it's one of the best game franchises ever. I can understand saying that you don't care because the game won't be making an immediate appearance on our beloved box, but the game is spectacular!

True Crime? I laugh at True Crime! Until I have the game in my xbox and I'm enjoying myself, the words "True Crime" mean nothing to me. A targeting and fighting system similar to DTR is enough to turn me off of the game completely. Of course I'll be getting it if it actually turns out OK, but True Crime has proven nothing to me, while GTA has taken weeks of my life.

It could come to Xbox but i'm thinking Rockstar isn't really all that upset. On PS2 alone GTA and VC both sold about 5 millions copies each and stayed sold out for a few weeks. Rockstar won't be broken up about this exclusive deal.
    Hidden Content
    Now Playing: Pantera - Cemetary Gates

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Papke...Obviously, you're a big fan of GTA...but, I think the game is so damn luckluster...I mean, the visuals are horrible, the fighting engine blows ass, the weapons, for the most part, are weak as hell, the driving system is lacking in so many areas as well.

Now, I'm not one to urinate on anyone's cornflakes, but, I think True Crime will definately give GTA a run for it's money. Let's hope... It's cool that you like GTA, but, to me, it's really lacking so many things that could make it so much better. Hopefully True Crime picks up on GTA's shortfalls...but, what's up with the lock targeting system!?

I'm in complete agreement with you on the lock target system being a bad idea...like the one in DTR...but, let's hope that it works for this game. I know that if the lock target system is used to the extent of DTR, I'll pass up on True Crime really fast. I'm going to rent it to find out first, for sure.

Glad we could settle our differences like gentlemen, and I can definitely see the problems of which you speak.

However...

Stay away from my Corn Flakes.
    Last edited by Papke; 09-09-2003 at 04:59 PM.

IMO

GTA is to PS2

what

HALO is to XBOX

It's a great game, but I'm not going to go out and buy a PS2 just for one game and I doubt many people would do the same. I know some people have tons of moeny and probably own every gaming system out there, but the average person likes Xbox for a reason and PS2 for a reason so this whole thing with "If you want GTA you have to get a PS2" is really stupid. They lose a lot of money by not releasing it on Xbox as well. so does MS for not releasing HALO on PS2. It works both ways.

Ironically this new GTA type of game called True Crime looks pretty good so maybe us Xbox types arent totally screwed.lol

Truth is I'll be too busy playing Halo2 to notice a GTA4 release on PS2.lol

Unless its going to have online, I wont even fart in it's general direction...
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Thread Information