Thread: Which retail stores will take an exchange?

Default Which retail stores will take an exchange?

I have NFL Fever 2004 brand new in package but I want ESPN football instead. What stores can I try to take them back to for an even exchange w/out a receipt? We have gamestop, wal-mart, target, circuit city, best buy, etc. but I don't know which ones would work

Thanks

Gamerscore Whore

I believe any unopened game is worth the same it was sold for in retail at any store. If you go to a store that sells video games, just tell them it was a gift and you have no receipt. They'll gladly exchange it 9 times out of 10.

Originally posted by CrazyCougar-XBA
    I believe any unopened game is worth the same it was sold for in retail at any store. If you go to a store that sells video games, just tell them it was a gift and you have no receipt. They'll gladly exchange it 9 times out of 10.
    I tried it before. It didn't work. I mean the game was still in the box, and I was told I could only get trade in value. I even said it was a gift. No dice. Maybe a major department store would but a stor like Gamestop, or EB I don't think so.

This is MY HOME

Hippie kicking champion TuffEagle88's Avatar

I bet you could trade it at wal-mart without a receipt. I've traded in a gameboy color there that I siad was broken, but I fried it ACCIDENTALY OF COURSE! I didn't have a receipt, the box, or anything and returned it. It wasn't even bought at a Walmart. I live in Tennessee and it was bought in a Best Buy in Minnesota about 3 months before. They just took it back no problem and let me pick out a new one. Its not quite the same thing, but it shows how easy it is to return somthin to wal-mart and that you don't even need to have any proof- just be a good liar.:wink:
    Hidden Content
    thanks to lax_defense for the siggy!
    "We go feet first!"

Originally posted by t_howell

I tried it before. It didn't work. I mean the game was still in the box, and I was told I could only get trade in value. I even said it was a gift. No dice. Maybe a major department store would but a stor like Gamestop, or EB I don't think so.
    i do it at walmart all the time.....i buy a game for 10 -15 bucks at EB thats worth 50 at walmart.......do what crazy said,say it was a gift and walmart will give ya 50 bucks store credits then ya can use it for a game.....bestbuy will do this too.......you cant do this at a vid game store like eb or gamespot though......they'll just give ya the trade in credit....those bastages,then they'll sell it for 50

edit: yup,walmart is the best place to do it

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Geez... you got luck Venom....
    Back into the world of gaming.

Just stay on your grind DocHoliday78's Avatar

Gamestop will for sure take it. they have a 7 day policy. Atleast over here they do.

even if it's not purchased from gamestop?

Default Re: Which retail stores will take an exchange?

Originally posted by Calvmann
    I have NFL Fever 2004 brand new in package but I want ESPN football instead. What stores can I try to take them back to for an even exchange w/out a receipt? We have gamestop, wal-mart, target, circuit city, best buy, etc. but I don't know which ones would work

Thanks
    If you scratched off the card for the two month free XBL, You're outta luck. Retailers have been instructed to look for the certificate before accepting returns.

Thread Information