Thread: Is It Possible to "Save Up" Levels?

Jedi Master Shamshoon selowitch's Avatar

Question Is It Possible to "Save Up" Levels?

A question: Is it possible to decline to level up early in the game so that the levels are "saved up" for the time after your character becomes a Jedi?

Whereas we typically achieve around Level 8 in our "native" profession (Scout, Scoundrel, Soldier) before we gain our first level in the Jedi classes (Jedi Guardian, Jedi Sentinel, Jedi Consular), would it be possible to forgo some of the native-class levels in favor of gaining a greater number of Jedi levels?

Member on the run

It is possible, and I have done it a couple of times. The problem with this is that you end up hitting up against a bug where your co-characters will not level-up at the same rate, and will in fact end up being several levels behind you if you leave them at the base for certain periods of time.

Jedi Master Shamshoon selowitch's Avatar

Originally posted by rudedogX
    It is possible, and I have done it a couple of times. The problem with this is that you end up hitting up against a bug where your co-characters will not level-up at the same rate, and will in fact end up being several levels behind you if you leave them at the base for certain periods of time.
    What, then, is the practical effect of this bug? Is saving up levels not worth it because your party members end up being too weak?

They level up just as quick. I made a lvl 2 soldier, lvl 18 consular and he kicked some major arse. My teammates were only 1-2 lvls behind me the game and they did reach 20 by the end. So yup its possible, just makes Taris a bit harder, I relied heavily on Carth and Zaalbaar on those planets.
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

Do you just not level up? So this means that you always have the little triangle at the bottom of the screen? Hehehe, I gonna try this after the extra content comes.
    Hidden Content
    "Happiness is having a scratch for every itch."-Ogden Nash

Thread Information